Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike lessons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

just crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Is there just a touch of crazy going on here or is it just me?

No, its just you. Everything normal here - I checked a couple of times.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No, its just you. Everything normal here - I checked a couple of times.

'c

Whoaaaa! Something is definatly up when you don't sign off your posts right. Who are you and what have you done with the real 'cptr!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Whoaaaa! Something is definatly up when you don't sign off your posts right. Who are you and what have you done with the real 'cptr!!

Dang, I thought I'd finally made it onto someones 'Ignore list'. Oh well. No, I sign my first post of a thread with 'cptr and any subsequent posts in the same thread with the appreviated abbreviation.

I'm like Prince with my little symbols and purple motorbike (less hair and more belly though...).

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Esm

Hi Guys..

If you are willing to travel to Enniskillen a top bike instructor Brian Mc Ger operates his own private training ground there at really reasonable prices, £35 (ish) as far as I can remember.. 0044 7968135310

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭uncle betty

Try the guys at MSA Motorcycle Safety Association as well. Good guys, they run 3 day (6 hour long each day) courses on their bike (or your own if you have one) at approx EUR850 if using theirs - will take you One to One from absolute beginner through to radio control and out on the road. They're recognised Insurance assessors as well and listed on AON and Quinn

Hi. Was just looking at their site now, and I have a question about the Insurance Assessment.

IS that instruction ? Or is it just you go along and they look at you, and if you're ok they'll give you a cert, and you get cheaper insurance ?

If I get the cert and ring Carole Nash, will they refund some of my premium ? I'm seven months into my insurance policy at this stage.

I don't know whether I should go for that, to try and save a few bob on insurance over time... or spend the money on doing the basic instruction instead.

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hi. Was just looking at their site now, and I have a question about the Insurance Assessment.

IS that instruction ? Or is it just you go along and they look at you, and if you're ok they'll give you a cert, and you get cheaper insurance ?

If I get the cert and ring Carole Nash, will they refund some of my premium ? I'm seven months into my insurance policy at this stage.

I don't know whether I should go for that, to try and save a few bob on insurance over time... or spend the money on doing the basic instruction instead.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mine was six hours, 5 hours training for the last hour of assessment. I saved about 350 euro on 6 months insurance for a 300 euro test. Renewal coming up I'm looking at about another 500 euros. If your in early days of biking then it pays for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 onmaki

Tony Danza wrote: »
    I want to get some bike lessons (complete beginner), but they seem to be much more expensive than I thought. I see on ISM they are €140 for 2 hours :eek: Some other site think it was motorbiketraining.net, it's around €200 for 3 hours. Since a car lesson is around €35, I didn't expect a bike to be twice the price for something that costs a lot less to buy??? Does anybody know of any other places that give lessons at a more reasonable price?

Hi, Im in the same position as Tony.... Im just wondering if anyone has information on taking motorbike courses internationally.... most goods and services cost a lot less outside Ireland, Im sure biking would too... any ideas... I am a fluent Spanish speaker and would have no problem doing a course abroad... luko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Esm wrote: »
    Hi Guys..

If you are willing to travel to Enniskillen a top bike instructor Brian Mc Ger operates his own private training ground there at really reasonable prices, £35 (ish) as far as I can remember.. 0044 7968135310

Only problem with that is that learner permits are only valid in the 26 counties, so to get there could be a problem!

Brian is very good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HomePainting

I did my IBT Bike Lessons with this guy TestDriver.ie

He charged €470 for 16 hours, using his bike included. I found him very good and would defo recommend him :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement