Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sarsfield roundabout

Options
  • 02-11-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    I am not from Cork and I have my driving test in teh Sarsfield test centre in 2 days time. I took some lessons and I am fine except for sorting out the lanes on the way back from Wilton roundabout down to Sarsfield roundabout and then to the test centre.

I've gone through it and I am still confused. Can I use either middle or left lanes in the middle of the roundabout at the lights just before I take the left exit back to the test centre? I realisede that in general I should stay in the centre lane but the arrows really get confusing and I do not want to fail the test because if it...

Here is the image:
    http://wikimapia.org/#lat=51.8769513&lon=-8.5046035&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi,

It is a tricky roundabout alright and the road markings are so worn it doesnt help!

You should be in the center lane as you approach the roundabout (i.e. coming down from Wilton Roundabout). No signals as you come on to the roundabout. As you come on to the roundabout follow a course almost as if you were going to exit left into the overtaking lane of the dual carriageway. All the rest of the traffic on your left will be (or at least should be!!) exiting the roundabout at the first exit, so as you pass that quick check to left mirror and take position if the left most lane as you come to the lights on the roundabout itself (you are now basically stopped in the center of the roundabout, between the 2 carriageways and the grass verge should be on your left). Signal left and as soon as the lights go green exit off the roundabout and up Sarsfield Road.

Best of luck with the test!

Declan.

P.S. Remember if you end up coming back the other route along the Ring Road remember the 50km/hr speed limit as you approach the roundabout!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FOSSIL HUNTER

Hi,
    Many thanks it is very helpful. If I fail it, I will have to contact you regarding some driving lessons!

Advertisement