Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to UPC Broadband, shall I go with blueface or UPC for phone?

Options
  • 03-11-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

simple as that really.

mostly UK & Ireland landline calls with some mobiles and one or two mobiles in Spain.

is UPC's phone service any good or would I be better off just going with blueface?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

In my case, I wanted to keep my landline number, but I wasn't comfortable porting it to blueface (in case they have problems and go under)

So, I signed up for the upc phone service (€4 per month) and ported my phone number to them. All my incoming calls are coming in via upc. Then I use my existing ATA to make outgoing calls via blueface.

In effect, it means that I'm still paying 'line rental' but its ony 4 euro per month and it means I have a backup phone service if there is ever a problem with blueface or the internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

UPC phone service is grand as long as you BB does not go down much. The Quality is quite good tbh actually.

Advertisement