Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why I Dislike Hamilton

• 03-11-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Three main reasons why I dislike Hamilton, in this order

1) His annoying brother (half)
    2) His annoying father
    3) His annoying girlfriend

Honestly, if this trend continues of showing images of Hamiltons entourage during races next year I will crack up.

Come on Alonso, Kubica, Massa, Kimi, or Vetel. PLEASE, let one of you guys win next years championship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭schalken999

hamiltons brother suffers from cerebral palsy..a neurological disorder...he is physically challenged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭ongarite

This was the first race I have seen Hamilton's brother at a GP and his GF hasn't been to a GP weekend since Monaco.
    His Dad is always around, don't see the problem with it, he is his agent, friend and reason for being in F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

thegoth wrote: »

Give him a break.
    2) His annoying father

Slightly annoying but no reason to dislike Lewis for.

Jealous much?

You have given no reasons why the above are annoying, just random statements, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

hamiltons brother suffers from cerebral palsy..a neurological disorder...he is physically challenged

and...?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

His brother has been at every GP this year I think, always seems to be hanging out down by the barriers at the finish, just they had a camera trained on him and Lewis' bird for the whole race this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Heard Nicole being "interviewed" after the race on Five Live...lets hope in private she comes across as less vacuous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

2) His annoying father

Honestly, if this trend continues of showing images of Hamiltons entourage during races next year I will crack up.

Come on Alonso, Kubica, Massa, Kimi, or Vetel. PLEASE, let one of you guys win next years championship.

1) as said above
    2)Again his fathe rwas a masisve driving force behind him and still is.
    3)) Please STFU I'd watch more racing if they had more cut scenes of her!

also if it was Massa with a Celeb girlfriend,she would have got the same attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

His brother has cerebral palsy so ? What has that to do with anything ? Do you know what cerebral palsy is ? Basically it means that you sometimes have muscle spasms ..... It does not mean that you act like a fool in front of the camera or go running out of the garage when to check if its raining. He was acting up to the cameras, thats what annoyed me. Compare him to Massas brother

His father is a plonker. He is suppossed to be a total plonker. When he crashed his supercar by just driving like a lunatic, smashing throgh a fence, that could easily have been a child, he just ignored everyone who came out of their houses to ask if he was ok ....

Ok, his girlfriend, fair enough. Nothing against her except she THINKS she can sing. She is a looker. I am jealous, but I suppose I have nothing against her, just dont want to spend all of the F1 season in 2009 looking at her. I can tune into MTV for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

I dislike his actions and attitude lately as opposed to anything intangible like the OP.
    my two problems are his dangerous racing style and his arrogance.

Dangerous racing: how many times has he tried to ram people off the road this year and call it "intimidation just like Schumaker used to do".
    Yeah, it is Shuey-like but he was an arse for doing it then and Hamilton is now if he thinks that is in any way in the spirit of the sport.

Arrogance: He started believing his own hype by mid-season and he has it in his head that he's better than all the other drivers out there right now.
    This is rubbish in my opinion as he has the best engineers in the McClaren team and also one of the best cars under him. I'm not denying he's a damn good racer as some of the stuff I saw him do before he hit F1 was daring and great to watch, but I still believe that Vettel is a better driver out of the youngsters and Alonso is the best out there full stop.
    (Disclaimer: I'm not in any way biased against Hamilton for last years spat with Alonso - that was all Ron Denis)

By the way, OP - leave his family out of this, he's lucky to have one that supports him so much and it was good to see them there for his big day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭jacool

its interesting that although a lot of people dislike Hamilton, you dislike him for things that sorround him, but not himself. Its original, I'll give you that. I know people who hate the way he drives, the perceived arrogance.
    I know a guy from Peterborough who has 165000 reasons to like him after yesterday though !

• Advertisement

helimachoptor, I suggest you should STFU. If you prefer watching Hamintons girfriend to watching him race wheel to wheel in the wet for the world championship against Vetel, which happened yesterday, then you should swich to MTV and stop leaving comments here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

helimachoptor, I suggest you should STFU. If you prefer watching Hamintons girfriend to watching him race wheel to wheel in the wet for the world championship against Vetel, which happened yesterday, then you should swich to MTV and stop leaving comments here.

GTFO

KamiKazi - Care to share a considered opinion other than "GTFO" ? Classy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

You dont have to explain why you dislike someone especially when they're so petty and pathetic as the reasons you listed. You;d get away with just saying hes not my kinda guy or something equally banal. Remember your a roaring firey beast michael. Dont take no crap from anyone. You dislike him and thats that. **** everyone else.

That'll show them.

Right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In before lock.

Mike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

F1 is like war. 90% boredom and 10% adrenaline overdose. I have no problem with them sticking in a few shots of her, or his dad or the fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

In fairness there were plenty of shots of Massa's family too. But yeah I do find Hamilton's dad quite annoying. Chip off the old block I guess.

The reason I don't like Hamilton is because to me he seems so insincere. I don't think he really gives a fυck about anyone else and every time he thanks "the boys" it makes me cringe. It's like he's always trying to say what he thinks people want him to say, unlike Schumi who at least didn't try to hide his arrogance.

I could be totally wrong but that's the impression I (and seemingly plenty of other people) get from him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

2) His annoying father

Whats that got to do about how he drives? Surely thats the main thing?

They only reason you dont have the same problem about the other drivers is because they aren't in the english press as much.

Says the man in Ireland. ;)

Mike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are there any Portugese speakers on the forum here, who maybe happen to live in Argentina, or some other country nearby not beggining with "B", but watch only the Brazillian national broadcaster or read the Brazillain newspapers and can tell us about how much coverage Masa was getting last week and if they think he's annoying or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Wow.

I don't like Lewis, but this thread from the OP's down is a disgrace. Go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

None of you know the kid from a box of soap. Keep your uninformed opinions to yourselves to be fair. All you see is what the media portrays, and we all know how accurate that image is don't we.

OP here. I was wrong in what I said at the start of this. What I actually meant and should have said is the reason I hate having Lewis being in F1 is because of the reasons I listed. They are not the reason I actually dislike him.

I dislike him, because, as someone alread said here " he seems so insincere". Compare Lewis when he smiles to someone like Massa. You know that what Massa says comes from the heart. I cannot stand Lewis's fake smile. Alonso and Kimi say what they mean and thats it. No politics

Dont get me wrong. Lewis is a great talent, and maybe the best driver in F1 at the moment. Would love to see him at Alonso at it again. He fully deserves his world title and over the year was the best of all the title contenders. This does not mean that I wanted him to win, because I didn't. I was rooting for Massa

... Alonso and Kimi say what they mean and thats it. ...

Kimi actually speaks? I thought the guy was a mute. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is getting pathetic at this stage...

I don't really care who wins as long as it's a good race, but next year I would love to see Hamilton win again just to annoy goons like the OP. It would be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I like Hamilton. I think Vettel is a better driver, but Hamiltion has an edge about him. A likeability. His family are behind him. It should be seen as a good family sport (as such) as oppose to a 'look at how much money we can spend on getting a car great, but dont really care about the drivers' mentality. The media portray him as the national saviour. Im just glad not to be looking at the Brand or Ross at the moment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he's going out with 30 year old popstar !!!

Wish I was :(

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

You won't have to worry about about seeing Lewis's girl friend next season at any grand prix unless they send a camera crew to her old folks home. The 2 times I heard her "interviewed" you could hear the wind whistling through her ears.

Antony Hamilton is the biggest waste of air time on tv, every race before, after and during they ask him the same questions like "is lewis in the right frame of mind", "are you happy with the win" ... what do they expect him to say? His head is all over the shop? I'm gutted he won. Who cares about his opinion it adds nothing to the weekend. I rememeber they used to feature Buttons dad who went to every race too, but nothing like the air time Hamilton Senior gets.

As for his brother, don't get me started, can't believe Lewis let him drive for him in Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is this the Motorsport forum or Celebrity and Showbiz??

Horrible thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Is it 'cos he is black?

OP Here. I take back what I said at the start of this thread. I didn't mean it. I was just looking at some way to vent my huge disappointment after thinking that Massa had won it, for it to be taken away seconds later.

I dont think like Haminton as I think that he only cares about himself and means nothing that comes out of his mouth. The same way that some people dislike MS for the way he carried himself. I personally loved him, but I never restored to calling people "Goons", or the like because they disliked them. I respected their opinion

Lets end this thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

FrostyJack wrote: »
    As for his brother, don't get me started, can't believe Lewis let him drive for him in Canada.

F-cking hell, that's a bit unnecessary, isn't it?

RayM wrote: »
    F-cking hell, that's a bit unnecessary, isn't it?

I believe that is called humour.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Is it 'cos he is black?

*ding* *ding* *ding* We have a winner! Who would be first to stoop?!? Well done Cool_CM *slow clap*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

zeris wrote: »
    *ding* *ding* *ding* We have a winner! Who would be first to stoop?!? Well done Cool_CM *slow clap*

Ah it was crying out for it to be fair! :pac:

I have to admit though, I have not followed F1 to any extent for a number of years, but there is a certain air of dislikeability about Hamilton. I watched the last 20 laps and for some reason, was almost hoping Massa was going to win out. And after seeing Massa post-race, I even felt more disappointed for him, because he just comes across as such a genuine guy.

And its not the whole 'being British' thing either, as I don't recall disliking Hill, Mansell, Herbert, Coulthard, etc nowhere near as much. There is definately an element of smugness about him that won't win over neutrals. I know Schumacher was like this, but for some reason he could pull it off a bit better.

Fizman wrote: »
    Ah it was crying out for it to be fair! :pac:

Yeah, it's probably tongue in cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

if hamilton wasnt so good i think nobody would dislike him.

people somehow feel that a person of immense talent owes it to
    spectators to be a helluva swell guy aswell.

he is just very professional,
    he's not a charming character, he's not a "sports personality of the year" candidtae (at least not now!).

i think people who dislike him would prefer if he were modest,
    and i think a lot of thoose people would prefer to be him!

By your theory we should hate every driver in F1. The majority of the grid and most people I can vouch for hate him becuase of his comments and his actions on the track. It makes no difference if he was at the back of the grid, it would only make him sadder. When Schumacher fought Hill, Mika or Jacque I didn't want them to win and wished them the worst but I never hated them. It doesn't matter what colour, race, creed he is, it is the amount of bs he is full of.

I believe that is called humour.

Yes, very humourous, taking the piss out of physically disabled people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Cunning wrote: »
    if hamilton wasnt so good i think nobody would dislike him.

people somehow feel that a person of immense talent owes it to
    spectators to be a helluva swell guy aswell.

he is just very professional,
    he's not a charming character, he's not a "sports personality of the year" candidtae (at least not now!).

I agree with you in that he is very professional and very focussed, but I think a somewhat similar comparison could be made of, for instance, Tiger Woods. Top of his profession at his very early 20's, world at his feet etc etc, yet I don't seem to remember too many reasons/excuses to dislike the guy then as people seem to have for Lewis now.

Its a hard one to explain really but there is just something about the guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ok, his girlfriend, fair enough. Nothing against her except she THINKS she can sing. She is a looker. I am jealous, but I suppose I have nothing against her, just dont want to spend all of the F1 season in 2009 looking at her. I can tune into MTV for that

You can't tune to MTV for it, they are showing reruns of my sweet 16 :P

MTV get off the air! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

FrostyJack wrote: »
    You won't have to worry about about seeing Lewis's girl friend next season at any grand prix unless they send a camera crew to her old folks home. The 2 times I heard her "interviewed" you could hear the wind whistling through her ears.

Antony Hamilton is the biggest waste of air time on tv, every race before, after and during they ask him the same questions like "is lewis in the right frame of mind", "are you happy with the win" ... what do they expect him to say? His head is all over the shop? I'm gutted he won. Who cares about his opinion it adds nothing to the weekend. I rememeber they used to feature Buttons dad who went to every race too, but nothing like the air time Hamilton Senior gets.

What's the bets that in another 3 or 4 years if Ham wins another title or two that old man Hammy will start barging Ron for more money, more exclusivity, more everything to the point where there'll be a massive fall-out and Hammy will move on to another team? Old man Hammy seems arrogant too, clever enough to know just how to handle things like the press. Thanking Massa and Old Man Massa after the race, asking the press to stop for a sec rather than keep pushing. Give him another few years and he'll be a dictator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

Fizman wrote: »
    I agree with you in that he is very professional and very focussed, but I think a somewhat similar comparison could be made of, for instance, Tiger Woods. Top of his profession at his very early 20's, world at his feet etc etc, yet I don't seem to remember too many reasons/excuses to dislike the guy then as people seem to have for Lewis now.

Its a hard one to explain really but there is just something about the guy!

i take your point.
    i'm not much of a golf fan myself though!
    i think some of lewis's problem is the nastyness with alonso last year. he never really got off on the right footing!
    i really enjoy watching him race, i think he's a class act and ready to be even better. but i do get a sense of what you mean when you say "theres just something about him". his not a lovable character, but i really dont see how anyone {apart from alonso and massa!!] could actively dislike him.

in fact the only driver who irritates me is jenson button!! but thats another story.
    i went through a phase of disliking alonso because i felt he behaved a bit childishly last season, but he's won me back with some great racing at the end of this season.

anyway i think hamilton makes for a more exciting feild. and i think he's a deserving champion.

[also i wish kimi raikonen would vary the tone of his voice in the press conferences! although its quite impressive to watch someone speak for 40 seconds without varying his tone even once!!}

IN RESPONSE TO BIROS LAST POINT
    about hamiltons dad.
    i saw him checking the interviewr after the race but if you watch the guy with the mic trying to ask him questions had a grip of lewis's arm, lewis tried to walk on, and the reported tried to pull lewis back tight twards him towards him.
    lewis obviously wanted to be freed, and his dad steped in and cooled the situatiion, quite well.
    i think lewis might be even more unpopular if he'd turned to the guy with the mic and said
    "get the **** off me!!" lol :D anyways....in

RayM wrote: »
    Yes, very humourous, taking the piss out of physically disabled people.

No, thats taking the piss out of Lewis.

Cunning wrote: »
    [also i wish kimi raikonen would vary the tone of his voice in the press conferences! although its quite impressive to watch someone speak for 40 seconds without varying his tone even once!!}

It's much more fun to turn it into a drinking game; which body part will he scratch or orifice probe next on live worldwide TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i don't like hamilton coz of the gap in his teeth.
    i don't like hamilton coz his bird never met me.
    i especially don't like him coz of itv, the press and the way they dwell on his every move.
    fair enough he's a very good driver, probably not the most talented but makes up for it in his racing temprament and style,alongside his lifelong coaching, but at times i wish maybe boring old collins and kennedy had the whole lot back so we wouldn't have to put up with the propoganda.
    btw she deserves her own appreciation thread imo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

For fup sake it's called a joke(a bit like this whole thread tbh). At the end of the day the OP is going on about not liking Hamilton because of his brother, father and girlfriend, nothing to do with his racing abilities. If this is the case, as previously mentioned take it to the Celebrity and showbiz forum, not this one.

No, thats taking the piss out of Lewis.

No, if somebody jokes about Hamilton's stupid accident in Montreal being a result of him 'letting his disabled brother drive for him', that's very clearly taking the piss out of the disabled. Poor form, really, whether you like Hamilton himself or not.

No, if somebody jokes about Hamilton's stupid accident in Montreal being a result of him 'letting his disabled brother drive for him', that's very clearly taking the piss out of the disabled. Poor form, really, whether you like Hamilton himself or not.

It was a joke if you don't get it, don't keep going on about it. I bet you rang into BBC to complain about Clarkson's joke on Top Gear on Sunday.

In other news, Hamilton has either suddenly become grounded or has got a new script writer :

But he said: "I don't plan on winning seven world championships - that's a little bit much for me, I think. Michael can keep that record."

Hamilton added: "I'm going to train very, very hard. I want to do everything better next year. I don't want to be doing it on the last corner of the last lap.

"I want to win again for sure - it's an amazing feeling, winning.

"The Formula One World Championship is by far the hardest championship I have had to compete for, and so it should be - it's the world championship."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7706496.stm

• Advertisement
Advertisement