Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midcaps for AUG

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi
    Can somebody recommend midcaps for AUG?
    So far I can only see two manfuacturers Mauri and KA.

I had to throw away KA M4 mags once as they were not working.
    I wander how KA mags are working for AUG?
    Any other brands available?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

their your only choices im afraid, at least you have a choice :p, the King arms ones were released out of no were a few weeks after i bought 5 expensive Tm ones:rolleyes:. Tm ones feed brilliantly but they are expensive and only hold 80, havent tried King Arms mids yet but i here they work alright with a bit of oiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

I have the KA ones. There grand for the money. Take an average of 110 rounds. They will require a "break in" period to reach max capacity and an inital spray of oil down the mag to aid the spring in bending around its path the first few times.
    Also the part at the bottom of the mag which retains the spring has a tendency come lose so it may need to be loctited in place.

Other than that I cant complain, they do exactly what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

elsi wrote: »
    - They will require a "break in" period to reach max capacity and an inital spray of oil down the mag to aid the spring in bending around its path the first few times.
    - the part at the bottom of the mag which retains the spring has a tendency come lose so it may need to be loctited in place.

I second these two points.

As soon as the first spring retainer cap (or whatever the heck it's called) came loose (first time I loaded the mag and sent 100 odd bbs around the room) I taped up the other 4 mags just in case.
    Mags always work well for me.

Advertisement