Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED Tritton AX360 True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Options
  • 03-11-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I can get one of these in Ireland or perhaps shipped from abroad? Thanks:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Did you ever manage to track down where to get these???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Did you ever manage to track down where to get these???

Not yet! Any ideas?

There's a few available from the States on Ebay. Read somewhere that some of the cables need to be changed in order to be compatiable with European TVs and stuff. Not sure if that's true or not.
    I've contacted Tritton and CoolStuff.co.uk about shipping to Ireland since we don't have a national reseller here. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back.

Good news!!!
    CoolStuff.co.uk got back to me and said they can deliver to Ireland, it's just that they're computer system only recognises UK postcodes.
    I placed the order as normal online, they called me back within a few minutes to let me know the extra charge for delivery to Ireland. Worked out less than €120, including delivery! Great exchange rate with sterling at the moment... now I just have to wait a week or so.............. :eek:

http://www.cooleststuff.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

medusa 5.1 ftw tbh

• Advertisement

Good news!!!
    CoolStuff.co.uk got back to me and said they can deliver to Ireland, it's just that they're computer system only recognises UK postcodes.
    I placed the order as normal online, they called me back within a few minutes to let me know the extra charge for delivery to Ireland. Worked out less than €120, including delivery! Great exchange rate with sterling at the moment... now I just have to wait a week or so.............. :eek:

http://www.cooleststuff.co.uk

Class stuff well done and thanks a million. The headphones unit goes directly into your sex box via optical cable which is a universal cable that transmits sound via laser. I will order one now myself. I can only imagine how cool dead space will sound and so many other great games. Thanks again.

kaimera wrote: »
    medusa 5.1 ftw tbh

But does the Medusa work with xbox live? Can't seem to find an answer for it online anywhere. It works with skype through your pc, alright.

medusa 5.1 ftw tbh

Are these headphones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I thought Turtle Beach are suppose to be one of the best.

I use Razer Barcuda on my pc. Only annoying thing is unpluging them and replugging pc monitor.

dav nagle wrote: »
    Are these headphones?

Yeah, they're headphones but it's not clear whether they are compatiable with xbox live or not. Seems it's Version 2 that's required to work with a console and you need some sort of adapter for the xbox360 controller to use the mic through xbox live. Reviews seem good but I'm still glad I ordered the AX360, at least i know what I'm getting was designed for the 360!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ah ok, didnt realise it was for xbl.

Actually, get the home edition with the amp, I havent hooked mine up to the 360 yet so dont know if the mic will work,

I thought Turtle Beach are suppose to be one of the best.

I use Razer Barcuda on my pc. Only annoying thing is unpluging them and replugging pc monitor.

Yeah, Turtle Beach are supposed to be very good. They're stereo sound, not 5.1 surround sound though. They have a new wireless surround sound version, called X4, coming out here soon. I'm guessing that it'll have a fairly hefty price tag too. For sale in the States at the moment for around $200. Saw one on Ebay but would have cost well over €200 with delivery.

The reviews for the Tritton AX360 are very good, so I'd be surprised if the X4 can improve enough over it to justify the nearly an extra €100! Time will tell, I suppose.

As soon as my AX360 arrives next week, I'll let you know what I think of it.

ah ok, didnt realise it was for xbl.

Actually, get the home edition with the amp, I havent hooked mine up to the 360 yet so dont know if the mic will work,

If you do manage to get it hooked up to XBL, let me know. Would be very interested in it. Have a couple of mates looking to purchase and at half the price of the AX360, would certainly take the sting out of it!

The AX360 arrived yesterday... all I can say is awesome piece of kit!!! Can't believe the quality of the surround sound... works better than I had hoped for. Easy to install, was open and running within seconds. What takes longer is tweaking the settings to your personal taste. The default setting is perfectly fine though.
    The Tritton xbox live mic crackled occassionally (I was told by other gamers) so I replaced it with an original xbox mic that I had sat on a few years ago and broke the headband. Works brilliantly now. I haven't read anywhere else that this is an issue, so I guessing that I just got a duff mic and I couldn't be bothered contacting Tritton customer service about it... although I might bang them off an email today, just to see what they say...
    The only major benefit that the Turtle Beach X4 (apart from being wireless...) is that the X4 filters a little of your own voice back through the headset so that you don't raise your voice and blast everyone else out of it. After a while you get used to it though and it becomes a non-issue.
    All-in-all, excellent value for money.... and a must for every serious gamer out there! I just don't want to play without them now!!! Ever!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just ordered a set of Turtle Beach X4s.. mainly because they are wireless and simulated 5.1 is meant to be very good..

Was also considering the Trittons and the Astros A40s.

Im getting mine from limexb360.co.uk and they stock trittons too, tho they seem to be a good bit more expensive than going directly to tritton

mise wrote: »
    Just ordered a set of Turtle Beach X4s.. mainly because they are wireless and simulated 5.1 is meant to be very good..

Was also considering the Trittons and the Astros A40s.

Im getting mine from limexb360.co.uk and they stock trittons too, tho they seem to be a good bit more expensive than going directly to tritton

I bought an X4 from the States, just before Christmas. Couldn't get one from Limexb360 as they were all pre-sold and couldn't guarantee delivery before Christmas :( They're excellent headphones, you'll love them. Here's my comparison between the Tritton's and the x4 in a nutshell:

X4:
    PROS

• Wireless
    • Excellent Live Chat capabilities
    • Extremely comfortable to wear over extended gaming sessions
    • Wireless
    • Litterally plug it in and play, no adjustments necessary
    CONS
    • Surround sound not quite as sharp as Trittons
    • All x4 headphones in the same room will receive the same audio from only a single transmitter, not suitable for lan type parties
    • Lack of settings, would have liked more tweeking options

AX360:
    PROS
    • Truly impressive surround sound
    • Plenty of settings to adjust to personal tastes
    • Mind-numbing rumble feature!
    CONS
    • If you're not into personal settings, probably too much choice although the default settings are perfectly fine.
    • Your own voice sounds distant or muffled through the headphones until you get used to them.
    • Game noise can sometimes drown out xbox live chat when game noise increases. Although you can adjust the settings to compensate for this. Just Google it.
    • Wired but is that really a problem.

So, for what it's worth, there's my opinion of them. I've set up my games room with two xboxes, LCDs and headphones connected to both. I use the X4 when online and the Trittons when playing single player/off-line games.

To be honest, whichever option you went for, you're on to a winner. You'll never play without headphones again.... and will wonder why you waited so long to get a set! Not to mention that you'll be stunned by all the noises that you never picked up before. Birds twittering, wind blowing through the grass, distant voices of NPC characters and even the sound of your own weapon will stun you!!! Fire a .50 cal sniper rifle and your ears will feel like they've started to bleed :eek: whichever option you go for, prepare yourself for a very new gaming experience... enjoy :D

PS. Look me up on Xbox Live, same username as here...

I only just realized this but while you use the x4's with XBL chat, they only work in stereo... not dolby 5.1!!! Hence why I always thought the Trittons quality was better...

I have the Turtle Beach Ear Force AK-R8 headphones ordered for my pc. Had a pair of baracuda from razor but the mic was crap. Very poor mic and they looked shoddy after a week. Not bad sound though.

Finally i can have decent sound while using vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Set up the X4s last night.. as Moose said, amazing sounds.. playing COD4 couldnt believe all the sounds I had never heard, and I was playing it on a 5.1 setup before..

I got my AK-R8 and they're da poop. Crackling noise, distortion and ****ty software (was always iffy about needing a usb soundcard). Sending them back asap for refund.

Need to find a decent PC headset.

• Advertisement

I got my AK-R8 and they're da poop. Crackling noise, distortion and ****ty software (was always iffy about needing a usb soundcard). Sending them back asap for refund.

Need to find a decent PC headset.

Wow, I'm very surprised to hear that. They're Turtle Beach, aren't they?

Have a look at the new Trittons then, think they're called AK-Pro or something like that. Got good reviews. They're more expensive than the AK360's but suitable for both PC and console use.

Advertisement