Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a letter the other day telling me I had to pay a €75 fine for "overloading" my bin. The problem I had, was that when i left my bin out that morning it was not overloaded.
    I went to the south dublin council office to speak with the litter warden but he was not available. I asked was there a complaints division but was told there was not, and the only way of fighting my case was not to pay the fine and to go to court.
    As I do not want to go to court and risk losing and having to pay a €1000 fine I paid the €75 fine.
    I tried to explain to the lady at the desk my situation but her argument was, that the litter warden had taken photographs of my bin. I explained to her that although he had taken photographs he had actually taken photos of someone else's rubbish in my bin.
    I wonder what happens tomorrow when my bin is collected if someone fly-tips in it? Will I be back in the council offices paying another €75 on top of the €8 bin tag I pay every week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Take a photo of your bin every time you out it out. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

This is absolutely disgraceful. Not only do we have to pay for bin tags and bin charges, but now we have to be careful not to overload the bin. Totally crap service.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

This is absolutely disgraceful. Not only do we have to pay for bin tags and bin charges, but now we have to be careful not to overload the bin. Totally crap service.

Yeah, what's with this 'having to pay for services'? Next they'll expect us to pay for electricity and gas.

Advertisement