Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nice, you must have been head over heals with that.

As for the rest - Taper madness has got you I see :)
    Yeah, dead chuffed. But the only thing running through my head at the time was the number of people coughing and sneezing in the gymnasium. <joke> By the way, not much by way of updates on the blog. Not running, or not blogging?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

A few small twinges from the right achilles (taper craziness?).

Ooh, I knew a bloke felt that happen, he woke up and his feet had fallen off. Best strap them with sellotape before bed tonight.

(Is it mean to play with the taper crazed?;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Yeah, dead chuffed. But the only thing running through my head at the time was the number of people coughing and sneezing in the gymnasium. <joke> By the way, not much by way of updates on the blog. Not running, or not blogging?!

I had a vicious headcold and busy week all last week so didn't run a step, ran Monday but wasn't able to yesterday. Planning a good session today and if it happens I'll blog it.

Anyway good luck again, not that you need it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

best of luck sunday krusty look foward to reading your report
    it sounds like a good marathon to do, id like to combine it with a holiday sometime

Thanks guys. Glad to say the forecast is improving, and now the weather will be typically Irish, with temperatures up to 9'C, two hours of rain, winds up to 12 km/hr with gusts of 25km/hr (I'm obsessed with the weather forecasts at this stage!). Much better than previous forecasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck again Krusty....enjoy it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Just do it dude

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

What's your target pace allowing for the Garmin's inaccuracy?
    What is your target for the half-way mark?

Not really too pushed about pace Mithril. I hope to see an average pace of around 6:41 on the Garmin, but won't worry too much if it's up or down a bit, as long as I feel comfortable, but that's the general ball-park.

Same goes for half-marathon split. Not too worried about it. I am bringing a pacing band for the day, but the plan is to enjoy the race as much as possible. I'm not going killing myself for three hours. Enjoying the race is far more important than any time goals.
    LOL. For a moment there, I nearly believed what I wrote!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

All the best for the marathon and trip, have a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

all the best for Barcelona Krusty, the hard work is done, its time to enjoy it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck KC, hopefully see you out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Not really too pushed about pace Mithril. I hope to see an average pace of around 6:41 on the Garmin, but won't worry too much if it's up or down a bit, as long as I feel comfortable, but that's the general ball-park.

Same goes for half-marathon split. Not too worried about it. I am bringing a pacing band for the day, but the plan is to enjoy the race as much as possible. I'm not going killing myself for three hours. Enjoying the race is far more important than any time goals.

If you change your mind and decide that pace is important, with two watches and a pace band you should be well provisioned to monitor it.
    NASA used 3 computers for the moon landing with the final one to make the decision if the first two did not agree - are you sure you don't need an additional timing device just in case?

I don't expect to see three hours mentioned in any race reports.
    if you can avoid a dodgy meal and get to the start on time, you will do it very comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Everything about your training and philosophy suggests a savage day and time for you. enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Can't wait to hear how you get on, very best of luck on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

You nearly had me there!

Hopefully it all pays off for you on Sunday and you get what you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck Krusty. Looking forward to that sub 2.55 report :)

littlebug wrote: »
    Best of luck Krusty. Looking forward to that sub 2.55 report :)
    What, you think I should interview one of the sub 2:55 finishers after the race? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

What, you think I should interview one of the sub 2:55 finishers after the race? ;)

Don't stand around in the cold too long waiting for him/her ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Best of luck on Sunday....you'll do great. Don't run too fast...you need to hold something back for connemara ;)

• Advertisement

Tonight: Last run on Irish soil - 7 miles with 2 at PMP
    Whoever comes up with these training plans, and thinks that you can put on your full marathon kit for a dress rehearsal on a Wednesday, and then fly out to your marathon on a Friday morning, with the gear all washed and dried, obviously still lives with his mammy. So, I stuck on the marathon shoes (not the difficult choice that Beepbeep or Slogger Jogger have to make) and the marathon socks and a random collection of warm clothes to keep the cold out.

A three mile warm-up, followed by two miles at around pmp, and a two mile warm-down. The two miles at pmp went grand, with a nice low heart rate and felt nice and comfortable, but as soon as I slowed down the right achilles was at me. So they key, must be not to slow down! Ice and anti-flams tonight, massage tomorrow, and rest. The pmp miles felt right, and that's the important message for me.

It was this session before Berlin that pushed me to run the race 15 seconds/mile faster than I had trained for. Well, there'll be no such leap this time, but at least the pmp files felt like they were at the right pace.

Summary: 7 miles in 50 mins, @7:13/mile, HR=141
    (including 2 miles @6:38/mile, HR=144).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Godspeed KC, you'll fly it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Tonight:
    It was this session before Berlin that pushed me to run the race 15 seconds/mile faster than I had trained for. Well, there'll be no such leap this time, but at least the pmp files felt like they were at the right pace.

Been there done that have the tee-shirt like yourself. Ease into the race, stay relaxed and enjoy it as much as you can. Get to 20 comfortably and let loose if it's in the legs. Your training has been spot on and only bad luck will stop you getting the time you deserve as they say in Barcelona Bona sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

No luck needed, your good work done over the past three months will get you there. Eye's on the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Best of luck sunday.
    Watch that achilles and stretch it plenty.
    88 out and see what happens.
    Think sub 3 as the number one target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Best of luck with the big one. Looking forward to reading the match report next week!! No matter what time you get, finishing the marathon and enjoying the day is the main thing... nah just kidding, getting a good time is the main thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Best of luck Krusty

Ive read through the thread and youve prepared excellently. Hope you have a great race and reap the benefits you deserve. Looking forward to report.
    Enjoy the post match celebrations In Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Best of luck, Relax and enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

excellent work and training Krusty, all the best on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck!!

Advertisement