Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIR Parade Belfast

Options
  • 02-11-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

I know theres another thread on this topic but it seems to have gone completely up its own arse so Im going to post here.

I just had a quick look at some of the images from todays parade on An Nuacht on RTE1.
    A disgraceful display of British triumphalism with the good name of Ireland (for the most part abroad anyway) being dragged through the mud by being linked with these fascists.
    Shame on those on this board who have defended the RIR, shame on the RIR and shame on those that turned out today to cheer on these killers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,203 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

To be fair, that post would not have been out of place in the other thread.

I think it is triumphalist nonsense as well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I know theres another thread on this topic but it seems to have gone completely up its own arse so Im going to post here.

I just had a quick look at some of the images from todays parade on An Nuacht on RTE1.
    A disgraceful display of British triumphalism with the good name of Ireland (for the most part abroad anyway) being dragged through the mud by being linked with these fascists.
    Shame on those on this board who have defended the RIR, shame on the RIR and shame on those that turned out today to cheer on these killers.

Please explain how they're facists? I'd love to know your reasoning behind such a claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I know (...........)have defended the RIR, shame on the RIR and shame on those that turned out today to cheer on these killers.

The whole thing about the peace process was learning to put up with each others ****e, and avoiding rubbing of same in each others faces where possible. They ditched the flypast and carrying of Arms, what the hell more do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nodin wrote: »
    The whole thing about the peace process was learning to put up with each others ****e, and avoiding rubbing of same in each others faces where possible. They ditched the flypast and carrying of Arms, what the hell more do you want?

Acknowledgment of the suffering they inflicted in NI? (you know, those 300 odd dead victims of the Army along with the mental suffering of the living)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

[/QUOTE
    the brits should have called this event off they showed themselves as no better than the Unionist yobs who attacked Peaceful protesters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

My anger about todays scenes was based on the glorification of what the RIR and their political masters are currently involved in in Afghanistan and the linking of Ireland in any way shape or form to these events.
    These guys in the RIR may be wearing uniforms payed for by taxpayers money but they are nothing more than criminals in my eyes and to see the crowds cheer them today was disgusting.

So you'll be equally disgusted to know we have troops over there as well then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gurramok wrote: »
    Acknowledgment of the suffering they inflicted in NI? (you know, those 300 odd dead victims of the Army along with the mental suffering of the living)

Realistically, theres two chances of that.
    My anger about todays scenes was based on the glorification of what the RIR and their political masters are currently involved in in Afghanistan and the linking of Ireland in any way shape or form to these events.

Afghanistan was an action voted for and cleared by the UN. Ireland supported it. You presuambly mean Iraq, which was only justified via the UN in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

What the hell difference does that make?
    As well as singing along to Loyalist songs.

I've never felt so much hatred and sickness in a very long time until I seen those scumbags marching through Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Did the RIR ever apologise for killing that child a few weeks back in Afghanistan? Dlofnep thinks probably not. The parade was a political statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Well done to all who took part in the Parade today, it was a great event on the streets of Belfast, spoiled only by the Sinn Fein counter demonstration & the omission of the RAF Fly Past (which would have been a Grrreat spectacle 4 for public).

Wonderful to see so many supporters (30k+) out on the streets welcoming home the Royal IRISH Regiment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Camelot wrote: »
    Well done to all who took part in the Parade today, it was a great event on the streets of Belfast, spoiled only by the Sinn Fein counter demonstration

How exactly did the peaceful and approved protest spoil the parade?
    Any news piece you listen to is saying that the cops were holding back militant unionists from attacking the Sinn Fein members gathered peacefully.
    Also on TV you can see a firework being hurled at Relatives for Justice protestors and supporters. Also loyalist youths up on scaffolding hurling bottles at peaceful protestors. All for a pack of scumbags swinging their arms madly while singining along to drunken scumbag Loyalists.

From the Andersonstown News, Friday,
    my.php?image=dsc00761ca7.jpg
    my.php?image=dsc00762tt7.jpg
    http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00761ca7.jpg
    http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00762tt7.jpg
    & the omission of the RAF Fly Past (which would have been a Grrreat spectacle 4 for public).

Well the RAF coming from Iraq/Afghanistan wouldn't have much to celebrate I don't think.
    Wonderful to see so many supporters (30k+) out on the streets welcoming home the Royal IRISH Regiment.
    Hehe :) And what a great following.

Well done to all who took part in the Parade today, it was a great event on the streets of Belfast, spoiled only by the Sinn Fein counter demonstration & the omission of the RAF Fly Past
    Must have different news coverage in lala land ,
    only real trouble was from the brit followers in the unionist camp who trew bottles at family's murdered by the glorious Regiments of the BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The Royal Irish Regiment did Ireland proud, & heart warming to see so many Union Flags on the streets of Belfast too, Great day all in all + very little violence apart from a few drunken yobs on both sides ........

God Bless Sinn Fein & Eirigi - they are so Pure & Holy, never causing any trouble & never being involved in any wrong doing whatsoever ;) poor old sausages, headed by the 'bearded one' & having to watch the tunultuous Homecoming of the 'Royal Irish Regiment' whilst not throwing stones or Petrol Bombs!

Didnt even attack the Police this time! (Which makes a pleasant change).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

The Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa and the great Diego Maradona (including his god given hand) could have voted for it for all I care.
    Bottom line is a bunch of criminals were cheered through the streets of Belfast today while Afghanistan (and increasingly Pakistan) stand on the brink of yet another catastrophe and all the UN resolutions in the world arent gonna change that fact!
    Afghanistan was an action voted for and cleared by the UN. Ireland supported it. You presuambly mean Iraq, which was only justified via the UN in hindsight.

The Royal Irish Regiment did Ireland proud, & heart warming to see so many Union Flags on the streets of Belfast too, Great day all in all + very little violence apart from a few drunken yobs on both sides ........

God Bless Sinn Fein & Eirigi - they are so Pure & Holy, never causing any trouble & never being involved in any wrong doing whatsoever ;) poor old sausages, headed by the 'bearded one' & having to watch the tunultuous Homecoming of the 'Royal Irish Regiment' whilst not throwing stones or Petrol Bombs!

Didnt even attack the Police this time! (Which makes a pleasant change).
    Ye they will soon be running the police so better keep things sweet, ;)
    enjoy days like this cause their may not be many more left,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Royal Irish Regiment did Ireland proud, & heart warming to see so many Union Flags on the streets of Belfast too, Great day all in all + very little violence apart from a few drunken yobs on both sides
    Oh you missed the posts below...
    How exactly did the peaceful and approved protest spoil the parade?
    Any news piece you listen to is saying that the cops were holding back militant unionists from attacking the Sinn Fein members gathered peacefully.
    Also on TV you can see a firework being hurled at Relatives for Justice protestors and supporters. Also loyalist youths up on scaffolding hurling bottles at peaceful protestors. All for a pack of scumbags swinging their arms madly while singining along to drunken scumbag Loyalists.

From the Andersonstown News, Friday,
    my.php?image=dsc00761ca7.jpg
    my.php?image=dsc00762tt7.jpg
    http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00761ca7.jpg
    http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00762tt7.jpg

Well the RAF coming from Iraq/Afghanistan wouldn't have much to celebrate I don't think.
    TOMASJ wrote: »
    Must have different news coverage in lala land ,
    only real trouble was from the brit followers in the unionist camp who trew bottles at family's murdered by the glorious Regiments of the BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Oh how I wish I had not clicked into this thread.

How sad to see their are still people like Camelot about:( Very sad day yesterday imo. I await the Irish government celebration of INLA or RIRA killers in return:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Methinks, if Camelot is Irish, he's just being all Eoghan Harris and going against the grain.

How interesting of you, Camelot! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Regiments returning from active service always have a parade. will these demonstrators be going to Colchester or Aldershot to protest as well or is their dislike of the war in Afghanistan limited only those regiments based in Northern Ireland?

I'd quite like to see Sinn Fein organise a protest in Colchester, that should be fun:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Battle lines drawn before the first page was out. I can't see this thread going anywhere useful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement