Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lg renoir

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You bought it from India...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Lunabu

You bought it from India...:eek:
    Not quite:D, but someone f***** up, otherwise I would've had it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I picked up one on yesterday and am loving it so far. The only problem I've had is with Three, who's systems were having trouble over the weekend, so my sim won't be activated until tomorrow.

The phone itself is great. The screen isn't as sensitive as the iPhone, which is a bit annoying if you're used to the iPhone, or the Touch, and I'm still trying to get the hang of all the features. I'll have a bit more of a play and report on it when I'm connected to the network.

And there's more delays about getting mine...bit annoyed at this stage as I should've had it on Friday and now they're talking about tomorrow (Tuesday). Have been on to them every day except for the weekend:mad:

You should have walked down to your nearest 3 stockist and picked one up off the shelf, no sympathy for you:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 McDonald

i bought the Renoir from a 3g store and it cost 450 an i was told that it did not come with the 8GB memory card....did any one get a memory card ??
    and windows live messenger is not available for download off planet 3 any 1 else with same problem ??

McDonald wrote: »
    i bought the Renoir from a 3g store and it cost 450 an i was told that it did not come with the 8GB memory card....did any one get a memory card ??

I've got 2 in stock and they both come with 8gb cards included....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 McDonald

I've got 2 in stock and they both come with 8gb cards included....

Thanks for the info I'll have to follow that up....

there also only €399 on the 3 website.....i'd stick in a dig about that as well...

You save money when you get a phone via 3's website as opposed to buying it in a 3 shop, that's why I went down this route. Had another call from them about getting it today...hopefully!
    I got the Tocco in no time, it's just that the exchange seems to take ages:(

• Advertisement

Have just received the phone. :)
    And it doesn't come with the 8GB memory card; according to the manual, it's an "optional accessory".
    Will post some comments about the phone when I'm more familiar with it.

I got mine from the shop and it came with the free 8gb card. Sounds like you were just screwed over. :D

It's a great little phone. Call quality is fantastic. The touch screen isn't the best on the market, but it's still pretty responsive. Scrolling can be a little awkward when you use your fingers (although mine just may be too fat!). It comes with a stylus which works great with it, but the phone has nowhere to put the stylus, so it's kind of silly having to carry that around seperately (and it being so small makes it easy to lose).

The camera is brilliant and has loads of useless editing features that you'll most likley use when showing off the phone to your friends, but at least they'll think you're cool!

My only real gripe is that the OS can be a little slow at times. You could click on an option and the screen will start to change, freeze for a split second and then carry on. It's not liek it's taking a whole section of your life away from you, but it is a little annoying.

I'd say you were lucky, Humanji, that yours came with the card because according to the manual (text and pictures) it's not part of the 3 package for this phone.
    I'm happy enough without it though and I've got a spare 2GB card to fit it.
    Very impressed so far, I like it a lot better than the Tocco as it's less gimmicky and more functional.
    More later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Lunabu wrote: »
    Have just received the phone. :)
    And it doesn't come with the 8GB memory card; according to the manual, it's an "optional accessory".
    Will post some comments about the phone when I'm more familiar with it.
    the card only comes if you buy it through a store

Ah right, well, that answers the question.
    Never mind, you pay more money buying it in a store anyway, but they should tell you on the website or somewhere.
    Very happy with the Renoir so far, like it a lot better than the Samsung Tocco and there don't appear to be any problems with accessing the internet or Planet 3.
    There's only 2 things I would improve (so far): the volume levels aren't very high on the Renoir - I slept in this morning as I didn't hear the alarm for 20 minutes.
    And one thing the Tocco has but not the Renoir: with the Tocco you get a little "flap" cover which you can use instead of the normal back cover for the phone, and this flap covers your screen (like a flip phone). I've left the protective cover on the Renoir but I may get a little case or something to protect the screen.
    Very happy otherwise.:)

Are there any decent games for the Renoir?
    3 only have a handful of games and they aren't great, and if you live in Ireland, I think you can't download from the LG site (same as for Samsung - third class citizens again:mad:).
    Any suggestions?

Lunabu wrote: »
    Are there any decent games for the Renoir?
    3 only have a handful of games and they aren't great, and if you live in Ireland, I think you can't download from the LG site (same as for Samsung - third class citizens again:mad:).
    Any suggestions?

Are there not loads of hands available through planet 3

Walkman wrote: »
    Are there not loads of hands available through planet 3

I think the Renior suffers the same faith as Viewty when it comes to downloading games through planet 3...

LG are making it easy for developers to work on the phone...it should start to rival the iphone app wise some time next year...i hope..:)

http://mobile-voip.tmcnet.com/topics/mobile-communications/articles/45333-gemalto-lg-electronics-intro-lg-renoir.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Craig-S

is it going to come out on meteor?

Some more info re memory card and MSN/Windows Live Messenger:
    I eventually phoned up 3's CS to inquire about the missing memory card. Just received a call back saying that the memory card will be posted out to me:D It doesn't say it in the manual, but on 3's website it states that the phone comes with the memory card.
    It also states that the Messenger should work with the Renoir, but when you try and log in, it tells you that it's not compatible with your phone. 3's CS advised that a new version of the Messenger will come out shortly that will be compatible with the Renoir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

good CS on three's part?:O:O:O:O

Well, you have to be persistent but at the same time I've learned to be patient and not to lose my temper (not an easy task at times).
    Maybe I've been lucky too because I've been dealing with a lot of nice people in Mumbai.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam ye!!!!!!!!!!!! yer making me want this phone now :D.I have k850i and was condsiding the c905 or else the x1..........If I do decide to buy Im gonna buy it off elara.ie so I can use my vodafone sim in it.

Still happy with the Renoir :)
    Using "speed" dialing is a bit awkward on the Renoir, but texting is becoming a lot easier. I've settled for the "regular" pad and T9 and am texting quicker than on my old mobile. I find the suggested words useful, but others may find them a hindrance. Depends on the individual, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

How is everyone getting on with their renoir phones now? Thinking of getting my girlfriend one tomr in waterford 3 store. Hope the stocks are plentiful, Anyone know if the price is still €399 with 8gb micro sd.

Anyone managed to get this phone unlocked after buying from 3?

jamesjoyce wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on with their renoir phones now? Thinking of getting my girlfriend one tomr in waterford 3 store. Hope the stocks are plentiful, Anyone know if the price is still ?399 with 8gb micro sd.

Yes phone is still ?399 with 8gb micro sd.

I'm loving mine at the moment. It took a little getting used to as my old phones were all Nokia, but it does everything I want. And the camera is fantastic. Haven't looked into getting it unlocked though.

jamesjoyce wrote: »

If your going to buy the renior from 3, keep it on 3 if you want to be able to use all the apps without a problem, you'll also get €120 in credit back over the course of the year. I would not recommend going down the unlocking route!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

i cant get mine to connect to planet 3 :( anybody know why?

• Advertisement

Ubaroo wrote: »
    i cant get mine to connect to planet 3 :( anybody know why?

try removing the battery and sim for a minute..
    (hope Sam didn't see that:rolleyes:)

what error are you getting, can you get into the web via the launcher?

Advertisement