Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

penexpers wrote: »
    I don't think you have to sign anything for a contract to be enforceable. After all, you don't sign a contract every time you walk into a shop and buy a pint of milk.

when you buy a pint of milk in a shop you are not expected to buy one every month for 12 months.

i learned in school years ago that a contract requires a signiture or the witnessed mark of the purchaser to be valid regardless of other conditions and did not thinkn this had changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

*goes to explain to the brick wall, as it would grasp things better*

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i learned in school years ago that a contract requires a signiture or the witnessed mark of the purchaser to be valid regardless of other conditions and did not thinkn this had changed?

See that changed when modern life came along and we all wanted to be able to buy on the net without having to wait for Mr Amazon to send us a contract etc and it was decided that starting to use a service would constitute accepting the terms - on the basis that you had to actively purchase/obtain the item requied to access the service

(or summat like that - I may be totally wrong but then this is boards..)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Getouts are bank account info utilisation .....and not using TTP verification .

Signatures are sooo like very 1970's kearnsr

Those T&Cs are illegal too lads , they cannot stand over them in their entirety :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

parsi wrote: »
    See that changed when modern life came along and we all wanted to be able to buy on the net without having to wait for Mr Amazon to send us a contract etc and it was decided that starting to use a service would constitute accepting the terms - on the basis that you had to actively purchase/obtain the item requied to access the service

(or summat like that - I may be totally wrong but then this is boards..)
    We've long had verbal contracts and contracts by course of dealings, a necessity in commercial life. You've never had to have a contract for it be be a contract. All you require is consideration, offer, acceptance and intention to create legal relations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement