Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zboard and Wrath of the Lich King

• 02-11-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get one of the above keyboards(for my bfs bday!) but I can't find one! The only websites I can find that sell these, wont deliver to Ireland(Play and Amazon).

Any ideas? Could I order one from the states or would it work? Or if anyone knows of any shops that sell these, doesn't have to be the lich king one, please let me know:o I'm getting a bit worried!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

afaik pcworld sell them.

did you check:

komplet.ie
    dabs.ie
    pixmania.ie
    elera.ie

Thy might have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

yep, just checked all of those and no luck:(. Is anyone using these and if so where did you get it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft-Limited-Keyset-Zboard/dp/B001GQ2HRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1225670987&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm curious what someone would do with a monstrosity such as that... bloody ugly thing and cant imagine how much more useful it can be compared to a normal keyboard.

Personally, I'd prefer a G15 over that any day...

Sadly though, I cant offer any kind of help with tracking them down.

I just check a few more sites in the uk that do deliver to ireland (yoyotech.co.uk scan.co.uk overclockers.co.uk) yoyotech and scan have the zboards, but not the wow ones.

I did however manage to find it on the esl shop, and afaik they do deliver to ireland:

http://www.esl-shop.net/product_info.php/products_id/682/language/en

Although i am with ivan on this, i had one for doom 3 and i found it a nightmare to use. But if your bf is looking for this then he's gonna be happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got the 4 Zboards back in the day from my old job, and they are rubbish to be frank.

You would be much better off investing in a logitech G11 or G15...pricey, but way better then Zboards and much more durable.

You can get better functionality of G series keyboards, he can bind macros to the macro keys etc, the G15 has a lovely lcd screen that he can download a wow programme that interacts with it, he can quick see info like gold, whispers etc on his lcd screen.

Its just much better, to put it frankly, the Zboards are an awful gimmick that everyone jumped at first, but then quickly realised its a horrid keyboard.

I'm sure he performes more functions on his pc then wow, music, video, web browsing, typing...and a Zboard is horrid.

If my girlfriend bought me a G15....she would be entitled to ask me for whatever she wants whenever she wants, and get it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

would you go down on the brown for a g15?!

are they that good??!!

Thanks everyone:) I will look at getting the G15. I haven't a clue about these things and the Zboard was the only "gaming keyboard" I knew about:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

G15 is a gorgeous board he'll love that, Zboard is tacky piece of ****.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    would you go down on the brown for a g15?!

are they that good??!!

Thanks for the lol of the day :D haha

its well pricey though coming in at 100 euro retail.

But its defo worth it, you can put a lovely phrase saying across the lcd

" Dont forgot who bought you this, and when I whistle better get running"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah I had one of those Zboards. Found it rubbish really.

Using a G15 original now for the last couple of years and it's been great, best keyboard I ever got, even the WASD key printing hasn't worn down at all yet :)

Anyway, would you not be better getting your BF one of these keyboards instead...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-000-AV&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=2&name=Optimus%20Maximus%20Keyboard

KB-000-AV_400.jpg

See now that's pure love if you bought him one of those ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help I ended up getting the G15, heres hoping he likes it:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

If he doesnt, you should consider looking for a boyfriend with better taste ;)

i didnt actually like the g15, frustrated me to the point that i ended up ripping it out and smashing it against my tables untill it started raining keys and bits of plastic. Gief standard dell no frills keyboard.

Behold the keyboard of win:

Dell_keyboard_1.jpg

haha +1 manties thats how im rolling at home.

only cuz i couldnt be arsed spendin my hard earned dollar on a keyboard, especially that thousand euro one..

seeing as though everyone seems to be viewing this thread, and cuz i dont wanna start another useless thread, can any1 tell me the cost of moving a toon from one account to another.

sorry for hijackin this young ladies thread but shes bought the keyboard!!

cheers

I have no problem spending the money, but ive gone through both generatiosn of g15's logitech ones, saitek ones but i honestly find the dell keyboards the best for my style. Plus they take up feck all space :D

As for transfer, i think its something like 16€ but not sure at all.

dell one works grand for me alright!

cheers ill do that later.

char transfer is €20

****it now im hovering over the buy now button for a G15....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just make sure you get the Irish/UK keyboard layout when you buy the G15. Komplett at one stage were only selling the US keyboard layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WoWplayer123

Advertisement