Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 midnight launch in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Ok, so who is going to be queuing up tonight to grab their copy ASAP?

For the price they're going to charge ? No thanks. Not that I'm in to midnight launches and all that jazz anyway but I can't remember the last time I purchased anything from Game due to their high costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to track a copy down in Galway tonight? I had my sources in Dublin but none since I moved to Galway :(

I'm so pissed off because my brother got his early from play.com today :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone got any confirmation from any Tesco Dublin stores?

Called Nutgrove who hadn't the foggiest what I was on about?
    "Gears of wha???"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Tescos may have it tomorrow afternoon or some time at the weekend for a cheaper price like they did with the GTA4 launch, your best bet is to get to your local XtraVision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eire2go

I popped into Xtravision xtragame in The Square, Tallaght on my way home and enquired. They said they are not opening at midnight but will open at 7 am tomorrow. Prebooked the special edition there and will be in early tomorrow. They did say however that 60 Xtravision branches are opening for 45 minutes at midnight tonight but I didn't ask which ones, I'm happy enuff if I get it on my way to work tomorrow and actually have in in my possession all day. Guess if u really want it telephone your local branch and enquire.

By the way it was €59.99 for the special edition Gears of War 2, €49.99 for standard edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

mailrewop wrote: »
    is that just for ppl who have it pre-ordered.

Nope dont think so. They'll be opening to anyone who wants to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dinter2k

Think ill pop over to xtravision later so.What do ya get with the special edition? Is it worth the extra 10er?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

eire2go wrote: »
    I popped into Xtravision xtragame in The Square, Tallaght on my way home and enquired. They said they are not opening at midnight but will open at 7 am tomorrow. Prebooked the special edition there and will be in early tomorrow. They did say however that 60 Xtravision branches are opening for 45 minutes at midnight tonight but I didn't ask which ones, I'm happy enuff if I get it on my way to work tomorrow and actually have in in my possession all day. Guess if u really want it telephone your local branch and enquire.

By the way it was €59.99 for the special edition Gears of War 2, €49.99 for standard edition

I'll be heading down to swords tonight to get my copy... Have the day off work tomorrow.... MMMM long weekend :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eire2go

Not 100% sure-exclusive game play and nicer packaging, some extra download features as well I think

U get a gold gun for online play... Pew Pew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mccreesj

Ye Game in Dundrum are definitely having a midnight launch. I know a chap that works there.

So do i..... :eek:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Feckin midnight launches makes it harder to get the staff to break the release early.

Who the hell wants to be goin to town for 12 for a game and then have to pay 15 quid for a taxi home? Remember no buses runnin after 11.30.

If I was goin I would end up goin out to a pub for a few hours to make it worth while. Which kind of makes getting the game redundant anyway.

Ban midnight launches.

Well i've to go into the office to do a few bits n swords is only down the road so its two birds with one stone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tesco Artane are doing a midnight launch.

Standard - €60
    Limited edition - €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

koHd wrote: »
    Who the hell wants to be goin to town for 12 for a game and then have to pay 15 quid for a taxi home? Remember no buses runnin after 11.30.

Ban midnight launches.

Coffee and your own 4 wheels FTW.

The pure scorn and belittling by your mrs for doing this the fail.
    Ehm, I'm just popping out for a swift night drive love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tesco Artane are doing a midnight launch.

Standard - €60
    Limited edition - €65
    Is that going to be the price in all the tescos then?

:(:( if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

BFassassin wrote: »
    Is that going to be the price in all the tescos then?

:(:( if true

When Halo 3 came out tesco charged full price at midnight, next morning they dropped the price to €35. I think they refunded the early buyers though.

Might be worth waiting...

GOW2 SE... Check. Bottle of Coke... Check... Lots of Munchies... Check. Gonna be a long night..

Installing it right now... ;-))))))

• unklerosco wrote: »
    GOW2 SE... Check. Bottle of Coke... Check... Lots of Munchies... Check. Gonna be a long night..

Installing it right now... ;-))))))

Installing on 360...whaaaa???

Newho, can anyone confirm prices in tesco or xtravision? Was thinking of sneaking out in the car.
    Xbox forum = ghost town for the next week :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dont see the fuss over gears at all,i didnt like the game on 360 or pc.
    Hope you nice folks enjoy gears 2 all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Installing on 360...whaaaa???

On the NXE you can install games to make it quieter and load quicker.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Just got back with my copy! And...I'm off to bed. I know one of the guys working in Game here, I told him I'd be there. It can wait until tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Hope yis are all enjoying it so far lads! I'm about to give the horde mode a go on live now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

The funny thing is that i would be enjoying gow right now...was going out the door to extra vision to go to the midnight launch when i got a text saying i won gow2 in the redfm gow interview...sadly ill have to wait a week now for gow2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

A-Trak wrote: »
    The pure scorn and belittling by your mrs for doing this the fail.
    Ehm, I'm just popping out for a swift night drive love.

That's where I'd be coming from! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I didn't enjoy GOW 1 that much.
    I don't really have the time to spend on playing it.
    Yet i'm still considering buying it. Hooray for marketing!

A-Trak wrote: »
    "Gears of wha???"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

50 squid in xtra vision last night. Probably the best 50 I'll ever spend.

• newblue08 wrote: »
    50 squid in xtra vision last night. Probably the best 50 I'll ever spend.
    Same here, man it's brill so far. Best game of the year for me. Gotta stop playing....go to go to work gah. Im playing on the hardest difficulty available, i think ya gotta unlock the last one. Talking it really slow. Looking to get the campaign going in co-op with someone, any takers?
    Also, Just for your info guys i bought mine in gamestop this morning for 49.99.
    I think its reverting back to 59.99 tommoro, the guy said there doing it for today only i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Did you see how much Guitar Hero was when you were there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

dazftw wrote: »
    On the NXE you can install games to make it quieter and load quicker.

Thought the NXE isn't released until November 19th?

Advertisement