Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time and a half on Sundays

Options
  • 03-11-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Good morning everyone. I have a slight issue with regards to my pay. I have talked to my employer and they say that according to my contract I am not entitled to time and a half on Sundays. I work part time, 20 hours per week and I was told during training that we are suppose to get it.
    I have been talking to other members of staff who work on weekends and every last one of them is getting time and a half on Sundays. How would I move forward with this issue? The HR department is holding steadfast. Should I talk to my union rep?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Does your contract say you are due time and a half on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Does your contract say you are due time and a half on Sundays?

Nope, but every other person doing the same job is getting it. Its coolio now though. I had a sit down with the HR head and its all straightened out now. I am entitled to it its just the other people in HR were talking bull spit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Good to hear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I changed jobs a couple of months ago and I also work part time and receive only normal time for Sundays. I'm told that because I'm part time and I'm meant to work every Sunday it's just like a normal day so I'm not entitled to it. Other full timers get time and a half for working Sundays because it's not a "normal" day. In my old job I worked every Sunday and got time and a third so this seems quite strange. Also, I haven't been given my contract so I can't really do anything until I'm given it. All seems a bit strange.

Advertisement