Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Of The Chonchords

Options
  • 03-11-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

I assume all you folk based in Aus/NZ have religiously watched this!! Got me a copy of it recently, and have got half way through the series. It's one of the funniest shows around, for me, anyways....

Use it as a conversation starter if you happen to be talking to a nice Kiwi bloke/woman...;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I have one of the albums and honestly I didn't laugh once.

Haven't seen the show though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Watched the whole series on the plane on the way over and thought they were pretty good, doubt listening to the music on it's own is really worth it though as it seems like it pretty situation dependant on what's going on in that episode.

Is there only the one series of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

No, the songs on their own aren't as funny, as the lyrics relate to what's going on in the episode. I still think the songs are funny on their own, but funnier within an episode. C'mon Xavi, you mean you don't think the song in French isn't funny or the motha ucka song, or the "business time" or even "leggy blonde"...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nope didn't 'get' the album at all.

maybe it's a show people either like or not, maybe there's no in between...?

anyways..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*shakes fist* steeeeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

A friend of ours (a kiwi) told me to watch this before i left for NZ. I cried laughing it was so good. The first episode I thought was weird but then i got really in to it. The album is only good if you've seen the shows really.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Yup, funny show but album is just kind of pointless without watching the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was told about this, but have never got to see an episode.

are they still showing it on any of the channels? I dont have Foxtel so we're talking 7, 9, 10, or SBS! :(

plenty of stuff on youtube, but i think its better to watch it as a full episode..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Meh, never found this funny. I don't think I've watched a full episode, but I certainly watched about three quarters of one and don't remember laughing once.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haven't seen their series, their stand up is hilarious. Great songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was told about this, but have never got to see an episode.

are they still showing it on any of the channels? I dont have Foxtel so we're talking 7, 9, 10, or SBS! :(

It used to be on Sunday nights on ABC I think. But it's finished now. You can get the DVD in Borders for about $30. I love this show, think it's hilarious. I'd recommend checking out the you-tube clips first though, if you like them then it's well worth investing in the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive seen/heard more about this in ireland than in nz. it's not on the telly here at all, as far's i can make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

BarryCreed wrote: »
    "leggy blonde"...:confused:

I prefer Murrays original version. #'Hiii...' :D

WindSock wrote: »
    I prefer Murrays original version. #'Hiii...' :D

classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Just read... somewher (can't remember where now) that one of the guys form flight of the conchords is gonna be acting in Scrubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

FoTC Live > FoTC Albums/TV Shows.

Much >.
    Just read... somewher (can't remember where now) that one of the guys form flight of the conchords is gonna be acting in Scrubs!

I would like sauce with that please. I JFG'd it and nothing.

Try this as an FoTC taster.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Baza210 wrote: »
    FoTC Live > FoTC Albums/TV Shows.

Much >.

I would like sauce with that please. I JFG'd it and nothing.

Try this as an FoTC taster.

Sorry, I can't find the page now that I look for it again, it was probably bull anyway to honest. I did read that they've finished filming the eight and final season of scrubs though so a guest appearance is unlikely unless they bring scrubs back with a different cast (because the original cast have mostly decided to leave after the eighth season). I found that at this link BUT! I have to warn you that the page contains season 8 spoilers.

Advertisement