Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osprey Hotel Naas

Options
  • 02-11-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Im rarely really impressed by the standard of customer service in Ireland, but i had to share my experience of this hotel this weekend. Amazing!

Myself and a group of all my best mates headed down for a hen weekend. Had booked one of their special VIP type packages. Was expecting the normal generic hotel service (bland and nothing to write home about) but,
    from the time we walked in the door on friday afternoon i was truely surprised by the level of attention , courtesy and really pleasant customer service we got. The meals were fab, the spa was great, the area in the nightclub that they reserved was brilliant (with champagne laid on etc). The bouncers were sound...everything..it was an absolutely fantastic weekend.

Its restored my faith in the Irish hospitality service altogether! Cant recommend it enough!!:D:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Funny that but I have heard some very uplifting stories in the past month about the return of good ole Irish Customer service in the hotel industry as a way to survive the current downturn .

I hope that , together with keen pricing , is catching !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well it worked with me anyway..ive been raving about it since i got home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

anniehoo wrote: »
    Amazing!....

fab, ....great, ....brilliant ...fantastic .....yadayadayada

Bit light on content there.

Price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

wyndham wrote: »
    Bit light on content there.

Price?

€245 for the package. Included champagne and strawberries before dinner on friday night, 5 course meal, pedicures for all 6 of us on the sat, buffet breakfast sat and sun mornin, free entry in Time nightclub saturday night with reserved area in VIP section with another 2 bottles of moet and strawberries. The rooms were 2 duplexes with an upstairs sitting room and bedrooms dowstairs with balconies off both. Really nice staff in every area of the hotel (reception,restaurant, bar and spa)!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Had similar experience there last year - definitely recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭muffinob1

delighted to hear all this we're having our wedding reception there christmas 09. Has anyone been there for a wedding?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, although it was about 4 years ago!! :) They were very good at the wedding, had everything managed very well. I've been to a couple of weddings where clearing the tables away for the dance floor took over an hour leaving everyone milling around at the bar, but they had it done so fast in the Osprey, we barely even noticed!! It was a Christmas wedding too, and the decor was fab, food was gorgeous and the rooms are lovely. The bathrooms have fantastic showers and baths (big enough for 2!). Good luck and enjoy your day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It won't be too long before some hotels and restaurants start dragging people screaming through the doors and strapping them to a chair for half-price everything.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It won't be too long before some hotels and restaurants start dragging people screaming through the doors and strapping them to a chair for half-price everything.

Hope so!! Planning my wedding for 2010! lol I've got a spreadsheet done up and put in prices from hotels we're looking at in November. I went in and put in the prices on the websites this week, and there's already a huge difference. Lots of places coming out with much better packages now and seem to appreciate your business unlike before where the attitude was almost like they were putting themselves out for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Toots85 wrote: »
    Hope so!! Planning my wedding for 2010! lol I've got a spreadsheet done up and put in prices from hotels we're looking at in November. I went in and put in the prices on the websites this week, and there's already a huge difference. Lots of places coming out with much better packages now and seem to appreciate your business unlike before where the attitude was almost like they were putting themselves out for you :rolleyes:

Be very careful if you are putting deposits down on things in the months ahead. (Use a credit card, not laser, wherever possible). Also, those offering the lowest prices at the moment may be indicative of troubled businesses, with cash flow problems.

• Advertisement

wyndham wrote: »
    Be very careful if you are putting deposits down on things in the months ahead. (Use a credit card, not laser, wherever possible). Also, those offering the lowest prices at the moment may be indicative of troubled businesses, with cash flow problems.

Yes, that's my biggest fear!! I'm going to keep watching how things pan out, but won't be booking anything until at least October of this year. My other fear is that I'll hold on too long and won't get the date we want.

Advertisement