Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If WWE was like UFC...

• 03-11-2008 4:26am

If WWE was like UFC (Real, actual fighting) who do YOU think would be the world champ? (using only the current roster)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

HHH, he'd be given so many title shots he'd have to win one eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ridiculous question. Probably Show. Has the right size and has trained in boxing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ridiculous question.

Then why answer it?

I think Taker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Taker seems to have the passion for it so I'd go with him. I reckon Shelton Benjamin would be a good ground fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

forbesii wrote: »
    Taker seems to have the passion for it so I'd go with him. I reckon Shelton Benjamin would be a good ground fighter.

'taker would be pretty good, but surely the likes of Kurt Angle (not in the roster anymore - granted), who was a real wrestler would be the one to beat?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They would all fail the drug test after regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

koslov (former us sambo champ and kicking grappling champ). Santino (20 years of judo, ex mma), shelton for his ncaa past

big show would probably beat anyone in a bar fight but in the ring he would be sucking wind within 2 minutes

rossie1977 wrote: »
    koslov (former us sambo champ and kicking grappling champ). Santino (20 years of judo, ex mma), shelton for his ncaa past

Shelton is the person who many people think would have been the most successful if he went into MMA.
    big show would probably beat anyone in a bar fight but in the ring he would be sucking wind within 2 minutes

There are weight classes too remember in UFC and Paul would have a hard time weight cutting as well.

rovert wrote: »

There are weight classes too remember in UFC and Paul would have a hard time weight cutting as well.

there are now but thats not always been the case 6'8 700lb+ Emanuel "Tiny" Yarbrough competed at ufc 3 (in fairness he did cut to about 650lb for that fight :)) there were no upper weight classes in pride and k1

there are now but thats not always been the case 6'8 700lb+ Emanuel "Tiny" Yarbrough competed at ufc 3 (in fairness he did cut to about 650lb for that fight :)) there were no upper weight classes in pride and k1

I do know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'd probably go with Koslov out of the current WWE bunch. Taker knows a few moves but thats about it.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Taker knows a few moves but thats about it.

so does batista, i doubt either would be worth a s**t though

I'd probably go with Koslov out of the current WWE bunch.

LOL

A single disipline fighter in MMA in 2008.

LOL

A single disipline fighter in MMA in 2008.

the question asks if wwe became legit like mma who would be champ with only the WWE current roster fighting each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How can you ask this question with the weight differences etc...Makes no sense asking it..Pound for pound..Benjamin/Koslov....
    Overall..Big Show obviously...The person asking the question obviously doesnt have a clue about MMA

callaway92 wrote: »
    How can you ask this question with the weight differences etc...Makes no sense asking it..Pound for pound..Benjamin/Koslov....
    Overall..Big Show obviously...The person asking the question obviously doesnt have a clue about MMA

there isn't many over 300lb in wwe as of today (khali, show, umaga, kane (barely), henry and festus) and there isn't many on the wwe roster under 200lb

k1 and pride had some huge guys well over 300lb (silva, akebono, hong-man choi)

you could have a heavyweight class of everyone 220lb and upwards and a cruiserweight class of everyone below that (remember fedor fought choi who was 15 inches and 140lb heavier than him)

hard to believe silva and fedor were the same weightclass

5kqltl

there isn't many over 300lb in wwe as of today (khali, show, umaga, kane (barely), henry and festus) and there isn't many on the wwe roster under 200lb

you could have a heavyweight class of everyone 220lb and upwards and a cruiserweight class of everyone below that (remember fedor fought choi who was 15 inches and 140lb heavier than him)

:eek:
    Matt Hardy vs Big Show..200 lbs difference

:eek:
    Matt Hardy vs Big Show..200 lbs difference

200lb difference is nothing, this is a weight difference :D

When the topic title was:
    If WWE was like UFC...

When the topic title was:

This is what I thought too...The "...."
    Like, wtf kinda thread is this...

I just cant justify how ridiculous a thread this is

• Advertisement

c'mon guys the OP probably doesn't know any other mma other than ufc, his question was if WWE was real fighting who would win, stop focusing on the 265lb weight limit of the ufc and answer the dudes question :P

c'mon guys the OP probably doesn't know any other mma other than ufc, his question was if WWE was real fighting who would win, stop focusing on the 265lb weight limit of the ufc and answer the dudes question :P

Sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oleg Prudius probably. I saw one of his sambo matches. He's a good grappler, although I don't think he's the great striker WWE make him out to be.

I don't think the Big Show would fare well at all. He is too tall, and it would be hard for him to stop a low single leg or ankle pick. I train judo with a guy who's 6'8" (I'm 5'4") - and I always take him down with ankle picks and low single legs. Big show would be like a fish out of water on the ground, with no mobility.

Shelton, Haas and anyone else with a good wrestling background would stand a good chance with training.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Oleg Prudius probably. I saw one of his sambo matches. He's a good grappler, although I don't think he's the great striker WWE make him out to be.

Again he is a single discilpine fighter.
    I don't think the Big Show would fare well at all. He is too tall, and it would be hard for him to stop a low single leg or ankle pick. I train judo with a guy who's 6'8" (I'm 5'4") - and I always take him down with ankle picks and low single legs. Big show would be like a fish out of water on the ground, with no mobility.

No State Athletic Commission would pass him.
    Shelton, Haas and anyone else with a good wrestling background would stand a good chance with training.

Shelton is the only wrestler in WWE who has a rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

hard to believe silva and fedor were the same weightclass

5kqltl

Welcome, to what was Pride.

Just to clarify;

I do not care about weight classes. The question was asked out of fun-ness (not a real word, i know). It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

How can you even ask the question...I cant even put into words how different they are and how stupid this question is...
    wheres comic Book Guy..WORST.THREAD.EVER

Just to clarify;

I do not care about weight classes. The question was asked out of fun-ness (not a real word, i know). It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

The thread is called "If WWE was like UFC... " in fairness. Not "which Wrestler is the hardest" or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How can you even ask the question...I cant even put into words how different they are and how stupid this question is...

Yo.

IMO, Kane. :p

• Advertisement

Well then... why post in it?

I wanted to give my input into how stupid it is..Its a discussion forum

I wanted to give my input into how stupid it is..Its a discussion forum

It's not stupid dude, UFC didn't always have weight classes. Check out their earlier matches, there were some that would look like Funaki v Big Slow in the sense of weight differences.

I can't speak for Pride, K1 as i haven't watch much, but i'm sure there were other MMA promotions that didn't have strict weight classes.

It's not stupid dude, UFC didn't always have weight classes.

Wrestling was at one time real, your point?

Anyway the answer KKV is probably looking for is Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Oh rovert... :o:rolleyes:

My point is that saying that it's stupid to compare the two just on the basis of the weight classes is kinda a contradiction because it's obviously happened before.

Just like Wrestling was once an art of shoot fighting as you pointed out.

Clearly never the twain shall meet, but if it was the case, then i still reckon Koslov would take it.

• Advertisement

My point is that saying that it's stupid to compare the two just on the basis of the weight classes is kinda a contradiction because it's obviously happened before.

WHA

Shelton is the only wrestler in WWE who has a rep.

Charlie Haas is a two time all-american wrestler, and a quite competent wrestler at that.

Charlie Haas is a two time all-american wrestler, and a quite competent wrestler at that.

You know what rep is short for right in a fight context?

And if this goes off topic into another Kane argument, i wonder if i'll get the blame again? :rolleyes:

VR; Seen as you seem to understand what i mean in this thread: Do you reckon Elijah Burke would get anywhere? I believe he has a boxing background of some sort (although i could be completely wrong).

Do you reckon Elijah Burke would get anywhere? I believe he has a boxing background of some sort (although i could be completely wrong).

mark mero was golden gloves champ and he got beaten by jbl in brawl for all and then jbl got destroyed in seconds by bart gunn

finlay and regal would kick ass if wrestling was real

• Advertisement

finlay and regal would kick ass if wrestling was real

Regal doesnt have much of rep of being a real fighter. While Finlay has no feeling in part of one of legs. Dave Taylor was easily the toughest of the Brits.
    And if this goes off topic into another Kane argument, i wonder if i'll get the blame again? :rolleyes:

So are you saying Kane could rule in MMA? I know you have to defend him but come on.
    VR; Seen as you seem to understand what i mean in this thread: Do you reckon Elijah Burke would get anywhere? I believe he has a boxing background of some sort (although i could be completely wrong).

Boxing in MMA LOL

WHA

rovert, be serious or you'll be reported for trolling. There's no chance in hell anyone could possibly respond to that constructively.

Seen as you seem to understand what i mean in this thread: Do you reckon Elijah Burke would get anywhere? I believe he has a boxing background of some sort (although i could be completely wrong).

No, as you need more than one fighting skill really in my honest opinion, and boxing isn't used very often in MMA, dirty boxing, yes, but not boxing.

You know what rep is short for right in a fight context?

I'll assume you are referring to reputation. Reputation in what? Real fighting? Says who? I outlined that both Benjamin and Haas are accomplished wrestlers and would immediately have a good base for a real fight.

I'll assume you are referring to reputation. Reputation in what? Real fighting? Says who?.

The consenus in the locker room and Brock Lesnar.
    I outlined that both Benjamin and Haas are accomplished wrestlers and would immediately have a good base for a real fight.

If you about MMA and Amateur Wrestlers fortunes it is very mixed. They are very different things.

rovert, be serious or you'll be reported for trolling. There's no chance in hell anyone could possibly respond to that constructively.

Ive no idea what you were saying, that reply aint trolling. That part of your post is jibberish.

Ive no idea what you were saying, that reply aint trolling. That part of your post is jibberish.

How was that jibberish? Others could understand what i meant???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As is this:
    If you about MMA and Amateur Wrestlers fortunes it is very mixed. They are very different things.

Practice what you preach tiger.:rolleyes:

flahavaj wrote: »
    As is this:

Practice what you preach tiger.:rolleyes:

Here:
    If you are taliing about MMA and Amateur Wrestlers fortunes are very mixed. They are very different things.
    How was that jibberish? Others could understand what i meant???

Did they? I dont know one way or the other in what you meant. It confused me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The art of punctuation is dead.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement