Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail on Nokia 6300

• 02-11-2008 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi,

am trying to set up e-mail on a 6300 but it's not working. spoke with cust.services and girl said it can't work on this model although the e-mail option appears under 'messaging'. i have the server details but can't find where to put them.
    has anyone else gotten around this? does anyone know of a service in ireland where you can send a pic (multimedia msg) and they'll host it somewhere? need to get pic from phone to pc with no bluetooth or cables
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ElvisP wrote: »
    need to get pic from phone to pc with no bluetooth or cables
    thanks

Maybe Take it to a different PC, and then copy it to disk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭ElvisP

might be as easy.
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Maybe Take it to a different PC, and then copy it to disk?

I think bebo allows you to do this.

Also of the email settings, its been awhile since i used a 6300 but i think; Messaging; options; settings; Email; Connection settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Does the gmail mobile app not work on your phone? that be the right job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭ElvisP

tried bebo but it only offered uploads from the pc (unless i missed something, which is entirely possible)
    not sure about the gmail option. i have web access (wap) from the phone. can i connect to gmail from there and attach a pic and send to my gmail a/c?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

try http://m.flickr.com/
    or if your on o2 Upload your photos directly from your mobile to your Bebo profile by sending a picture message to 53205, costs 25cent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ElvisP wrote: »
    hi,

am trying to set up e-mail on a 6300 but it's not working. spoke with cust.services and girl said it can't work on this model although the e-mail option appears under 'messaging'. i have the server details but can't find where to put them.
    has anyone else gotten around this? does anyone know of a service in ireland where you can send a pic (multimedia msg) and they'll host it somewhere? need to get pic from phone to pc with no bluetooth or cables
    thanks

She is bull****ting you.
    I have used the internal email client on a 6300 before.

What email provider are you trying to set up, and what network are you?

Advertisement