Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosh Drill Working Intermittently

Options
  • 03-11-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Really chancing my arm posting this here but I can't see anywhere else that would be more appropriate .

My trusty bosch electric drill stopped working this morning , and then it worked again and then it didn't ... and so on .

It works when I turn it on it's side but as I bring it round to right way up again it stops .

Take it to the recycling center???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If you are competitent with electronc devices, open it and see what's loose. It may have worn down the graphite brushes.
    Otherwise, recycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Opened it , had a look , nothing loose ..... thats as far as my expertise goes .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ring these guys, the should be able to point you to a nearby service agent.

Origo departments

Origo
    Magna Drive
    Magna Business Park
    City West
    Dublin 24
    Phone: +353 (0)1 4666700
    Fax: +353 (0)1 4666706

Bosch & Skil Power Tools
    Phone: +353 (0)1 4666840
    e-mail: powertools@origo.ie
    Spare Parts
    Phone: +353 (0)1 4666890

Oh Origo - Nightmare.

I'd bin it to be honest than have to deal with this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It sounds like the cable is broken where it enters the drill.... If you had a multi meter handy, it would be very easy to bell the cable and verify

Normally with these you can get away with cutting a few inches off the flex, and they are as good as new...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Oh Origo - Nightmare.

I'd bin it to be honest than have to deal with this crowd.
    Really?
    I dealt with Beaver a few times, never really had a problem but I guess different people have different experiences.
    Bosch are a very good make IMO and I wouldn't suggest binning it if a repair is viable.

Anyway, I suggested ringing to find a local service agent, they have some listed on their site but it's poor and hard to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

It sounds like the cable is broken where it enters the drill.... If you had a multi meter handy, it would be very easy to bell the cable and verify

Normally with these you can get away with cutting a few inches off the flex, and they are as good as new...

Was just about to recommend doing this, common problem caused by lads putting the drill down by hanging it from the flex til it hits the floor but of course nobody does that!

SteveC wrote: »
    Really?
    I dealt with Beaver a few times, never really had a problem but I guess different people have different experiences.
    Bosch are a very good make IMO and I wouldn't suggest binning it if a repair is viable.

Anyway, I suggested ringing to find a local service agent, they have some listed on their site but it's poor and hard to navigate.

Steve - they have no interest in supporting their gardening range of devices.
    I had to get support from their dealer in the UK as they were seemingly incapable here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Good call , did as suggested and its all go for another 20 years .

Was just about to recommend doing this, common problem caused by lads putting the drill down by hanging it from the flex til it hits the floor but of course nobody does that!

I am sure I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

jonski wrote: »
    Good call , did as suggested and its all go for another 20 years

Perfect!

Just think how much you saved ;)

You also saved a little bit of the environment, buy not throwing that one out and buying a new one :D

• Advertisement

Glad you got it sorted jonski. :)

Advertisement