Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sorting my tax

Options
  • 02-11-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey, I have a second hand car which I bought from my local garage. I need to tax it but am at a slight loss. I know I can't tax it online as it's second hand so I'm filling in the rf100a form. Is that correct? Do I put something in for cert of roadworthiness section as I dont have this only my NCT? and what do I put into the renewal details section for expiry date of last disc because I don't know when it was taxed last. Also I'm living in Dublin now but bought the car down the country so is it ok to send the stuff off to the Tax office in Dublin? Any help here would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Neecod wrote: »
    Hey, I have a second hand car which I bought from my local garage. I need to tax it but am at a slight loss. I know I can't tax it online as it's second hand so I'm filling in the rf100a form. Is that correct? Do I put something in for cert of roadworthiness section as I dont have this only my NCT? and what do I put into the renewal details section for expiry date of last disc because I don't know when it was taxed last. Also I'm living in Dublin now but bought the car down the country so is it ok to send the stuff off to the Tax office in Dublin? Any help here would be appreciated

If you bought the car from a garage then they got you to fill in the change of ownership section of the car's old Vehicle Licencing Cert, the garage then post it off to the DOE in Shannon. They then update their database and post out to you a new Vehicle Licencing Cert with you down as the new registered owner of the car. This can take upto a month. You can then go into your nearest Motor Tax office with this form and tax the car.

Also it doesn't matter where you bought the car, you can tax it at any motor tax office and you don't need to have a valid NCT cert to tax your car anymore afaik.

Advertisement