Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylan Moran UK tour, why no Irish dates ?

• 03-11-2008 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why Moran has a huge UK tour scheduled and no Irish dates aside from the Belfast one ?

His film "A Film With Me In It" hasn't been released in the UK and he's not playing any gigs here where it is on release ? Major fuck up there I think. A very big missed opportunity no ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Probably as he has gone the way of norton, wogan and o'briain who all embraced being "english"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

GAAman wrote: »
    Probably as he has gone the way of norton, wogan and o'briain who all embraced being "english"

Eh how do you figure that? The guy lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Perhaps because we're not in the UK? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Cause Ireland isn't apart of the UK : /

EDIT:

Damn your cheekyness got ahead of me!

Eh lads, plenty of bands, acts, shows, comedians , whatever, will do a show in Ireland when doing a UK show.

• Advertisement

Eh how do you figure that? The guy lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I meant in terms of when money is involved, wogan speakin of england as if he was born there, norton speakin of "us british public" and o briain slaggin the Irish sense of humour (and no not in a good take the piss way) more so then where he lays his hat

Are you talkinga bout Dara O'Brien ? When has he "embraced being "english" "

Are you talkinga bout Dara O'Brien ? When has he "embraced being "english" "

Yes i am talkin bout him I had a quick look for the link where he ripped on the Irish sense of humour (and not in jest either) but im not arsed diggin through the links maybe someone else here has it

Yes i am talkin bout him I had a quick look for the link where he ripped on the Irish sense of humour (and not in jest either) but im not arsed diggin through the links maybe someone else here has it

Oh I know what he's said about Ireland and I know that he's made his money on Brittish television, it doesn't bother me. He came from the back arse of Wexford, well he says he did. He's a moron anyway, an unfunny one at that and he even fails at recounting stories of aul Ireland ah to be sure to be sure on Brittish telly. See his Q.I appearance where he talks about working in a pub pulling his first Guinness. Dry shite.

Anyway, anyone here in teh know then ? Who would Moran be booked under ? Has he a publicist or agent I can contact ? His version of aul Ireland is at least funny regardless of wether or not he's from here. The man can tell a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

and o briain slaggin the Irish sense of humour (and no not in a good take the piss way)

Maybe its because he never got the joke?

• Advertisement

Has anyone any contact info for Moran's management/publicist/agency ?
    The guy doesn't seem to have an official site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I saw him in Manchester. Fairly lack lustre, he seemed to forget most of his material for the first half and just rambled on rather unamusingly. He got back on form for the second half but overall fairly disappointing.

I also found it odd that he has no Irish dates though.

Moran's style is to get sidetracked, ramble on about somethng else and make a vain attempt at completing the original story/joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Moran's style is to get sidetracked, ramble on about somethng else and make a vain attempt at completing the original story/joke.

Which begs the question, why do you want to bother seeing him?

His agent is mick perrin.

Why do you think I'd want to bother seeing him ? What sort of silly question is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Why do you think I'd want to bother seeing him ? What sort of silly question is that ?

Charming. There is no need to be rude, if you didn't bother reading i answered your question for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

How is that being rude? Also. How the JESUS does someone rack up 2,000+ posts in 6 months????????????

Posts Per Day: 12.24

Lotsa posting I guess :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Keep it on topic folks, and play nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

flying to birmingham valentines day to see dylan with the gf. she's a huge fan, so im surprising her with this one.

• Advertisement

Dylan Moran has added more dates to his England, Scotland and Wales tour and still nothing for the Irish. Has anyone any clue what's going on like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

he doesnt like ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Dublin dates have been added............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dublin dates have been added............

For September ? facepalm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Wanted to make it to Glasgow for his gig next month but my girlfriend's on tour so it's a no-go.

I'm there in September. Friday night - see you there guys. :)

Glasgow gig's been sold out since before Xmas I think. Shame the Pavillion's website was never updated as I left it too late to get a ticket. Really can't understand why tickets for comedy gigs are sold so far in advance.
    Ah well, good luck to anyone getting tickets tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fated2pretend

Managed to get table tickets for the Sat. night :D ... which seems to have sold out already! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

3 tickets....front row.....for friday the 11th!! deeeee-fcuking-lighted!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Managed to get table tickets for the Sat. night :D ... which seems to have sold out already! :eek:

Right back at you!! Was on the net at 9.00 this morning to get my hands on a pair of tix! :D

Advertisement