Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

KC - I'm up to my eyeballs offsite this week, but best of luck in Berlin, remember when you've hit the halfway point you've done 21k and only have 13 miles left to go ;). Give it your all and don't leave anything behind. Stick to the plan, but I predict a nice 2nd half of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Best of luck krusty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Good luck KC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Good luck krusty, do us proud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Very best of luck KC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

all the best in berlin , hopefully all the hard work will pay off ;) , look forward to the report .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Good luck Berlin with Krusty
    Good luck Krusty in Berlin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks all! Very inspirational! Nothing left now, but to run the race!

Tonight: 7 Mile dress rehearsal, with 2 miles at PMP. Went like clockwork. I was a little over-energetic, because of too much coffee/adrenaline/stress and I was hungry for the dinner I had just cooked for the kids, so I ran a little too quickly (no, I'm not planning 6:40/mile pace!).
    Summary: 7 miles @7:22/mile in 51 mins, HR=138.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

KC enjoy the race, the break and the BEER

Abhainn wrote: »
    KC enjoy the race, the break and the BEERS
    Fixed it for you. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck Krusty. I look forward to the hangover race report :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Best of luck KC, you're looking lean and fit, so nows the time to use your racing snake physique well, plenty of time for working on getting a beer belly after. Hope you blast your pb:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

The very best of luck KC - if anyone on here deserves to do well it's you after all the effort you've put in this year.

As DOTP says, you're in great shape and confidence is naturally high so go out and torch that PB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

All the best Krusty. 'May there be wings on your feet':D

Skipped yesterday's 5 miler with strides in favour of lots of walking around airports, train stations and marathon expos. The expo was pretty cool, taking place in a former airport. Lots of roller-blading, sports goods (not very discounted!) and non-alcoholic beer flowing (they have lots of really good non-alcoholic beers in Berlin - my favourite brand being the Krombacher Weiss bier). The weather in the afternoon is very hot (~25'C), but the morning and evenings are quite cool, so should be ok for tomorrow, until lunch-time. A double dinner (Pizza and a pasta main course :eek:) left me feeling bloated, so time for an early night.

Today: After a carby-breakfast (weetabix and bagels) set off with the OH for a run around the Tiergarten (start/finish are of the marathon). Ran a brilliant 4.5 mile run at recovery pace, and felt top of the world finishing it, in such a fantastic landscape. I had to force myself to stop running, which was extremely difficult. Hope I have the same feeling tomorrow! Having a mosey around the start/finish area really gets the excitement of the whole event flowing. The whole city is now just one big marathon athletes village.

Just waiting for the OH to come back from her 10 mile run, then a bit of site-seeing today, with my fantastic German guide, and an early night for the big one. Until after the race, Tschüß.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭bourne99

Show those German's what's what!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of Luck Krusty...hope you enjoy the event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

FABULOUS RUNNING! GREAT RESULT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Great work, super time. Enjoy d'beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great Running KC - enjoy the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Well done Krusty...but in fairness you have an advantage with those big feet :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done Krusty. Super finish.

Thanks guys, really delighted. Not upset about those 50 seconds at all. Not one bit. Not even a winsey bit. ;) Makes the sub-3 seem a lot easier!

Dissection is for tomorrow. Beer is for today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Is that 3:00:50? How did peeps here know the result. That's feckin awesome kc, congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Well done Krusty on a great run. You Will join the sub3 club. Enjoy the beers;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thanks guys, really delighted. Not upset about those 50 seconds at all. Not one bit. Not even a winsey bit. ;) Makes the sub-3 seem a lot easier!

Dissection is for tomorrow. Beer is for today. :D

Well 50 seconds wouldn't have made you sub 3. 51 might have though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

3:00:50....:eek::eek::eek:

Great running KC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Great run Krusty, I thought you'd be put out to pasture after your long lay-off this summer, but there's life in the old dog yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Anything around 3:10 will be deemed a great success (at least 12 minutes off my pb and the quintessential Boston Qualifier). Anything below that is just chocolate sprinkles.

That's a helluva lot of chocolate sprinkles you earned today ;)
    Well done. Fantastic run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

fantastic , you were on fire , well the result is consistent with your brillant form lately , cant wait to read the report , savour the moment and the posts ;)

Advertisement