Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why I Dislike Hamilton

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ven0m wrote: »

Sorry, you don't know him - none of us do. You don't know his 'personality'. You like the rest of us sees his 'game face' & his 'race bravado'. This is what sports people do & even successful business people do; have a business face & persona, & a private one. When you know him personally, & what he is like in private, you & everyone else can then claim you 'dislike his personality'. People saying they dislike him because of his personality is the EXACT same as people 'hating the heel in wrestling'; IT'S A PERSONA, not necessarily the person's real private personality.

And yet proving my point about judgements on character based on 'singular perception', ty brim4brim:

Sorry, you don't know WHAT my issue is, but you've kindly helped me prove my point;

UNTIL YOU KNOW SOMEONE, YOU DO NOT KNOW THEIR PERSONALITY OR WHAT THEY ARE LIKE IN PERSON WHEN THEY'RE AT THEIR MOST PRIVATE AND COMFORTABLE.

SO any arguments about his 'personality' & your dislike of them as a person because of it are null & void - & as I said, it is akin to 'hating a heel in wrestling'. It's not that person, it is their 'persona' or 'character' for their job.

See, you can still dislike the guy because of the way he portrays himself in public and say he is an arrogant pr*ck if he is acting like an arrogant pr*ck in front of cameras.

It all comes back to:
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I would call it a duck.

If Hamilton walks like a a** and talks like an a** in public and that's all I see of him then I will think he is an a** until he shows he isn't an a**.

Especially when I'm just having fun and deciding who'll I'll support for the drivers championship.

Your whole arguement is pointless. Should we all just view the drivers as robots until we meet and hang out with them in real life. That'll make the championship more interesting :rolleyes:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Alonso seems like a thoroughly bad egg.

I support Hamilton because he seems at least to be a breath of fresh air in a far too elitest and stale boys club in F1.

I dont think its racism as much as jealousy to be honest...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Tauren wrote: »
    stats i read showed there was little increase in black voters compared to last year (13% one figure I saw) and also, the black vote has generally gone democratic in the past.

Yup, usually high 80's, not in the 90's though. And why the huge turnout for a black candidate? Even if ya say it's not because he's black then why is it ok to suggest whites only voted for McCain because he was white and against a black opponent when whites traditionally cote more for republicans?
    I don't want to go off topic here so let's just leave it I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

"However, Alonso is a rattle thrower. Towards the end of his season with Renault before bouncing to McLaren, he whined to the press his team were not supporting his bid to become world champion because he was leaving.

That was a discussion that should have remained private, not for airing in public. Alonso washes his dirty linen in public too often, embroils himself in contraversy & bitterness with people, which he also makes public, & then expects people to go 'awww, poor Fernando. Jesus, that poor guy - he can;t catch a break'.

Fernando Alonso is the architect of his own problems & also why he will never get a drive in a Ferrari F-1 car. Does he honestly think Luca DiMontezemelo is going for forget his involvement in what happened last year? Like **** Luca is ......... he is someone who holds grudges & never lets people forget, & makes some of the single most contraversial statements in Formula-1, but of course he's allowed to because he runs Ferrari, & 'Ferrari are never wrong' (if you believe some of the nutcases out there!!!)."

Yes. I totally agree. I thought it was a discrace and very unprofessional the way he left Renault. In all the years Kimi was with McLaren and all the reliability problems he had, I dont think i ever heard him complain in public about the team

I now give Alonso the benefit of the doubt with the McLaren thing, but I dont like his default setting of blaming the team in public. I do however find it a welcome change to listen to someone who speaks his mind, but there is a line, and you shouldnt condem your team in public without a VERY good reason.

I think Alonso will end up at Ferrari, not because they want him but because they need him Not many drivers can match Hamintons speed, and Alonso is one of them. I was going to start a sperate thread about this today, but got disrupted. Basically, here it is.

If you look at all the drivers in F1 at the moment and compare them as racers to Lewis, how do they match up

Alonso - Just as fast. Maybe faster as it took him a while to get used to Bridgestone tyres while they were teammates. Both are closely matched

Vettel - Very fast, but is he as good as people think ? My question mark over Vettel is this. He did ok at the end of last year in. At the start of this year he again was ok, but not as fast as people expected. Then, the second the new car came he started to blow his teammate away. This leads me to wonder can Vettel only drive a car that has certain charteristics ? Vettel loved the car. His teammate hated it. Before this his teammate was faster. After this Vettel was faster. Can his performances this year be put down to a mixture of the car suiting him and really not suiting his teammate ? Great drivers can drive anything fast. Look at Schmuacher and Alonso. They were always faster than their teammates regardless of wheather they liked the car or not. Will Vettel be great? Only time will tell. I hope he is.

Kubica - Very fast. Had issues with last years car. How fast is he compared to Alonso and Lewis ? Possibly on the same level. I have a similar problem with him as with Vettel. Last year Kubica was very similar to Hedifield. Not going to repeat the above

Kimi - I think that Kimi is very fast. Will he be considered a great driver ? Is he on the same level as Alonso and Lewis ? I was unsure, but now I think he isn't. The reason is simple. He could not drive around this years car that didnt suit him and extract the best out of it. I GUARENTEE if Schmuacher was driving this years Ferrari, he would have won the world title. I think most people agree. I remember reading a book by Eddie Irvine years ago. He said that in Early testing one year, Schmuacher was driving the car for weeks. He was doing amazing time. Irvine got into it for the first time. He couldnt do a time near Michaels. He got back to garage and told the engineers that there was an issue with the new suspension. Sure enough there was a flaw. Irvine could not drive around this flaw. Schmuacher, didnt see it as a flaw but as something to work around and adapted his style. This to me is a sign of greatness. Kimi does not seem to have it. Kimi is very fast and brave, but is he on the exact level as Alonso and Lewis. I dont think so. If I was a team manager I would take Lewis or Alonso before him. I could be wrong about Kimi. It may be that he doesn't really care about F1 anymore, and thats why the extra few tenths have gone !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

I'll quote the following from PlanetF1.com (for those who weren't aware & then pick up your point):

Anthony Hamilton has spoken of the ill-will and abuse directed towards his son Lewis in the build-up to last Sunday's title showdown in Brazil.

In the days leading up to the season finale the McLaren driver was racially abused on a Spanish website, earning the condemnation of both the FIA and the British government.

However, the abuse later got up close and personal as two Brazilian comedians insulted Lewis during a press conference before handing him a toy black cat - a symbol of bad luck in the eyes of the Brazilian people.

It didn't stop with Lewis, though, as his brother Nick was also handed a black cat as he entered the hotel where the family was staying.

www.en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081102101918.shtml

This link quotes Massa as saying it was a sporting joke.

It also refers to the same to comedians giving rubens a tortoise two years ago and calling him slow. I suppose that was racist as well.

No wait. Rubens is white, and his daddy did'nt cry about it all week.

Yeah but it was a BLACK cat and Lewis is BLACK.

Must be the Illuminati behind it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

thegoth wrote: »

Yes. I totally agree. I thought it was a discrace and very unprofessional the way he left Renault. In all the years Kimi was with McLaren and all the reliability problems he had, I dont think i ever heard him complain in public about the team

I now give Alonso the benefit of the doubt with the McLaren thing, but I dont like his default setting of blaming the team in public. I do however find it a welcome change to listen to someone who speaks his mind, but there is a line, and you shouldnt condem your team in public without a VERY good reason.

I think Alonso will end up at Ferrari, not because they want him but because they need him Not many drivers can match Hamintons speed, and Alonso is one of them. I was going to start a sperate thread about this today, but got disrupted. Basically, here it is.

If you look at all the drivers in F1 at the moment and compare them as racers to Lewis, how do they match up

Alonso - Just as fast. Maybe faster as it took him a while to get used to Bridgestone tyres while they were teammates. Both are closely matched

Vettel - Very fast, but is he as good as people think ? My question mark over Vettel is this. He did ok at the end of last year in. At the start of this year he again was ok, but not as fast as people expected. Then, the second the new car came he started to blow his teammate away. This leads me to wonder can Vettel only drive a car that has certain charteristics ? Vettel loved the car. His teammate hated it. Before this his teammate was faster. After this Vettel was faster. Can his performances this year be put down to a mixture of the car suiting him and really not suiting his teammate ? Great drivers can drive anything fast. Look at Schmuacher and Alonso. They were always faster than their teammates regardless of wheather they liked the car or not. Will Vettel be great? Only time will tell. I hope he is.

Kubica - Very fast. Had issues with last years car. How fast is he compared to Alonso and Lewis ? Possibly on the same level. I have a similar problem with him as with Vettel. Last year Kubica was very similar to Hedifield. Not going to repeat the above

Kimi - I think that Kimi is very fast. Will he be considered a great driver ? Is he on the same level as Alonso and Lewis ? I was unsure, but now I think he isn't. The reason is simple. He could not drive around this years car that didnt suit him and extract the best out of it. I GUARENTEE if Schmuacher was driving this years Ferrari, he would have won the world title. I think most people agree. I remember reading a book by Eddie Irvine years ago. He said that in Early testing one year, Schmuacher was driving the car for weeks. He was doing amazing time. Irvine got into it for the first time. He couldnt do a time near Michaels. He got back to garage and told the engineers that there was an issue with the new suspension. Sure enough there was a flaw. Irvine could not drive around this flaw. Schmuacher, didnt see it as a flaw but as something to work around and adapted his style. This to me is a sign of greatness. Kimi does not seem to have it. Kimi is very fast and brave, but is he on the exact level as Alonso and Lewis. I dont think so. If I was a team manager I would take Lewis or Alonso before him. I could be wrong about Kimi. It may be that he doesn't really care about F1 anymore, and thats why the extra few tenths have gone !!

Your driver assessments there .... spot on. Although, I personally would throw Sutil into the mix, as in GP-2 he was bloody quick, & I really don't think there is a decent support environment for him where he is, nor for Glock at Toyota.

Kimi's slump came when Ferrari changed some of the fundamentals of the car, & he couldn't get on with it - however, they reverted some changes for him & he's fine again...... he's frighteningly quick when he has one of his moments, but throw him a curveball & he goes vodka hunting & for a Sunday drive .....

Kubica, I think is another Alonso in terms of his washing dirty linen in public, & it is no wonder they get on so well. Whining about BMW not doing enough to help him challenge for a WDC was a retarded move in such a young career.

Vettel - scary scary scary!!!!!! If his improvement keeps on an upcurve, the rest of the field including Lewis should right **** themselves in fear!!!!

I had high hopes for Nico Rosberg, but that Williams is just not doing him any friggin favors.

Oh & you're soooo bloody right about Michael had he been driving that Ferrari this season - but then again, he is SUPER BLOODY special!

brim4brim wrote: »
    See, you can still dislike the guy because of the way he portrays himself in public and say he is an arrogant pr*ck if he is acting like an arrogant pr*ck in front of cameras.

It all comes back to:
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I would call it a duck.

If Hamilton walks like a a** and talks like an a** in public and that's all I see of him then I will think he is an a** until he shows he isn't an a**.

Especially when I'm just having fun and deciding who'll I'll support for the drivers championship.

Your whole arguement is pointless. Should we all just view the drivers as robots until we meet and hang out with them in real life. That'll make the championship more interesting :rolleyes:

My argument pointless? I think you'll find it's the other way around there kid.

your argument SHOULD be 'His media persona annoys the ever loving **** out of me', not 'Lewis Hamilton is an ass' - cos again, you don't know Lewis Hamilton, only what you see from what he says/does in the media, which is BUSINESS.

How hard is it to understand that simple fundamental difference, or are you one of those special people in their early twenties who is just generally friggin touched??

Catcher86 wrote: »
    en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081102101918.shtml

This link quotes Massa as saying it was a sporting joke.

It also refers to the same to comedians giving rubens a tortoise two years ago and calling him slow. I suppose that was racist as well.

No wait. Rubens is white, and his daddy did'nt cry about it all week.

Calling someone slow & wishing them misfortune are two different things.

But I suppose those people with their little website calling for people to find ways to help Lewis crash out on track were 'only having a laugh'?

The sooner people like you realise that very very sinister elements have been creeping in at F-1 events (especially from some Spanish f-1 fan elements & Alonso Fanboys) that really & truly need sorting out - holding up signs at events with slogans such as 'We hope you die Lewis Hamilton' is totally outrageous, & I'm sorry - but it all feeds in from the same Lewis Hamilton hatred machine, which all feeds into this, and I'm sorry - but :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/lewishamilton/3288247/Lewis-Hamilton-subject-of-racist-abuse-ahead-of-the-Brazilian-Grand-Prix-Formula-One.html

this says it all ^^

So, those of you who wish to keep your blinkers on & say 'oh nothing is happening, there's no racism or abuse being aimed at hamilton', I'd suggest you wake up, smell some coffee & realise that one day, if this is not sorted out - someone will attend an event & something absolutely terrible could happen, & don't say it could never ...... performers have been shot on stage at gigs, & crazy irish nutcases run out in front of F-1 cars on circuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I'm black and I dislike Lewis Hamilton.

Because he's black.

But really, I just dont like the guy based on what I've seen/heard from him. What does it matter why? I'm not calling into question his talent, just my opinion of him. I'm allowed have an opinion of him, right?

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »
    I'm allowed have an opinion of him, right?

ooooh - another person who twists what I said ...... oh keep them coming, I couldn't ask for more golden reasons to sit here in total amusement at petty Boardsies...........

a) I never said people couldn't have an opinion
    b) I have clarified repeatedly people's opinions were incorrectly stated & based on a lack of possession of any real facts etc

I'll clarify once more so your ickle brain can take in the crux of my argument which so many of you seem so incapable of either understanding:

PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE HAMILTON AND SAY HE IS ARROGANT OR TOO COCKY ARE BASING THAT OPINION ON HIS MEDIA PERSONA/WORK PERSONA/GAME FACE, NOT WHO HE ACTUALLY IS AS A HUMAN BEING AWAY FROM WORK, AS THEY WILL NEVER KNOW THAT PERSON - SO ANY OPINIONS OF HIM AS A PERSON ARE INCORRECTLY MADE

Gettit?
    Gottit?
    Good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Why can't you all just accept other people's opinions (for what they are) and move on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I did consider Glock and Trulli. For me, Glock hasn't done enough yet to be considered one of the hot properties. Very good second half of the season. If he continues like this, he will be up there.

Sutil - I actually started to type about him. My problem with Sutil is that he is VERY VERY quick on slow tight tracks like Monaco, but on the faster aero tracks he is very similar or slower to Fisi. To be considered in the same vein as Alonso, Kubica, and Vetter, I think he needs to be faster that fisi by .2 or .3 seconds on almost every track

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Why can't you all just accept other people's opinions (for what they are) and move on?

Why - because this is how **** gets out of hand, & spirals to the point some deluded douchebag somewhere crosses a line & someone gets seriously hurt.

I'll point to what happened to ex-Pantera guitarist Darrell Lance Abbott (better known as Dimebag Darrell) who was shot in the head while performing on stage by a nutcase who was screaming at him blaming him for the break-up of Pantera, & I can guarantee you there were a ton of people like that guy on forums ranting about how they 'disliked Darrell' for 'breaking up Pantera', & regardless of it - it all feeds in.

People can dislike whoever the **** they want, but dislking for retarded reasons & stating you dislike someone & making it about personal reasons when you don't know them is the height of ignorance, not to mention decency.

Some day some 'whining internet fanboy' is going to feed into some nutcase from the same group of fanboys & something far more sinister than a guitarist being shot on stage in the head will happen.

We've seen copycat school murders happening & they started as 'internet rants'. I'm sorry if people find that an extremist view point on it, but these thing alwys start small & we live in a world of hugely disenfranchised looper nutcases who make colossal leaps from small petty rants to far more sinister & deviant acts, & while the majority of bluster about person X, Y or Z remains as just that - some other ****ing nutjob is reading that somewhere, & that's feeding & fuelling an eventuality.

And no, the internet is NOT to blame, nor are people for having opinions. But we're past the days of having flippant opinions, especially in an era of trans-global communication & where mental health deterioration is so rampant & fanaticism on mind bogglingly growing scales.
    And no, it's not about net policing either - it's about clarifying opinions, & I'm sorry - on this site there's enough people who will ask you to 'cite' or 'post proof' - so why is clarifying people's opinions any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Sorry, you don't know him - none of us do. You don't know his 'personality'. You like the rest of us sees his 'game face' & his 'race bravado'. This is what sports people do & even successful business people do; have a business face & persona, & a private one. When you know him personally, & what he is like in private, you & everyone else can then claim you 'dislike his personality'. People saying they dislike him because of his personality is the EXACT same as people 'hating the heel in wrestling'; IT'S A PERSONA, not necessarily the person's real private personality.
    However, Alonso is a rattle thrower. Towards the end of his season with Renault before bouncing to McLaren, he whined to the press his team were not supporting his bid to become world champion because he was leaving.

Ha ha ha you sir are a clown, you complain that people don't know Hamilton so they cant comment on what he says in the press, yet you seem to have a comment on everyone, how do you know Alonso is a rattle thrower and not putting it on. I know why because it fits your world view. If anyone one is a bigot on this thread it is you sir. You have mentioned Spanish people several times in a negative fashion .i.e they're all racist.
    His family members at the race & at the hotel in brazil were given black cats (signs of bad luck) by press people

This is the sadest thing I have ever read. How is this racist or evil? Herbert got a box of rabbit feet and horse shoes years ago from the team because he was having bad luck, did you report him to FIA for getting unfair advantage? Both things were a joke, unless you believe in fairy tales that Black cats are unlucky?

You obviously are in love with Lewis and this is clouding your judgement/common sense. Not one person on here said they hate Lewis because he eats fried chicken, he looked at a white woman, skin is too dark or any other stereotype , they all said it because of the way he goes on "I was walking it", "monkeys at the back" etc.
    Some day some 'whining internet fanboy' is going to feed into some nutcase from the same group of fanboys & something far more sinister than a guitarist being shot on stage in the head will happen.

How old are you? 12? Was has this got to do with Hamilton. I heard on another forum some said Gerry Ryan is a tool, he better get armed security now because it's only a matter of time before some nutjob reads it and shoots him........

You should take some of your own advise and
    stfu

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Ha ha ha you sir are a clown, you complain that people don't know Hamilton so they cant comment on what he says in the press, yet you seem to have a comment on everyone, how do you know Alonso is a rattle thrower and not putting it on. I know why because it fits your world view. If anyone one is a bigot on this thread it is you sir. You have mentioned Spanish people several times in a negative fashion .i.e they're all racist.

I referred to factual events where Spanish Alonso fans were involved & referred to them specifically, not a nation generically. Sorry, I never said the Spanish were racist,you sir obviously can't read & read what you wanted to. I'd recommend Specsavers, I hear they can do wonders quite cheaply to help those of problematic vision such as yourself.

Oh & my quote about Alonso 'rattle-throwing' - rule one in business (which is what F-1 is - a high speed mobile advertising business) is never wash your dirty linen in public, especially from within your own company. It's poor accumen & poor form, & despicable. That being said, Fernando is probably a great person at home, who is impeccably mannered, & good to his family friends etc. But when it comes to conducting himself in his business, he brings personal grudges into things, & it goes beyond business. Many commentators have said this about him. He takes everything so personally, unlike Schumacher who went about everything while on the job in a professional manner, & would never be so disrespectful towards his team so publicly, especially in a bid to 'have your own way'.
    This is the saddest thing I have ever read. How is this racist or evil? Herbert got a box of rabbit feet and horse shoes years ago from the team because he was having bad luck, did you report him to FIA for getting unfair advantage? Both things were a joke, unless you believe in fairy tales that Black cats are unlucky?
    Black cats in Brazilian culture have more significance, & perhaps if you understood cultural symbolisms etc, you'd get that, & it is part of a string of things being levelled at a person & their family from zealous, sinister behaviour for reasons that go beyond acceptible. It is no different than the old mafia tradition of sticking a horses head in people's beds. I'm sure in some countries it might have one context & not be seen as sinister but in Italy, it's crystal clear.
    You obviously are in love with Lewis and this is clouding your judgement/common sense. Not one person on here said they hate Lewis because he eats fried chicken, he looked at a white woman, skin is too dark or any other stereotype , they all said it because of the way he goes on "I was walking it", "monkeys at the back" etc.
    again, visit specsavers, yet again your inability to read is astounding & to see what you want to see despite it being printed in front of your god damned face on a screen inches from said face ....... applaudable, that your mind can create such fiction....... I'd recommend a job in The Sun or another toilet paper media outlet, as they twist facts & see what they want to see for reporting purposes, but then again - they're getting paid. And as for your assumption that 'I love lewis', sorry - but my favorite driver is currently sitting his arse in a **** car at the back of the grid wasting away (and it is Sutil for the record).

How old are you? 12? Was has this got to do with Hamilton. I heard on another forum some said Gerry Ryan is a tool, he better get armed security now because it's only a matter of time before some nutjob reads it and shoots him........

You should take some of your own advise and stfu

right, grow up & go see something called the real world, where most of us live - you should visit sometime, or maybe you have to be home before 7 for your medication?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You have mentioned Spanish people several times in a negative fashion .i.e they're all racist.
    Well there are currently a particularly high proportion of muppets from Spain at sporting events getting involved in racist abuse.

The FIA is concerned about racist abuse from Spanish motor racing "fans", FIFA is concerned about racist abuse from Spanish football "fans" and there are more than likely incidents around other sports as well that are just not as highly publicised around the world.

robinph wrote: »
    Well there are currently a particularly high proportion of muppets from Spain at sporting events getting involved in racist abuse.

The FIA is concerned about racist abuse from Spanish motor racing "fans", FIFA is concerned about racist abuse from Spanish football "fans" and there are more than likely incidents around other sports as well that are just not as highly publicised around the world.

Also worth a mention is the contraversy the Spanish basketball team got caught up in prior to the Bejing games where thy posed in a publicity photo pulling at their eyes 'slanting them', & there was some uproar over it.

Not to mention, the Spanish media's love of ensuring that anyone non-spanish referenced in a media article is listed by any defining characterists; i.e. the 'Jewish businessman', or referring to groups of Black people as 'Negritos' or Chinese people as 'Chinitos' or indeed Arabs as 'Moros'. The fact that this is pretty open in their media, indicates a general acceptance of racism, BUT - doesn't mean every last single person or a majority or otherwise of an entire nation of countless millions are in fact racists.

But sporting events & racism & Spanish fans are being mentioned far more frequently in recent years, & there have been calls for boycots of football events in Spain by some sports people who have endured racist abuse there. Maybe Robinph is right, & it happens everywhere just not reported as much ...... Anti-racism campaigners in Spain widely acknowledge that tackling racism in Spain is nigh on impossible because it is so deep seated in their culture & society, & that it was something that was rampant throughout the country. So people can take that however - but it doesn't mean Spain as a nation is a card carrying racism machine.

But just to top it off, the US Olympic team made a video of a guy dressed up as a bullfighter. The Spanish press thought that it was offensive & went to town on it. Go figure. :rolleyes:

rule one in business (which is what F-1 is - a high speed mobile advertising business) is never wash your dirty linen in public

This is just a matter of opinion not a fact. Lots of sports personality do it, Ronaldo for instance? Hasn't worked out too bad for his "business". It may be bad form both no worse than calling people monkeys and bragging about having races already won. The team threated him like crap, he knew he was leaving so why be quiet?
    Black cats in Brazilian culture have more significance...It is no different than the old mafia tradition of sticking a horses head in people's beds

This is where you prove your genius, there is a massive difference between breaking into someone's house and sticking a head in a bed and handing someone a toy cat in a press conference!! Why didn't Hamilton go into protective custody if it is an open threat on his life? Why aren't the people arrested. I know why, and I'm sure everyone else on here does too.
    And as for your assumption that 'I love lewis'

Well you posted over ten times on thread countering he is not a jackass with the weak arguement we're all racists and/or jealous. Therefore you must have him in high regard. Where is my delusion in that?
    right, grow up & go see something called the real world, where most of us live

You live in a fantasy world (where Hamilton is always naked no doubt). You said (paraphrasing) threads like this caused a musician to be killed by a nutjob and any negative comments about someone can get them killed. So I mocked you by giving an example of a celeb who people don't like and some nutjob might kill in your eyes. No one on here suggested Hamilton should be killed so your bring everything down to your view of the world again Walter Mitty. We shouldn't talk about anyone incase some loon takes it seriously and acts on it. Well lets shut down every forum on boards, just to be safe?

Yes it is cronic over there, look at most of the football games, Spain vs England and Atletico Madrid recently never mind F1. But since (I presume) noone here is from Spain or were involved in any of the incidents it is irrevant to this thread, that was my point.

• Advertisement

You live in a fantasy world (where Hamilton is always naked no doubt). You said (paraphrasing) threads like this caused a musician to be killed by a nutjob and any negative comments about someone can get them killed. So I mocked you by giving an example of a celeb who people don't like and some nutjob might kill in your eyes. No one on here suggested Hamilton should be killed so your bring everything down to your view of the world again Walter Mitty. We shouldn't talk about anyone incase some loon takes it seriously and acts on it. Well lets shut down every forum on boards, just to be safe?

funny how your first thought there was Hamilton naked ......... :rolleyes:

'Walter Mitty' - I lol'd so much I think a lil pee came out .....

Seriously Alice, your pathetic, misinformed, delusional, blinkered, naive, simplistic view of things makes me want to live in your Wonderland. :D

Then again:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4457477,00.html

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4462156,00.html

Guess if Bernie says it - it must all be true then .....

Any chance of a looking glass Alice??

Seriously Alice, your pathetic, misinformed, delusional, blinkered, naive, simplistic view of things makes me want to live in your Wonderland.

Good comeback, did you learn that on the playground today? What exactly did I say that was wrong? I make it simple for you, please elaborate so I can laugh and rebute:

Hamilton is arrogant, cocky and full of s**t?

People don't like Hamilton (on this forum) regardless of colour?

Drivers should be allowed critise anyone they want (well as much as any citizen should) e.g. team are crap, such a driver is dangerous etc?

Hamilton will not be killed by a nut who reads negative comments about him?

Good comeback, did you learn that on the playground today? What exactly did I say that was wrong? I make it simple for you, please elaborate so I can laugh and rebute:

Hamilton is arrogant, cocky and full of s**t?

People don't like Hamilton (on this forum) regardless of colour?

Drivers should be allowed critise anyone they want (well as much as any citizen should) e.g. team are crap, such a driver is dangerous etc?

Hamilton will not be killed by a nut who reads negative comments about him?

I'd respond but I'd be afraid of being banned for berating a retard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

lets face it the reason you dont like hamilton is that he is english, if he had been irish i am sure you would love him

getz wrote: »
    lets face it the reason you dont like hamilton is that he is english, if he had been irish i am sure you would love him

No actually, if you go thru Alice's threads on Boards.ie about Hamilton, you'd see he reads interviews about Hamilton, & watches interviews about or with him & Ron ..... when he can choose to change the channel, or not read it. Interesting really - either he loves Hamilton really, or is an attention seeking webwhore.

Reminds me of that line by Holden McNeal in Jay & Silent Bob Strike's back:

"A web site for militant movie buffs. Sad, pathetic b******s still living in their parent's basements downloading scripts and passing off what they believe to be insider information and ranting about movies and stars they claim to hate yet can't stop talking about."

Alice there I think is one of those types ........ wonder if she's a Ginger living in a basement too...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

you mean ;;we don;t necessarily discriminate.-we simply exclude certain types of people ---some daft amercian general

• Advertisement

getz wrote: »
    you mean ;;we don;t necessarily discriminate.-we simply exclude certain types of people ---some daft amercian general

LMFAO :D:D:D:D:D

I'd respond but I'd be afraid of being banned for berating a retard.

In other words you don't have a clue.
    No actually, if you go thru Alice's threads on Boards.ie about Hamilton, you'd see he reads interviews about Hamilton, & watches interviews about or with him & Ron ..... when he can choose to change the channel, or not read it. Interesting really - either he loves Hamilton really, or is an attention seeking webwhore.

I watch everything that is Formula 1, why should I have to change the channel? By that logic why are you responding to the thread, if you don't like it don't read it. Proof yet again what you really are.
    "A web site for militant movie buffs. Sad, pathetic b******s still living in their parent's basements downloading scripts and passing off what they believe to be insider information and ranting about movies and stars they claim to hate yet can't stop talking about."

Forget the looking glass, it's the mirror your using :rolleyes:

Posted on Crash.net & Yahoo last week:
    Ron Dennis has dismissed any concerns that McLaren-Mercedes or Lewis Hamilton will be distracted by racial taunts as they go for the 2008 title in Brazil this weekend.

McLaren-Mercedes principal Ron Dennis insists neither the team nor Lewis Hamilton will be remotely distracted by the emergence of a website that has directed racist abuse towards its title challenger.

Reports in the media have flagged up a website, originating in Spain, where posters have been able to leave messages of derision against Hamilton, with a considerable number of posters angling derogatory racial comments towards the first black driver to compete in Formula 1.

It comes ahead of this season's final race in Brazil, where Hamilton needs to finish fifth or higher to become the youngest ever Formula 1 title winner.
    However, Dennis is refusing to let the furore cloud their weekend's goals, insisting they will simply 'rise above it' and not allow themselves to be distracted.

"Of course I am aware of the site's existence. I haven't looked at any of the material. To be honest, one of the few things that gives you some sort of an advantage of age - which is unfortunately what I have, age - is that you experience throughout your lifetime all sorts of pressure groups throughout the world who, through freedom of speech, are allowed to express their views. Again, you just have to rise above it. If it is, in any shape or form, designed to distract the team or Lewis, it certainly is not going to do so."
    Going on to speak about what he considers the right course of action to take against the abuse, Dennis insists it is not the task of McLaren to solely tackle what is a wider issue.

"Really it's not for us to take action against these people; in some instances it's governments and in some instances it's organisations that are designed specifically to address these issues in this world but it's certainly not a Grand Prix team.

"It's certainly not McLaren and we refuse to be drawn into something which is widespread through this world in different ways. As I said, it is not going to distract us from our objectives and it's certainly not going to distract Lewis.

Coming in the year that the FIA set up the 'Racing Against Racism' initiative in the wake of the racist activity during pre-season testing, fellow team bosses Stefan Domenicali, Flavio Briatore and Mario Theissen have also come out in disgust regarding the abuse.

"I don't want to give too much publicity to these guys," Ferrari's Domenicali said. "The more we speak and the more we give them the chance to speak… so I think it's common sense alone because there's no need to say anything. It's not a problem for Lewis, it's a problem for the world, to be respectful of everyone.

"The same position, the same position as Stefano and Ron," added Renault manager Briatore. "It's disgraceful. We're in a sport and it's possible fighting Sunday together but it's completely disgraceful."

In other words you don't have a clue.

I watch everything that is Formula 1, why should I have to change the channel? By that logic why are you responding to the thread, if you don't like it don't read it. Proof yet again what you really are.

Forget the looking glass, it's the mirror your using :rolleyes:

Alice ...... someone got your panties in a twist good didn't they. But don't you worry there, cos this is puberty & it'll all eventually work itself out. But you keep telling yourself that, cos I'm quaking on my keyboard right now ....... mwah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh you guys!!!

• Advertisement

Alice ...... someone got your panties in a twist good didn't they. But don't you worry there, cos this is puberty & it'll all eventually work itself out. But you keep telling yourself that, cos I'm quaking on my keyboard right now ....... mwah!

Translation: I don't have an idea what I'm talking about, I have double standards on everything, I keep posting links to other people's opinion on things but not the people on the forum in question to hide the fact I'm in over my head. I try to associate my opponent with "Alice" in order to make me look better like Palin did with "Terrorist" to Obama, which is Ironic as I have Vote Obama in my sig, but that just another example of my double standards.

Translation: I don't have an idea what I'm talking about, I have double standards on everything, I keep posting links to other people's opinion on things but not the people on the forum in question to hide the fact I'm in over my head. I try to associate my opponent with "Alice" in order to make me look better like Palin did with "Terrorist" to Obama, which is Ironic as I have Vote Obama in my sig, but that just another example of my double standards.

Keep going - anything else you'd like to add Alice? God you're so witty, when i grow up I wanna be just like you, post like you, & have half a brain like you & live in a narrow little world where shout at the TV & dislike 'characters on the TV'......... oh & be a nasty, dirty little bigot to, which is what you really are, which evenw hen you're little half filled head has touched it's pillow to have a snooze, will still the following morning be owned by a bigot who hides behind snide comments to hide that bigotry.

EDIT: god, I'm finding this far more entertaining than Jerry Springer.

EDIT: god, I'm finding this far more entertaining than Jerry Springer.

Aye trolling can be great fun.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not when you are banned for it. Venom needs a cookie and a little lie down and will be back in 2 weeks.

DeV.

Keep going - anything else you'd like to add Alice? God you're so witty, when i grow up I wanna be just like you, post like you, & have half a brain like you & live in a narrow little world where shout at the TV & dislike 'characters on the TV'......... oh & be a nasty, dirty little bigot to, which is what you really are, which evenw hen you're little half filled head has touched it's pillow to have a snooze, will still the following morning be owned by a bigot who hides behind snide comments to hide that bigotry.

Still waiting for you to answer. In order to prevent more trolling I won't post anything else on this thread until you answer my questions.

Still waiting for you to answer. In order to prevent more trolling I won't post anything else on this thread until you answer my questions.
    He's going to find that a *touch* hard to be fair.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

ibanez777vbk - OP Here.

1) If you went through the bother of actually READING this thread, you would see that I retracted my remarks many many pages ago about why I dislike Lewis. I do find his brother annoying and it had NOTHING to do with his "disability". I even explain what his disability is. He basically suffers from uncontrollable muscle spasms. My op was basically just a rant as I was sooo annoyed that Massa didnt win. I dislike Lewis becuase he is so arrogant and does not seem to care about anyone other than his him and his immedite family. Other drivers I dislike are Piquet Jun, and Scott Speed. I know speed isnt driving in F1 anymore. Lets hope he joins speed driving bath tubs on wheels next year !! Ok, the reason I dont like Piquet Jun, is while he was Renault tester, he was always saying how is was faster than Fisi ..... I thought it showed alot of disrespect and lack of class. Turns out he isnt near the driver fisi was. Dont like speed because of the way he treated the talked to his team members. I remember one time he came on the radio during a pit stop that was botched, and announced that someones head was soing to roll for this. Turned out to be his :-)

2) I am not a goth. I am actually from a farm and am the furthest thing from a gith you can imagine. I setup that name as a joke.

3) I actually got some ass at 1:00 this morning

4) So stick that up your pipe and sit on it.

Please read in thread before posting

Jesus didnt have to tell us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Do you know what cerebral palsy is ? Basically it means that you sometimes have muscle spasms .....

You obviously dont.

Basically muscle spasms??? There's a hell of a lot more to it than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

Calling someone slow & wishing them misfortune are two different things.

But I suppose those people with their little website calling for people to find ways to help Lewis crash out on track were 'only having a laugh'?

The sooner people like you realise that very very sinister elements have been creeping in at F-1 events (especially from some Spanish f-1 fan elements & Alonso Fanboys) that really & truly need sorting out - holding up signs at events with slogans such as 'We hope you die Lewis Hamilton' is totally outrageous, & I'm sorry - but it all feeds in from the same Lewis Hamilton hatred machine, which all feeds into this, and I'm sorry - but :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/lewishamilton/3288247/Lewis-Hamilton-subject-of-racist-abuse-ahead-of-the-Brazilian-Grand-Prix-Formula-One.html

this says it all ^^

So, those of you who wish to keep your blinkers on & say 'oh nothing is happening, there's no racism or abuse being aimed at hamilton', I'd suggest you wake up, smell some coffee & realise that one day, if this is not sorted out - someone will attend an event & something absolutely terrible could happen, & don't say it could never ...... performers have been shot on stage at gigs, & crazy irish nutcases run out in front of F-1 cars on circuits.

Of course those signs are outrageous. But the spanish make up one small percentage of f1 fans. Within that percentage there is a minority who who may have racist views regardless of whether they are looking for notoriety or not. Some of them probably are'nt even f1 fans.
    Look at the racism the black players playing for english premiership clubs have had there when playing champions league matches. They only stopped when they punished clubs by playing matches behind closed doors. A definate option for f1 in spain if needs be.
    This is a spanish problem, not a F1 problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Just goes to show how short people's memories are..

Schuie, every one thought he was almost a german thug, pushing Hill, Viileneuve off the road, parking across the road at Monaco.. the weight business, the traction control cheat..

Then David Coulthard, every season saying this was going to be the one he won the championship, then but every season..

The Brits love to hate the heros.. feet of clay and all that..

Lewis Hamilton apart from the talent is an exercise in Public Relations, positive to the point of being almost frightening, programmed to be relaxed and friendly to the interviewer, who ever they are and what ever questions they ask..

The FIA thursday press conference included the three anti hamilton drivers and lewis.. he handled it very well, but walking away it was noted the hard grin... that was before the Chinese when he kicked butt.

Lewis is his father alter ego and doing all the thing his father wanted to do.

Hopefully, he can develop as an individual...... hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

this thread has gotten away from what it was supposed to be about.here is why i dont like hamilton and hope he never wins another championship.

.1.hes got the personality of a shrub
    .2.debut season,gets in one of the top two teams,jammy
    .3.gets number one car ahead of a double world champion,jammy
    .4.ridiculous comparisons to the best driver of all time,schumacher,he'll never come close.schuie started in jordan,won two titles with benetton all before going to a top team.
    .5.james allen,enough said.
    .6.spy scandal,his performance in his debut season will forever be tainted,as will mcclarens
    .7.all these people who never watched a formula one race a day in there lives before saying ''i hope hamilton wins'',why?hes a good enough driver,but i wonder how much of a factor is that theres no top class drivers in formula one right now,an thats a fact.massa isnt even that good and it took hamilton the last corner on the last race to SNATCH it from him.what we used to have was the 5 cars stuck in the last five places,the top two drivers were world class and everyting in between was average to good.what we have now is a whole bunch of average to good drivers.hamiltons good,hes not great.hakkinen was a good opponent,massa is chump change in comparison.

8.who wants to see close ups of his family that take up 5-10minutes of the race build up?bringing people like pharrell and others,whys that??

and duh to the person who said that the fella given out about hamilton was jealous,thats a classic arguement for somebody with nothing real to say.everybodies jealous a hamilton,youd be crazy not to be.im also jealous of every other driver,every test driver,every mechanic and everybody else involved on race weekend in some way.

get yeer heads outa yeer asses and englis media and see f1 and hamilton for what they are.not what allen and the wole english media tells yee

and forget the race thing.some spanish are racist,get over it.yee gonna use the race card to cover up the fact hamiltons a plank.

glad to be a help,im sure iv more reasons.the whole things is starting to put me off f1.was a fan of schumacher from benetton on.kept supporting ferrari but its hard to keep supporting them with massa being so distinctly average and raikonnen going backwards if anything.im just hoping vettel has a good year with red bull and moves to ferrari as maybe second driver and work from there.apparently he said his dream is to drive for ferrari.i think he learned go-karting at the same track michael and ralf learned.I can really see him being the next superstar of f1

pinder wrote: »
    glad to be a help,im sure iv more reasons.the whole things is starting to put me off f1.was a fan of schumacher from benetton on.kept supporting ferrari but its hard to keep supporting them with massa being so distinctly average and raikonnen going backwards if anything.im just hoping vettel has a good year with red bull and moves to ferrari as maybe second driver and work from there.apparently he said his dream is to drive for ferrari.i think he learned go-karting at the same track michael and ralf learned.I can really see him being the next superstar of f1

Where is this karting track? I'd like to do a few laps and become a F1 world champ myself :P

Sorry just the way the post read to me at the end that it was because they started on this track that they are all potential world champions.

I agree with most of the things you have said too. I think anyone that spins a Ferrari 5 times ?? in the British GP shouldn't even be a world championship contender let alone almost win and being beaten in the last corner.

It was exciting TV though :D At least until I remembered I didn't want either of them to win :mad:

brim4brim wrote: »
    I agree with most of the things you have said too. I think anyone that spins a Ferrari 5 times ?? in the British GP shouldn't even be a world championship contender let alone almost win and being beaten in the last corner.

It's been pointed out a LOT of times around here and elsewhere that at that point in the season the Ferrari was near to undriveable in the rain.

didnt mean the karting thing like that,i just found it interesting he learned at the same place as schumi.the german press have started calling him ''baby schumi'',hes called that ridiculous.rightly so,hate when they say ''so and so is the next schumacher'' or ''so and so is the next maradona'',way too much pressure for anybody

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I agree that massa is very average compared to past Ferrari drivers however just because somebody spins 5 times doesnt mean they are useless. We dont know the full story, his car may have been undrivable. His team mates car may have been fine, but considering how complicated F1 cars are it doesnt take much to upset the balance of them so his car may have been pretty tricky to drive! I think I read a comment from massa saying that even the smallest amount of throttle and his gave just gave way.
    amacachi wrote: »
    It's been pointed out a LOT of times around here and elsewhere that at that point in the season the Ferrari was near to undriveable in the rain.

I'm sure it was near undriveable but I'm also sure a better driver would have managed it better.

For the second best driver in the world to spin what is considered to be one of the top cars 5 times in a single race is unacceptable.

For the record I still would have preferred to see Massa win over Hamilton although partly because of the ITV coverage putting me off Hamilton.

I think Massa is a good driver and stepped up a lot after the British GP to race for the title but that was certainly the low point in his season and probably his career. I mean its a Ferrari, I would love to see Schumacher in the same conditions. I don't think he'd have spun 5 times (obviously we'll never know).

youd have to believe he would,he was able to drive at speeds in the rain like it was dry when everyone else was either spinning out or driving at regular cautious rain speeds.he was a phenomenon,itv never gave him the credit he deserved.always going on about his ruthless streak.people forget tat senna had a ruthless streak too and took out prost to win the championshipn.then they were always going on about barrichello letting im pass under team instructons however not a word was spoken about when coulthard was given orders to let hakkinen by in 98,williams did it in 94.they need to take the bias to mcclaren out of their coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I like Massa as a driver and i think he fully deserves his 2nd place in the championship and was very unlucky with the Team **** ups that cost him. I think he is the most improved driver in F1, I agree that he can be erratic and their is better drivers on the grid. I think massa relies heavily on confidence in the car/himself. If he is fast in practise/qualli he usually has a good race on the other side when he loses his confidence he has a poor race. He has driven quick in the wet before so i am willing to believe that silverstone was down to a poor car/setup for the wet i think kimi spun once or twice that day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ger.taxi

HI
    OVER THE YEARS A LOT OFF DRIVERS CAME ALONG, WE CANNOT LIKE THEM ALL. BUT LEWIS IS A GEM OF A DRIVER.. HE IS TOP NOTCH FOR HIS AGE, SO PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE,..
    I THINK U ARE A WEE BIT JEALOUS
    OR MAYBE A TYPICAL BAR STOOL RACER LIKE THE ONES I HAVE MET OVER THE YEARS.

CHEERS
    GER

PS..AM 50 THIS YEAR AND STILL INTERESTED, MY HERO WAS THE GREAT JACKIE STEWART

• Advertisement

ger.taxi wrote: »
    HI
    OVER THE YEARS A LOT OFF DRIVERS CAME ALONG, WE CANNOT LIKE THEM ALL. BUT LEWIS IS A GEM OF A DRIVER.. HE IS TOP NOTCH FOR HIS AGE, SO PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE,..
    I THINK U ARE A WEE BIT JEALOUS
    OR MAYBE A TYPICAL BAR STOOL RACER LIKE THE ONES I HAVE MET OVER THE YEARS.

CHEERS
    GER

PS..AM 50 THIS YEAR AND STILL INTERESTED, MY HERO WAS THE GREAT JACKIE STEWART
    CapsLock.jpg

Advertisement