Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating Meatballs in Tomato Sauce

• 03-11-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I made meatballs yesterday and put them in the fridge after they cooled down (they are in the sauce). The meatballs are small - about about 1.5-2cm thick.

I dont have a microwave so what would be the best way to reheat them and the sauce? A pot? A frying pan? Am afraid the tomato sauce will either go crappy or dry up or something if I use the sauce to heat the meatballs since Im thinking it will take about 10mins at least to reheat them properly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

A pot, bring them to the boil and let simmer. Make sure that the centre of the balls are piping hot before you serve though, don't go by the heat of the sauce.

Then send some to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

It probably won't, but just add a little water if the sauce starts to dry up too much. This won't lose you any flavour, you're only putting back what's been lost through evaporation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Agree with the other posters. These kinds of thing always seem to dry up a little when stored overnight, so personally I'd always add a little water to the sauce to loosen it up first anyway before starting to heat them up, and keep the heat relatively low, you don't want to burn the sauce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find meat in any kind of sauce or gravy reheats really well in the oven, at 180C for around 20-30 minutes. You'd need to cover it with foil and as others have said maybe add some water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement