Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignored and depressed

Options
  • 03-11-2008 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working in the same place for 3 years and they've let a lot of people go recently. I'm lucky, I'm still there, but a few months ago the job I was working on finished and I hadn't whole lot to do for about 2 months.I was assigned to a new section, which was great, things were just getting busy again.Went on away for a holiday(in oct-long story), came back and they had assigned someone else to do the same job with me. I've no problem at all with the someone else, but I feel as if I'm being shoved to one side.He's not an attention seeker or anything,but the management just behave as if he's the one carrying out this entire section of work.I just feel as though I'm being completely ignored and I'm totally irrelevant.I'm afraid to say anything because if I give them the impression I've not a lot of work to do they'll probably let me go, and there are no jobs available in this sector right now.As it is I really,really,really want out of here; I've done several interviews but nothing.I do have a good degree and very good experience, but there's very little out there.
    Is there anyone else out there that feels they are constantly overlooked and ignored?And should I keep trying to get out or just be happy I have a job? I'm so miserable I want to cry every Sunday night and I hate coming in here every morning. I've done nothing wrong, quite the opposite in fact.I'm a good worker,always punctual,give my best to everything and it's been acknowledged several times, but I just feel that becasue I'm quiet and get on with it, I'm constantly overlooked.It's a bit horrible for the self-confidence too because it makes me wonder if I'm any good at my job at all, or is everyone else just better than me.
    Sorry about the rant but I'd really appreciate some opinions.I'm very down right now.

JaLAdaXnsXnY 0 votes

vWpQkcGTXfbSqAQnjV
    0% 0 votes
    OWhrCTVITTvXtPUt
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

i know that feeling of wanting to cry every sunday cos you know you have to go into a crap job the next day...its really horrible, so that on that basis alone i would say keep trying to find something better.
    However i wouldnt quit until you've found something..things arent so great in the economy right now and its coming towards xmas. Also you say you've been acknowledged for your good work several times, so they must realise you're doing a decent job.

sorry my advice isnt that great, i dont really know how to make your problem in work with being overlooked any better...maybe someone else can offer more on that regards:o

Advertisement