Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampers

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I would be grateful if you could help me out.
    for friends and family i have occasionally made up food or beauty hampers as gifts and ive been told that they look so professional and that i have a great talent for it.
    now the question is.. how does one go about doing this as a small buisness project.. what are the laws on buying goods and selling them on? or is this venture possible at all.. im a real amateur on the buisness scene... any advice/info would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Jav:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Hi Javirl

I Dont think there are any laws on buying and re-selling once you are doing it legitimatly. in relation to your business i think it would be a good runner particularly coming up to this time of year provided you can market to the right people i.e. Consumer or Commercial

I presume this is going to be something run from a garden shed type of thing so exceeding the VAT thresholds will not be an issue?

Cost up the hamper accordingly everything from whats in it to whats around it then see what you mark up on that will be, remember if you dont cost it up correctly this project could end up costing you rather than making you money.

A first step for supplies might be to head down to a cash and carry and buy some supplies wholesale, also take full advantage of the retail special offers i.e. the 3 for 2's etc.

Remember to keep receipts for everything you purchase!!!!!

Are you going to do this part-time or is this a change of life/career thing?

Advertisement