Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why I Dislike Hamilton

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I was a big Hamilton fan when he came on the scene at first. He was a breath of fresh air tbh...young, confident, talented and with a real winning mentality.

I still admire his guts and desire to win (What other great driver could be described as courteous and gentleman like on the track? Maybe Fangio but he was something really special). His talent should not even be up for debate imo. He is immensely gifted and potentially one of the best ever.

Having said all that I find myself disliking him more and more as time goes on. His father absolutely does my head in...why give a shot of him looking smug every 5 laps? Ive seen more of him last season than some of the drivers:rolleyes: LH cant really be blamed for that but I just dont like the way he carries himself now. He especially gets on my nerves in press conferences. I think when it comes to sportspersons/teams you dont really need a solid reason to dislike someone.I just find myself identifying less and less with Lewis and hoping the likes of Kimi and Alonso win;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Depends if you like the ability of the driver or the baggage he brings with him..

The sheer drive, agression and control out weight the odd shots of the family... Maybe Beeb will do it differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I agree with most of what you posted except for the fact that all the upcoming drivers are "confident, talented and with a real winning mentality" if they didnt have all the above they wouldnt be in F1. They wouldnt even be in Formula Ford if they didnt have the above. Just look at Vettel who in my view is a better all round package and is apparently a very nice bloke to boot!

Thats a good point Lightning. I think its been a long time since F1 had such a pool of incredibly talented younger drivers.

I think it was just the manner in which Hamilton came onto the scene. Here was this Rookie, joining a team alongside the current world champion....a lot of people, including myself, were expecting him to play second fiddle, pick up a few points here and there and generally help Fernando out and all of a sudden he is competing for a world championship. That was a shock to me and it showed that if your good enough and have the right equipment you dont have to pay your dues in F1, you can be competitive from the off.

I also think LH comes across as a lot more tenacious and hungry than the other younger drivers. As you rightly point out thats probably not the case at all but it does come across that way.

Bottom line is the next few years in F1 should be very interesting with such a gifted crop of young drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i have new heroes. thegoth and jack, i tip my hats to ye. well reasoned arguments, AND listening to other people. wow! :D

anyway, i dislike hamilton because he has never had to work hard for anything. i disliked nico rosberg in 2006 for the same reason. felt he was handed the drive, simply because of his name. now, i respect him since he has dredged the depths and hopefully will come out the other side, much more mature and complete as a person. hamilton needs mclaren to build him a dog of a car for a year or two, fight for 8th-10th place with a good few reliability problems, and lets see his character build then. as much as i like the sport as driving skill and a sport, ive been watching for over 10 years, and enjoy the drama and "soap" stories that go on as well. like when you see alonso tear up behind fisichella you know hes going "come on come on when are ya gonna fall off the road?" or seeing raikkonen fly up behind him "ah no go away, ah damn"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

LH? Marmite?
    He's still going to win this years Championship!
    (.....and the pot is stirred! :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement