Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Absolutely fantastic time... epic performance. Looking forward to the report!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I see an huge uptake of treadmill running in these parts. Absolutely mind blowing run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Heroic stuff. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

You sir deserve the finest craft beer available.

Phenomenal race. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Incredible performance. Well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great stuff, hope the official results are kind to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Your 5k PB is 15:45? According to the tracker the last km was in 03:09. I think that last few minutes deserves a few thousand words alone :)

Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

That's some last KM. You the man Krusty, congrats. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭aero2k

Fantastic running Gary, I'm delighted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Get in!!!!! Awesome running there G, well done indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Another truly brilliant performance. Well done Krusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

The stuff of legends. Hard work doesn't always gets it's just rewards. Glad it did for you today. That was some finish. Enjoy your well deserved R&R!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great racing this morning in Rotterdam, glad it all went to plan for you after your injury woes last Autumn. Inspirational stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Well done, some running, fantastic performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I dont think there are words to describe the feeling that Krusty has now (& I dont mean drunk/pissed etc).
    I'd say there's a permasmile on his face this evening, basking in the glow of marveldom.

Very well deserved 'basking' KC - I look forward to what could very well be (but I hope its not) the legends very last boards update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I dont think there are words to describe the feeling that Krusty has now (& I dont mean drunk/pissed etc).
    I'd say there's a permasmile on his face this evening, basking in the glow of marveldom.

Very well deserved 'basking' KC - I look forward to what could very well be (but I hope its not) the legends very last boards update.

I hope it won't be.

G your performance today and it doesn't matter to me which way either side of 2:30 that second falls is truly inspiring and gives hope to all of us who are past our "peak" 20s and 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done sir. Awesome result, exemplary training, super attitude. Applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Delighted that it all went to plan toady and that was an amazing run. Congratulations and delighted you got a podium position too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

What a great result! Superb stuff. Gefeliciteerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Awesome performance. CONGRATS!!!

You gotta love all the love on this thread. An amazing log. Kudos to you KC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done sir. Its been a pleasure following your running journey over the years. After the previous injury setback its a fantastic return to form, and then some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Great day for you Gary. I'll echo Slogger Jogger's wise words, its been some journey for you since back in the day! Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Its already been said Gary but major congrats, thanks for sharing the journey on boards, I got a bit of (very light) stick a year or two back for saying that your log was inspirational...but it is! ( sorry more serious runners than me who may be reading this, I can't help being inspired by people that work hard and get results...and I know I'm not alone)

Delighted to see the hard work pay off with that result, so well deserved. Enjoy the recovery, enjoy the beer and enjoy the rest!

From page one of this log ;

So I'm back up to date with the BAC sub 45 min. 10k training plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Did 4 miles with a friend at their pace (an easy 5:54/km), so decided to head back out and do another 2 miles afterwards, at 4:35/km. Lovely weather. Really enjoyed it... Back to running.. Happy days...

Yeah, but there's also this from the first page. We should have seen that goddamn 2.30 coming back then. Read between the lines of that post.

Congratulations G. Shame I couldn't follow it by tracker; would've been on the edge of my seat for ya.

When's the video/book/series coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

It's all been said - just amazing. Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

https://media.wix.com/ugd/abc68c_c28f07db04d04be29f29bebb6a38e5f8.xlsx?dn=Masters%20060317%20Men%20Road.xlsx

Hi Gary. Mucho kudos on your run.

Hope you don't mind me posting the above link on your log. Just in case anyone was in any doubt how good a run it was....... it was within 100 secs of the Irish M45 marathon record.
    Will I be changing my log title any time soon?

Barry.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Holy s**t. Absolutely fantastic result! You had me lulled with the (relatively) low key approach.

I sent a couple of the guys I run with a link to your log a few months ago. One I expect to see tomorrow is steadily reading sequentially through. I torn as to whether I should do "spoilers" !

Drumming fingers until report !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Advertisement