Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online US Election Coverage Wednesday Morning

Options
  • 02-11-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I wanna be able to watch coverage of the election results on Wednesday morning in work , can anyone tell me whats the best possible way to view this online. Do the major news outlets broadcast life coverage online?

Rgds

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Bill wrote: »
    Hello All,

I wanna be able to watch coverage of the election results on Wednesday morning in work , can anyone tell me whats the best possible way to view this online. Do the major news outlets broadcast life coverage online?

Rgds

Will

- rte live www.rte.ie/live will have coverage
    - www.cnn.com will also have live coverage

I think that all news outlets on-line will have coverage, it will just be a matter of choosing the one you want, when considering the reporters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ya I was thinking CNN, unfortunately cant access in RTE in work so.........

Ya I was thinking CNN, unfortunately cant access in RTE in work so.........

mind my asking why you can't access RTE online at work but you can access another website with live coverage? just curious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Same here...streaming from the RTE site is blocked by the company web filter. They don't block other streams though. They blocked our access to RTE streaming after the olympics finished.
    Presumably done to stop people watching sport and stuff on company time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Same here , realplayer just dont stream at work.

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Same here...streaming from the RTE site is blocked by the company web filter. They don't block other streams though. They blocked our access to RTE streaming after the olympics finished.
    Presumably done to stop people watching sport and stuff on company time.
    Same here , realplayer just dont stream at work.

ah jeez lads sorry i didn't think of that aspect, although i should have considering the clampdown on internet access where i am working.

*gets thinking cap back on and leaves*

c-span will have coverage and it is available on both real-player and windows media player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sky news website will also have coverage in updates format.
    (if your signed up to their free web feed service for current subscribers, you get the broadcats live video too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

In what time frame can we expect results to start coming in?

cornbb wrote: »
    In what time frame can we expect results to start coming in?

I'd imagine about 1am onward with build-up etc starting about 9pm Irish-time

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I'd imagine about 1am onward with build-up etc starting about 9pm Irish-time
    ...takes a break for a while ...and then it continues after the courts open their doors and lets the lawyers in! :rolleyes:

Biggins wrote: »
    ...takes a break for a while ...and then it continues after the courts open their doors and lets the lawyers in! :rolleyes:

and that'll be where we'll see the real battling :pac:

Advertisement