Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Letterkenny

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

well, the time has come and construction work has finished in dublin, as far as i can see. got a job in creeslough in donegal so i'm gonna move up. i plan on living in letterkenny and commute to the job everyday, shouldn't be too far. thing is i haven't a notion about letterkenny especially with regard to accommodation. any shady areas one should avoid? i'm 22 so ideally i'd like to get into a student house or a house with young people as i'll be completely on my tobler up there and i don't know anyone. can anyone suggest any particular student areas or maybe somewhere that i'd be able to check out some accommodation? i've looked on daft and there's a few houses quite reasonable but they all seem to say a good walk from the centre etc. any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A couple of older threads may be helpful - here and here

Im sure a few of the Letterkenny brigade will chip in with a comment or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Loads of house share adverts in the Dealer free ad paper, you should have no problem getting one that suits your needs.

As for area, there are only a small amount of bad areas and even at that they're not that bad, the problem is most students live in the dodgier areas. I'd say find a house with people that suits you and dont worry as much about the area.
    You can PM me with the address of any houses your interested in (when you find some) and i'll give you an idea of what their like. But if your only 22, find one close to a pub and you'll be grand:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭cormthechippy

that's excellent. those two other threads were a good read. i always liked donegal so i'm really looking forward to a change from ****hole dublin. senna that would be brilliant thanks, i have been on daft. might drop ye a quick pm now with an address or two and maybe if you had time to tell me about them that'd be brilliant. i wouldn't mind living on the IT side of town or close enough to it, get a bit of a social scene going. secure parking is a must though, had €4000 worth of tools cleared out of my van three months ago from my garden in dublin so i'm very cautious now. thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No problem pm away, secure parking might be a bit more of a problem, but off street parking will probably be possible.

Advertisement