Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 midnight launch in Dublin?

• 02-11-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sean.Domo

Hey, I'm just wondering, does anybody know of anywhere that are doing a midnight release for Gears 2 in Dublin? I'm wondering because if you buy it at midnight you get a code for a sweet golden Hammerburst in online :D
    Thanks,
    SeanDomo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

I think that code is only in the US???

I know that Xtra Vision in Swords are doing a midnight launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sean.Domo

I think that code is only in the US???

I know that Xtra Vision in Swords are doing a midnight launch

Really? Damn, that sucks. Hmm swords is a bit far seeing as I'm D6(South). But I think that in my local Xtra-Vision since they close at 10 if I went up and begged they would let the game slip 2 hours early. If theres no close midnight events i'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Last friday (in Gamestop Stephens Green) I was in collecting Fallout. Asked them are they having a midnight launch and they said its unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

What are the chances of most stores like Xtravision etc getting the limited edition in?

Moiph wrote: »
    What are the chances of most stores like Xtravision etc getting the limited edition in?

I think they should. I remember them getting in Bioshock special ed.'s and Fallout 3 aswell so i presume they will for Gears.

• Advertisement

I may see if I can pre-order one in Xtravision, was gonna get the special edition on play.com but I dont know if I can wait until after the weekend to play Gears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

GameStop on Henry Street are doing a midnight launch, I didn't hear anything about a special code been given out so that maybe a US special.

I pre-ordered the Special Edition in Xtra Vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Game on Dawson ST had a sign mentioning a midnight opening. Don't remember anything about a code though.

Gamestop in Henry St had a sign in the window saying something along the lines of they're so confident people will LOVE the game that if you don't love it, you can return it for full store credit within 7 days of launch. Small print may apply of course...

xanthor wrote: »
    Game on Dawson ST had a sign mentioning a midnight opening. Don't remember anything about a code though.

Gamestop in Henry St had a sign in the window saying something along the lines of they're so confident people will LOVE the game that if you don't love it, you can return it for full store credit within 7 days of launch. Small print may apply of course...

The part about the 7 day return is true, no small print. They had it for Far Cry 2 and I did it.
    Off topic kinda, but has anyone notices that on smyths' website the LE is €10 cheaper than the normal edition? http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=gears%202

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered the Special Edition in Xtra Vision

I must pop in there to pre-order it tomorrow. Did they ask for a deposit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Game on Dawson street have a midnight opening.

I must pop in there to pre-order it tomorrow. Did they ask for a deposit?

€5 deposit minimum

Pre-ordered it today, roll on friday! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i have it pre ordered too, but i dont even know when its out! Presume its Friday?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

aye friday 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

God damn Christmas being close.
    Five games I want Gears 2, Smackdown vs Raw 09, End War,Resistance 2, COD 5
    and can only afford 2 lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

faceman wrote: »
    i have it pre ordered too, but i dont even know when its out! Presume its Friday?

Available from Xtra Vision at midnight on Thursday from the following Xtra Vision stores

http://www.xtravision.ie/xvContent.asp?id=185

WEXFORD
    TULLAMORE
    TRALEE
    SWORDS
    SLIGO
    RATHMINES
    PORTLAOISE
    PARKWAY
    NEWBRIDGE
    NAVAN
    NAAS
    MULLINGAR
    MIDLETON
    LONGFORD
    LETTERKENNY
    KILLARNEY
    GOREY
    GALWAY
    FINGLAS
    ENNIS
    DUNDALK
    DROGHEDA
    DONAGHMEDE
    CLONMEL
    CAVAN
    CASTLEBAR
    CARLOW
    BRAY 2
    BLACKPOOL 2
    ATHLONE
    XTRA-GAME (7.00am)
    WICKLOW
    ONGAR
    MONAGHAN
    LISDUGGAN
    ENNISCORTHY
    DUNGARVAN
    CLONDALKIN
    CLONAKILTY
    CARRIGALINE
    BLANCHARDSTOWN
    BALLYBRACK
    BALLINCOLLIG
    BALLINA NEW STORE
    ATHY
    ASHLEAF
    ARTANE CASTLE
    ARKLOW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

HAve many people pre ordered? I havent but might try and pick one up on Thursday night as I'll be in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They don't give a price though, maybe they're waiting to see what deals Smiths or Tesco are doing, here's hoping anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 alicaffrey

xtra visions across the country are having a midnight launch here is the list
    WEXFORD
    TULLAMORE
    TRALEE
    SWORDS
    SLIGO
    RATHMINES
    PORTLAOISE
    PARKWAY
    NEWBRIDGE
    NAVAN
    NAAS
    MULLINGAR
    MIDLETON
    LONGFORD
    LETTERKENNY
    KILLARNEY
    GOREY
    GALWAY
    FINGLAS
    ENNIS
    DUNDALK
    DROGHEDA
    DONAGHMEDE
    CLONMEL
    CAVAN
    CASTLEBAR
    CARLOW
    BRAY 2
    BLACKPOOL 2
    ATHLONE
    XTRA-GAME (7.00am)
    WICKLOW
    ONGAR
    MONAGHAN
    LISDUGGAN
    ENNISCORTHY
    DUNGARVAN
    CLONDALKIN
    CLONAKILTY
    CARRIGALINE
    BLANCHARDSTOWN
    BALLYBRACK
    BALLINCOLLIG
    BALLINA NEW STORE
    ATHY
    ASHLEAF
    ARTANE CASTLE
    ARKLOW

You can add Waterford to that list, they rang me earlier to confirm that I had a pre-order with them and then informed me that they're opening at midnight and asked if I'd be there. How nice of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

You can add Waterford to that list, they rang me earlier to confirm that I had a pre-order with them and then informed me that they're opening at midnight and asked if I'd be there. How nice of them :D

is that just for ppl who have it pre-ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Whats the story with game,tesco and zavvi , am i going to have any trouble picking it up tomorow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

GAME in Liffey Valley have a sign in the window saying they're doing a midnight launch.
    RAIN wrote: »
    Whats the story with game,tesco and zavvi , am i going to have any trouble picking it up tomorow morning.
    I doubt there'll be any shortage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

GAME in Liffey Valley have a sign in the window saying they're doing a midnight launch.

I doubt there'll be any shortage.

Happy days so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mine has arrived from Gamesnash! Everyone use them they are always a day early even with free standard post. And it only cost me €49.99. If you ordered now you might even get it for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think Game in Dundrum are having a midnight launch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Ok, so who is going to be queuing up tonight to grab their copy ASAP?

• Advertisement

Bryn wrote: »
    I think Game in Dundrum are having a midnight launch!

Ye Game in Dundrum are definitely having a midnight launch. I know a chap that works there.

Advertisement