Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Coal/Briquettes/Blocks Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Evelynmc

My dad got a text from BuyLo today it said 20kg Coal x 3 24 Euro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emireland

Live in Tramore:

All below are for bags of 40 KG Coal.

Esso Fuel station sells 40KG bag polish coal for 12.50 euros, doesnt burn badly, pretty much burns right down to nothing, the heat thrown out is nothing like the Columbia coal, but lumps can be quite large.

McCarrthy's is slightly more costly:
    Wouldnt bother using the cheapest Premium Polish coal - its only 11.50, takes awhile for it to burn, looks like its a mixture of cheap and compressed coal made from a mixer in blocks.
    The other Polish doubles 40 KG 15.50 E -takes awhile to burn is OK, pieces of coal are small.

Langan fuels have an outlet by the Fireplace store on Route 675 on the L side of the road on the way into Tramore.
    Black bag Columbian coal burns really well, not so much ash left. Chunks of coal are large lumps. HOT! 16.50
    Red bag Premium polish - burns well, leaves some residual ash/ unburnt coal. Heat good 13.50 Euro
    Yellow bag - polish coal is ****e and lots of shale. 11.50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stevi

Dont think langan fuels own this place not sure who does but 2 guys out there very helpful and friendly. would def recommend their coal and their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Countryman1

Stevi wrote: »
    Dont think langan fuels own this place not sure who does but 2 guys out there very helpful and friendly. would def recommend their coal and their prices.
    No langan fuels don't own this place it belongs to Waterford Fuels and agree would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bit late advertising lads , ...........the season's over - clocks go forward - fuel vouchers are gone till October .

Look forward to a bright sunny summer in the Sunny-South-East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Thought i would resurrect this as we are getting towards that time of year, bummer i know. Anyone know if anywhere is doing the 3 bales of briquettes for €10 around?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Buylow were doing the 3 bales for E10 on Tuesday of this week when I was down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Buylo 3 for 10 are not BNM. Anyone ever use these ones before? The BNM are 3 for 12 there at the moment. Big increase from last year some of which is due to carbon tax increase last May (another rise due in 2014). Morris's are 3 for 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

I have used the non BNM ones from Buylo and they are not bad, they do burn for longer but they are messey and not cut properly or evenly.

Advertisement