Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamins: Tesco own brand

• 03-11-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Is there any difference (poorer quality) than say Seven Seas. Bought tescos multivitamins yesterday, €4 cheaper than SS but has the exact same ingredients and %RDA values as SS.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If they have the same ingredients and %RDA then I can't see any reason they'd be any better or worse. Of course I'm open to correction. I use the ones from lidls myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I've bought Tesco Fish oil, which was much cheaper than big name brands but seemed to me to be exactly similar in quality (oddly, it was cheaper to buy three packs of 30 capsules than one of 90). I'd imagine the same is true of the vitamins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You are just paying over the odds for the product due to marketing. Some marketed products are considered worse than the cheaper generics, e.g. ipods, budweiser.

I got generic solpadeines recently, about €1 less and they fizzed up way better and tasted nicer, exact same drug content.

Advertisement