Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil in Wexford

Options
  • 03-11-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Seeing that oil prices are coming down and Winter is upon us thought it might be a good idea to post prices of oil to see if we can get a bargain.
    Need to fill the tank soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sleazycreep

forget oil buy a heat pump

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

bought today...€650/1000l:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

the GALL wrote: »
    bought today...€650/1000l:eek:

Which believe it or not is an improvement. Two weeks ago the best I could do was €705! I rang around several different places and they varied up to €720/1000l.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Check out boilerjuice.ie for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Just got 500Litres for about E394. Not sure if that is good value or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey dinkie
    what company did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

63c per L in Enniscorthy ie €630 for 1000 litres.
    Always ring around, prices are dropping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Dinkie wrote: »
    Just got 500Litres for about E394. Not sure if that is good value or not though.

Looks like very bad value - boilerjuice.ie quote €325.01 for 500 litres in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I just checked the oil bill, it was actually 350 euro for 500 litres... but still obviously not the best value.

I went with three rivers oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

So has anyone actually ordered from boilerjuice?
    What other distributers are there in Wexford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Moeman96

I'm also interested in boilerjuice.ie if anyone has had any dealings, positive or negative please supply feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 4aces

I also am interested in hearing from anyone that has bought oil from BoilerJuice.
    Was delivery prompt?
    Were you happy with service?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Havent bought from boilerjuice but got nearly 1000l for .44 a litre from New Line Oil. Also got a few quotes last friday for 500l for €255 but its still dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

was quoated 480 for 1000 lts from campus on jan 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Just ordered 1000 litres for 405 euros from them.
    They say I'll get an order confirmation after 7am tomorrow which will also confirm the supplier. I'll let you know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

4aces wrote: »
    I also am interested in hearing from anyone that has bought oil from BoilerJuice.
    Was delivery prompt?
    Were you happy with service?

Ordered from Boilerjuice Sunday week ago. 500 litres of Kerosene for €234. in Enniscorthy. Confimration email received immediately. Next morning bout 10ish further email saying 3 rivers oil was the provider and gave me the contact details etc...

Received phonecall at 4pm from driver saying he was at the house. Told him to deliver away and he put the meter readout in the letter box. Oil ordered and delivered within 24 hours and at an excellent price... can't go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibur

Hey can anyone help me. have been trying to get price quotes for home heating oil, i see here alot of you guys have gone with boilerjuice. my problem is a have no idea what the postcode is for my area <Gorey, Co. Wexford> or even if they deliver down this far. can anyone help me please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

A few price indicators here -

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Wexford.aspx

I've been using Jones Oil myself... top notch service... have never let me down... unlike Mr. No Oil who arsed me around something terrible last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers for the link JPB,just looking at the older posts shows how the price of fuel has rocketed in a couple of years,it's around double the price it was 2 years ago to fill a tank:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I just noticed that. Prices are crazy, and not in a good way like the old Crazy Prices.

€405 for 1000 litres; you can't even get half that now for the same price:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibur

Thanks JPB never thought of that one. TheChevron I got quoted E405 for 500 liters from new line oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

585 litres for 500 euro from S&A oil Taghmon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Wexford seems to fare quite well in the NCA survey of home heating oil prices, although this survey was taken mid September and oil prices have dropped since then, with no noticeable drop in heating oil prices.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/News_+_Research/Press%20Releases/Home_heating_oil_survey_2011.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wexford seems to fare quite well in the NCA survey of home heating oil prices

Until they see this report ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

bmaxi wrote: »
    Wexford seems to fare quite well in the NCA survey of home heating oil prices,

Of course it should fare quite well . - Wexford has an Oil Terminal , and a Bio-Fuels plant , so there should be a saving on transport costs .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Tibur wrote: »
    Thanks JPB never thought of that one. TheChevron I got quoted E405 for 500 liters from new line oil.
    I just got quoted €420 for the same , from New Line.

Advertisement