Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance claim on second policy

Options
  • 03-11-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering about this. my fiancee and i have two cars one has 4 years ncb and one has 1 year. we are both insured on each car.

the car with 4 years ncb is insured through the AA with AXA and the car with 1 year NCB is with Quinn (we only got a second car a year ago so we started again with Quinn as they were cheapest)

This year we made a claim after a crash on the car with 4 years ncb, we have ncb protection so the cost didnt go up on the policy.i made the claim on the 4 year ncb policy and am second name driver on the 1 year NCB policy.

now my question is this, my fiancee may be looking to switch her 1 year ncb policy from Quinn to someone with better cover, and with the 1 year ncb someone else who would be cheaper then quinn. Given that i as the second name driver on this policy has had a claim in the last three years (though not on the same policy), will we be unable to find someone willing to insure us? or will it not matter as no claims have been made on the policy that is to be switched??

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I think the new insurers will ask "have you any accidents or claims, open or pending, in the last 5 years"
    If you answered "No" to that line, technically you'd be lying. So you answer Yes, then go thru the interrogation process I'd imagine.

Advertisement