Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning Slovak

• 03-11-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

As it is possible I will be going there in the future (yes, you guessed it, a woman!) I would like to find out a way to learn to speak basic slovak. Don't need to be able to write, but would like to be able to hold a conversation. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kohima

Hi, i was trying to find slovak lessons as well. (Girlfriend, too) I eventually got them from the sandford language institute, www.sandfordlanguages.ie. the only issue is that with slovak there can be only one or two people so it costs about up to 50 per hour for private tutoring. you can also find tutors on gumtree. Let me know if you'd be interested in finding a way to gather enough for a small class together as this would cut costs. I've had about 16 classes myself so far and it's been excellent to get me thinking and engaging with the language.

Regards,
    Patrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

ahoj! ako sa mas?

best way really is to get your woman to teach you if possible, worked for me!

(all you really need to know is daj mi pivo (I want beer.. or give me beer, one of the two))

cau :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Shzm wrote: »
    ahoj! ako sa mas?

best way really is to get your woman to teach you if possible, worked for me!

(all you really need to know is daj mi pivo (I want beer.. or give me beer, one of the two))

cau :)

Mam sa dobre, dakujem! :)

I'm learning slowly but surely, she teaches me little bits and pieces. Going to buy a slovak dictionary in town today and see if that might help me a little.. Crazy the things we do when we're in love lol :)

Advertisement