Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs or Nightclubs?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Ok I don't know how it works in Dublin but I've been told by others that nightclubs in Dublin aren't all that, and quite boring/lame - fun but not the best fun you can have and apparently not the best place to meet some nice girls.

Apparently pubs are supposed to be better and more fun and you can have a good time in some pubs rather than nightclubs.

Also, what's a few places in Dublin where you are guaranteed more girls or just more chilled out crowds? University night bars etc? Do you guys have days or places like that there?

Heading over in 2 weeks, would like to meet some cool people as I'm considering living there soon and also...I need to get laid in the 2 nights I have there! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP for girls in Dublin - its gotta be 'THE GEORGE' on Georges St.

Have a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

ahahahahaha solid gold

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

the dragon and the front lounge are also nearby
    both guaranteed spots for getting laid

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    the dragon and the front lounge are also nearby
    both guaranteed spots for getting laid

Good choices too, but the bouncer's on The Dragon as bastards - one tried to block my passage one night :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The places you'd want to go for picking up girls are the places all the foreign birds go. Irish girls are useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mairt wrote: »
    OP for girls in Dublin - its gotta be 'THE GEORGE' on Georges St.

Have a great night.

Especially for men in uniform eh? :D

OP, ignore these guys, they are trying to lead you astray, if you want to pick up women (Bearing in mind the city is full of lads trying to do the same) then just stick to the Temple Bar areas. There are some pretty decent clubs/pubs around there that will more than meet your needs.

If you want to avoid the touristy places, then Harcourt Street. off St. Stephens green (Although if you want to sound like a local you have to call it St Stephenseseses Green) has the D2 nightclub and Copper Face Jacks, both will be full of locals (ish)

Failing that, head down to Leeson Street where there are a couple of places where you are gauranteed to meet women......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollisterb

Why the cheeky smile after Lesson St. lol? Red light?

hollisterb wrote: »
    Why the cheeky smile after Lesson St. lol? Red light?

I'll answer for the party pooper, YES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollisterb

lol sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

OK heres my advice from an old skooler ...

Go to a busy boozer just outside the city like Drumcondra, Donnybrook, Rathmines or Kilmainham and get to know the locals. Tell them you know where to get lots of illicit substances and you are a DJ. Get yourself invited back to their joint and plug in your music (e-mixer and MP3's) and switch it up.

Obviously you got to know what you are doing and supply the drunken masses with what they need. Its worked for me a few times with or without any illicit substances. If you are in party mode people will follow ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mairt wrote: »
    I'll answer for the party pooper, YES.

I'm not a party pooper, i just don't want a fellow countryman to get the wrong idea of Dublin.:D

Leeson street has a couple of "Exotic" dancing clubs and apparantly down on the canal is where the ladies of ill repute hang out.

The canal is kind of the border between D2 and D4, so if you see any apartments around there that claim to be "Close to all local amenities" you will know what it means:D

Advertisement