Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! Xbox live and Windows

• 03-11-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

HI, really need some help on this...
    Right, I use Ice Broadband for my net connection and have been trying to set up the connection to my xbox. I can connect to the IDU unit by an ethernet lead directly but had to manually set the IP address settings on the xbox myself. No problem....
    However when I went to connect my Pc to the xbox I had to reset both settings on pc and xbox before it would recognise it at all. Pain in the ass if I need to switch over for streaming etc.
    Anyways, I bought a small ethernet splitter and plugged it in, no use at all. :mad:
    Is there anyway I can connect my xbox and pc to the IDU unit at the same time without having to feck about with settings all the time?? Plus set up the streaming etc.?? I have only 1 ethernet port on IDU and computer :confused:
    Any help would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 beefyjohn

Yes its easily done. what you need is a Router with an wan port. program your ip into that and you can connect loads of devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Or buy a NIC for about a tenner for your pc so it's got two ethernet ports and set the 360 to use internet connection sharing. It will then be able to stream from your pc and go on live no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Or buy a NIC for about a tenner for your pc so it's got two ethernet ports and set the 360 to use internet connection sharing. It will then be able to stream from your pc and go on live no problem.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!! Now just 1 more problem...
    The Ip addresses are all different, router uses 89.16 etc whereas the pc goes with 169.254 etc.....
    do I need a common address and how/what 1 do I use?
    Sorry for bein such a Dumbass!!! :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 beefyjohn

well your ip between the broadband and the computer will be what the isp gave you. you will then need to setup and ip between the xbox and the computer. and then bridge the 2 network connections.

Advertisement