Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dedication within?

• 02-11-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Decided I'd start one of these logs as Ive fallen off the bandwagon as of late. I started getting mysef into some sort of shape about 3months ago and had good results for the time I was bothering to do something.

Unfortunately, with College back I have been falling back into my old ways. Eating terribly (but not as terribly as before) and generally being lazy, this relates to my college work too. I found that when I was out exercising I was much more mentally refreshed and focused. Obviouly, with the aforementioned lull in any sort of exercise this "focus" has somewhat waned.

So; here I am, clambering back onto the fitness trail.

I am male and currently just over 13stone and 5'11''. I was 14stone 4 in July.

My diet I feel is ok,

Breakfast:
    Muesli/Porridge or Eggs.

Snacks involve rice cakes with various toppings, peanut butter/tuna/salmon. Maybe a hard boiled egg. Some Cheese.

Lunch is usually some sort of wrap with Chicken, cheese and lots of veg filling.

Snack again.

Dinner is Chicken based usually. With a salad or some sort of veg, some rice/pasta on the side. Not much though.

Snack again.

Excercise wise: I play football twice a week most weeks.

I intend on changing my daily routine and rising much earlier than before. Somewhere around 7:30am and getting my daily run and weights session in then.

I'm going to be running 30mins a day, min. I also will do a weights session working on certain body area's aswell daily. For example, Arms/Chest on Monday. Shoulder/Back on tue/ Legs/Core on Wed. After each 3 day cycle then I will repeat and take Sunday off.

Its not intense enough to make me need more rest I don't think but opinions welcomed.

If you read all that, fair play, I thank you. All helpful comments/criticisms appreciated.

As we all know, writing all that is the easy part. Now, onto the hard part.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Got the running and weights out of the way today.

30mins Cardio.

Then:

Bench 45kg 3x8
    Close Grip 30kg 3x8
    Bicep Curl 25kg 3x8
    Hammer Curl 22kg 3x8
    Tricep Kickback 22kg 3x8
    Tricep Extension 22kg 3x8 (was tough)

Tomorrow onto Shoulders and Back with Cardio also in the morning. Have Football in the evening too.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just want to say good luck with the plan. Having it here as a log does help, it gives you somewhere to see your progress.

And yeah, its hard. But that means its working.:)

Advertisement