Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck Krusty and enjoy. Looking forward to the race report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of Luck Krusty, that is savage training you've put in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'm not wishing you luck, you don't need that. You get out of things what you put in and you've put a lot into this one, when you run sub 3 it will be nothing to do with luck, it will be what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Looking forward to hearing all the positive stories you're gonna have on the race! As others have said, no luck need, all the hard work has been done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Best wishes KC. Your training has been your best yet. Just let it flow and the time will happen. Enjoy the magic of Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

All the best KC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Ar nós na gaoithe Krusty.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good luck bud:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

enjoy the race Krusty and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Good luck Krusty (not that you'll need it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks a million everyone for the best wishes. If I hit my goal, it will have been, in no small part, down do the support and advice I have gotten here for the last three months. If I don't hit my goal (as such are the twists of fate) then it's all your fault. :) Genuinely, if I don't hit my goals this support will see my coming back, even more determined. No negative thoughts, just a thank you"

Last night: 5 miles on the roof of the hotel (on the treadmill) in Barcelona. Running in the dark, looking out over the Barcelona cityscape, and watching the neon lights turn on one by one, while ticking off the last of the taper miles. Fun!

Plan for today is to do the fun run, which starts in an hour, so better get moving!

Summary: 5 miles with strides in 40:15, with 7 x strdies

Today: 4 Mile breakfast Run
    A nice 2 mile uphill run, organized by the marathon team, that starts at the expo, and winds its way up around the hills of Monjuic to the Olympic Stadium. Sadly you don't get to enter the actual stadium, and the run finished just outside, but it's a very nice run that gives you lovely views over Barcelona. Myself and the OH ran back down afterwards, to round it off at four miles (the one day in the entire schedule where our mileages overlap!). It's a sunny cool day, and would be absolutely perfect for running a marathon. Hopefully tomorrow will be similar.

Summary: Leisurely 4 miles in 40 mins, @10min/mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Looking forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow....and also your OH. What's her objective for tomorrow? Is it her first?

Peckham wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow....and also your OH. What's her objective for tomorrow? Is it her first?
    Her objective is to run 10 miles, as part of her Connemara half marathon training plan. She's not doing the marathon. :)

oh, okay. Best of luck to her with that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Best of luck tomorrow!

Huge congrats KC. A fantastic result, and thoroughly deserved.

Enjoy those beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

+1, just looking at your splits here, very impressive, especially the last few km, you finished very strong, well done Krusty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Massive result, fair play Krusty!
    All the hard work paid off

Looking forward to your report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

tisnotover wrote: »
    +1, just looking at your splits here, very impressive, especially the last few km, you finished very strong, well done Krusty!
    Sub 4mins per k from the 35k mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Sub 4mins per k from the 35k mark

And blistering last 2.195k in 8:15. Great finish.
    Hope you got under 2:55 when real time is calculated. I knew you had that time in you
    Well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Great work KC, delighted for you - hugely deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Great run and time! Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Let me echo all the above. Fab result. Sub 3 demolished. Enjoy the cervezas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

The perfect end to a great training schedule, good for you Krusty.

Now start training for some serious hills ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Great run Krusty,nice to see it all pay off...enjoy the beers...i know you will :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Great run well done and negative splits as well, that's the way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Excellent Krusty well done bud:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

well done krusty great run

Advertisement