Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭aero2k

Allowing for the stitch and the hills, I reckon McMillan would give around 2:46 for the flat course in Berlin. I really hope you make it , it'll give me a good target to aim for in my next marathon:). (that's assuming I can ever get my legs to work properly again.) By the time I make 2:45, you should be ready to leapfrog me again with 2:39.

It never occurred to me that you were about 10 secs ahead of me when you passed me - I just assumed you'd have started right at the front - otherwise I'd have flogged myself to run up alongside you and try to ensure that at least one of us made the magical sub 60. I think my mind had let go at that stage, and unfortunately the legs soon followed suit.

These are the days that make you though; I'm really looking forward to that Berlin report.

BTW I tried coffee and tea after the race - neither worked so I'm now having liquid carbs.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great running today KC, I measure the course on the amazing 310 as 3.07 thus, it was definitely long, thus, you definitely went under 60. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Forever shifting the goal posts. Well done today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Forever shifting the goal posts. Well done today.

Fair play Krusty. In garmin it was 10:07 miles . I think you would have had it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Sounds like a great effort in the conditions. You've got some previous on circling an hourly target before crushing it next go !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

menoscemo wrote: »
    Fair play Krusty. In garmin it was 10:07 miles . I think you would have had it!!!

I was talking to a fella in work last night who came 18/19th ...he said that it was 120 metres long...and he would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

great report and brilliant time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Sosa wrote: »
    I was talking to a fella in work last night who came 18/19th ...he said that it was 120 metres long...and he would know.

I'd have to disagree with this I had 10.07 on my garmin. This says to me the course was bang on and corners were taken wide or zig zagging occurred. When I run marathons I generally run 26.5 miles so this tallies well with 10 miles yesterday.

I'd have to disagree with this I had 10.07 on my garmin. This says to me the course was bang on and corners were taken wide or zig zagging occurred. When I run marathons I generally run 26.5 miles so this tallies well with 10 miles yesterday.

What line do they take when measuring. Up the middle?

Don't know to be honest. Condo would be the man to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Shortest possible line is used - so hitting the apex of the inside bend all the time.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Shortest possible line is used - so hitting the apex of the inside bend all the time.

Well that really explains everything then, seems to have been a well measured course. Kinda comforting

I like the way we've hijacked Krusty's log while he is on holidays. I think all off topic conversations should be directed here for the next week :D

I like the way we've hijacked Krusty's log while he is on holidays. I think all off topic conversations should be directed here for the next week :D

LOL, didn't realise he was on holidays, he'll love this when he sees it. Beneficial discussion nonetheless.

LOL, didn't realise he was on holidays, he'll love this when he sees it. Beneficial discussion nonetheless.

Anybody watch Dublin vs Cork today? I was heart broken, bloody rebels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Anybody watch Dublin vs Cork today? I was heart broken, bloody rebels

Mixed emotions for me, family are all Cork but have been to see the Dubs a few times this year and really enjoyed watching them get this far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The Dubs had it sown up. A lack of discipline in the closing stages cost them.

My god, Scott in Keeping up with the Kardashians is such an ass, don't know what Courtney sees in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Gutted for the Dubs.
    Watching prince of Persia now, looks alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My god, Scott in Keeping up with the Kardashians is such an ass, don't know what Courtney sees in him.

Kim in the Kardashians has such an ass ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Legs are wrecked today

(funny moving the 'Off the topic' thread over here)

Not too disappointed with the match, a bit of a bonus getting this far after the Meath match. Can't see Kildare or Down beating the 'knackers'.

Would love to see Kildare win the Ireland now.

In other OT news i Booked a weeks holiday in a fancy schmancy golf hotel for 300 euro for the week today. It's a house as well so that's great value in my book. The recession isn't all bad.

I wish Krusty was here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭aero2k

Lads be careful, Krusty may have brought the internet with him:D

At least we're helping keep his log on the first page!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great job Krusty, what a pity about the cramps but the key thing is you know you can do it. Congratulations.

Hey misty, just realized that I met you at the finish line with tunguska. When we met I never made the mental connection, with your username. Anyway, nice to meet you, if only briefly.

Now, time for a 27'C uphill run. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

a belated well done krusty. great time - enjoy the hols

Lol. Finally my training log has taken on a new dimension; it's finally interesting and informative! Shame about the dubs. Did they bottle it in the last 400 yards too? :)

Managed 4 x 10k+ training runs during the holidays, all in 32'C+ heat, but good climate training for Berlin.

Monday: Someone (me!) saw fit to rent a house in Spain that was over-shadowed by a mountain and a winding mountain road. Where does the road go? What's up there? It was like a slap in the face with a leather glove. A challenge to my very being. So I set off when the family wouldn't miss me, which unfortunately was the hottest part of the day (around 35'C in the sun), and headed for the hill. So what lay around the corner up the hill? More hill. And more hill. I kept climbing and climbing and the views kept getting better and better, but the day was getting hotter and hotter. Eventually I took a break for a breather, and all the remaining liquids in my body leaked out of me, as if I were a sieve. Some more climbing and I was at the top, with just the antennae engineers, and strange clicking bushes to share the incredible 360' vistas. Awesome. The way back down was so much easier, but just as hot. Took me about an hour to redydrate afterwards.
    Summary: 10k in 52 mins, @8:34/mile, HR=142

Tuesday: Copied the practices of the local runners, and waited until the day had cooled somewhat, and ran a flatter route along the sea-front. Still around 32'C in the shade, but a flatter route so could pick up the pace a little. Fab sea views.
    Summary: 10k in 46 mins @7;19/mile, HR=169

Thursday: 6.5 mile hill run
    Another run up the challenging hill. This time I had hoped to run a loop I had previously covered in the car, but after covering 3 miles of climb and descent, I got lost in the veritable catacomb of winding roads and couldn't find my way across to the next cliff-side, so after stopping at a supermarket to drink a litre of water, I had to retrace my steps back up the hill I had hoped to avoid, passing a clock that read 37'C. I'm prepared for the worst in Berlin now! Found some tiny secluded beaches though, that we returned to later in the day, so great result!
    Summary: 6.5 miles in 57 mins, @8:47/mile

Friday: Easy 6.5 miles along the sea-front again in the evening's cooling shade (32'C!). Forgot to restart the watch again, after getting down to my skivvies in the heat. Great to see so many 60+ geezers keeping fit despite the rolling hills and the heat.
    Summary: 6.5 miles in 53 mins, @8:08/mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Hey misty, just realized that I met you at the finish line with tunguska. When we met I never made the mental connection, with your username. Anyway, nice to meet you, if only briefly.

Yeah you too, I wasn't the chattiest (if thats a word) after that race. Catch ya again.......after a race not during, your flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

well done on getting a) runs in while on holidays, b) running in the heat that you had to and c) doing them uphills!

one Garmin related questiuon for you though....can seam to view your garmin links, im getting a message "You do not have sufficient privileges to view the activity with id XXXXXXXXXX."

do you know anything about that?

Advertisement