Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco buy one get one free on top ups.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I especially like the "meaning of life" clause at the end.
    Was thinking to myself, wow, of all places, tesco mobile with the answer to the ultimate question only to be disappointed by some more legal T and C. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Does this work with their free tesco to tesco calls & texts? Doesn't seem to mention it in any Ts&Cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No idea. I would imagine you would still need to purchase €20 a month to get the free Tesco-Tesco calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I dont know any Tesco Mobile customers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just looking through their price plans there - very good value. 20c/min to all Irish mobiles and landlines and 9c texts. Plus this top up offer.

I'm tempted to change over but I have those prices on Meteor anyway (older plan)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

This really is an exceptional offer. It easly places Tesco Mobile as the best value PAYG network.

For me it is just their poor roaming coverage which is a let down.
    Elessar wrote: »
    Just looking through their price plans there - very good value. 20c/min to all Irish mobiles and landlines and 9c texts. Plus this top up offer.

I'm tempted to change over but I have those prices on Meteor anyway (older plan)!

You may have these price on the old Meteor plan but you don't have the 2 for 1 with top ups. Depending on your usage that pushes the calls to 10c/min and texts to 4.5 c per text.

Great to see some really pre pay competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fungus wrote: »
    This really is an exceptional offer. It easly places Tesco Mobile as the best value PAYG network.

For me it is just their poor roaming coverage which is a let down.

You may have these price on the old Meteor plan but you don't have the 2 for 1 with top ups. Depending on your usage that pushes the calls to 10c/min and texts to 4.5 c per text.

Great to see some really pre pay competition.

Like all offers, it depends on your usage. 20e with O2, Voda or Meteor gets you unlimted texts. 20e on Tesco gets you about 500. 20e on Meteor, Vodafone gets you free on net calls and texts, and with Tesco, while you get free Tesco calls, that's as useful as a chocolate teapot with their current market share.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

chrislad wrote: »
    ........... while you get free Tesco calls, that's as useful as a chocolate teapot with their current market share.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

tescoMobileLogo.gif
    Any Tesco users, are they as good as 02?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes they are as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

I switched from O2 to Tesco Mobile recently - I was paying up to 49c per minute for calls and when I switched I got 20c per minute calls. Got text from Tesco Mobile yesterday about this top up offer - now it seems I'll really only be paying 10c per minute when I top up next time - saving a fortune compared to the previous 49c per minute rip off from O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Seems to be a very strong offer. 100% free on topup. Cant see any catches from end. Makes Tesco Mobile very attractive now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 34 clemyeats

Do they have 3G for data, or EDGE, or even GRPS? How much does it cost?

Clem

OK, apparently they don't do 3G, but they have GPRS and they charge 1c/KB for it.

They also sell GPRS bundles for 1 euro (3MB / 24 hours) or 4 euro (20MB / 7 days).

Clem

Oops.. cross-posted :)

Clem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Theres no catch.
    My mam bought 10 tesco credit and was given 20. Asked the girl at the till, theres no catch. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bond-007 wrote: »

There has to be a catch somewhere. It seems too good to be true.

The catch was you needed to find a tesco to top up and nobody on 3 could call you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Also you need to spend your normal credit first before you can use your free credit, the free credit only lasts 30 days and they have a min connection fee of 1min which is 20c everytime you get someones voicemail

Advertisement