Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaun White Snowboarding

• 03-11-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else getting this? Its about time a decent snow game was done for this generation.
    Heres a vid of the multiplayer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41959.html
    Apparently you can get 16 people on the one mountain which sounds like ALOT of fun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Graphics look pretty nice. Gameplay looks more towards the realistic side of things, i much prefer SSX type, arcadey snow boarding games, much more fun imo. Will try this anyway if there's a demo or if it's for rent.

It's based on the Assassins Creed engine! weird :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It actually leans more toward the ssx style of snow games than a realisitc simulator.

VinLieger wrote: »
    It actually leans more toward the ssx style of snow games than a realisitc simulator.

Cool, if that's the case then i'm looking forward to it! Hope there's a demo at some stage.

Did anybody get this?

I'm tempted cos i love snowboarding games, but the reviews are mixed to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Picked it up from play.com when it was €25. Just waiting on it to arrive. I loved Amped 3 so hope I enjoy this just as much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've played a bit on it. I think it's a touch better than Amped3 was with a few less of the Kitty challenge things or whatever they were and a bit less of the general daftness. The multiplayer seems to only let you join sessions with people on your friends list though rather than random other punters on Live. Could just be that I was being thick and selecting the wrong options so far though but I've only played it the once so far.

robinph wrote: »
    I've played a bit on it. I think it's a touch better than Amped3 was with a few less of the Kitty challenge things or whatever they were and a bit less of the general daftness. The multiplayer seems to only let you join sessions with people on your friends list though rather than random other punters on Live. Could just be that I was being thick and selecting the wrong options so far though but I've only played it the once so far.

Cheers, what does the boarder handle like and how are the controls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jesus, I must be tired.

i read the title as Snow White Snowboarding and had images of 7 dwarfs 'hanging-ten' or whatever it is snowboarders do. :/

I bought this last friday, I took it back yesterday and exchanged it for Banjo & Kazooie. I wanted to like it but it was just too erratic. The controls are all wrong and it's too hit and miss whether you land cleanly or not. Sometimes i'd be upside down almost but still land on my feet, other times i'd be perfectly level when landing but still fall flat on my arse. It's well annoying getting stuck on things too. Amped 3 is actually better and i thought that was pooh!

Here's hoping "Stoked" makes a better job of it, whenever that's out.....

Advertisement