Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lg renoir

• 02-11-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

will we in ireland be seeing this phone anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

metalfest wrote: »
    will we in ireland be seeing this phone anytime soon?

Will be available in 3 stores tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'd prefer it over an iphone....at least it works with everything and dosen't require your credit card details for apps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Walkman wrote: »

But how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

ooooooooooooooooooh :) exciting :P

But how much?

Cheaper than an iphone.....€499 on payg

• Advertisement

is it 500e on 3pay?
    edit: or are you just trying to hint something about the iphone??:P

no luck finding it on the 3 website???

no luck finding it on the 3 website???

Called into the 3 store on henry street today. They have it in stock since saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Called into the 3 store on henry street today. They have it in stock since saturday.

Wwweeellllllll ... What did you think of it ?

are any good networks getting it?:P

• Advertisement

:o:eek:
    it comes with an 8gb memory card:):) woo woo

are any good networks getting it?:P

i've only used it on 3....it's got wifi so I suppose you'd muddle through on your existing 2G network....I've got a picture of a Ferrari with a Volkwagen engine in it....utterly pointless....:p

:o:eek:
    it comes with an 8gb memory card:):) woo woo

where did you see that? It supports 8GB cards...doubt there's one in the box..

http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/2008/09/the_lg_renoir_is_a_work_of_art.html
    towards the end, crtl+f 8gb :)
    apparently its shocking for adding apps

http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/2008/09/the_lg_renoir_is_a_work_of_art.html
    towards the end, crtl+f 8gb :)
    apparently its shocking for adding apps

You missed the line "The good news from LG is that they’re working on something. There’s a realisation swept across the company, it seems, that open is good. Let the market do the innovation, just provide the platform"

don't aske me to to find it in google again....but there meant to be releasing a developers pack.....expect loads of apps...

The 8GB memory card is bundled with the phone

even better:):):)
    great phone eh???
    now if meteor senses my brainwaves and decides to get this phone i'm sorted:P

even better:):):)
    great phone eh???
    now if meteor senses my brainwaves and decides to get this phone i'm sorted:P

I admire your spirit.....:)

probably the viewty and the tocco are the most you'll be seeing..still at €219 for a Viewty on payg it's a great price......it's still €399 on 3...

noooooo:(
    i'd take an omnia or a renoir in a second....
    grr meteor.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Lunabu

Hiya, I'll be getting the LG Renoir tomorrow or Monday, so will be able to give you some feedback on it.
    I did have the Samsung Tocco for a few days but had problems getting on the internet (intermittent problem). According to 3, this is a known issue. Wish I'd known that before I purchased the Tocco.
    Anyway, decided to give the Tocco back to the 3 network and get the LG Renoir instead. It was a fairly quick decision on my part and I only read a few reviews on it, but it appears to be a good phone. Mind you, it's a fair bit pricier than the Tocco, but with all the additional features, it will hopefully be worth my while.
    Costs 299 euro on the Relax 90 contract with 3 (which is the cheapest contract at 19 euro a month.)

• Advertisement

cool :) let us know

Will do, no probs;)

@lunabau

Are you sure your picking the right price plan? you really don't want to be going over your units.
    I'm a little concerned you could end up with a big bill if your not carefull...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Has anyone actually seen theses in the shops yet? Everywhere I tried had no idea when they'd be in and some stores hadn't even heard of the phone. I was thinking of picking one up tomorrow if I can get one.

humanji wrote: »
    Has anyone actually seen theses in the shops yet? Everywhere I tried had no idea when they'd be in and some stores hadn't even heard of the phone. I was thinking of picking one up tomorrow if I can get one.
    if you live near a 3 store (not a 3g store) they will have them

I don't know. That involves walking. And I'm a lazy, lazy man...

if you live near a 3 store (not a 3g store) they will have them

Not just 3 stores, some of the Independent Dealers have them in stock;)

humanji wrote: »
    I don't know. That involves walking. And I'm a lazy, lazy man...
    It aint gonna come walking to you so you better get off your ass and start walking ;-)

Well, I could order it over the internet. But then I'd have to wait a until it arrives. So it's a battle between my laziness and my impatience. :D

• Advertisement

@lunabau

Are you sure your picking the right price plan? you really don't want to be going over your units.
    I'm a little concerned you could end up with a big bill if your not carefull...
    Hi, I've been on this price plan for nearly a year and it suits me. Had a Nokia E65 before, so I did use the internet for checking emails on it etc. If I find that I need more units (unlikely), I can always upgrade to the next higher plan.:)
    Still waiting for the LG Renoir; there was a hiccup again between 3 and the courier, but hopefully I'll have it on Monday.

Advertisement