Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Poachers Caught at Ramor

• 03-11-2008 2:45pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This report has been posted on several angling forums today.
    Any readers who have had the fishing on their local water damaged will be most interested:

Quote:
    >>Just thought I'd let whoever is interested know that there was a major incident on Lough Ramor today that had four fisheries board officers and members of An Garda Siochana attend. Fines and tackle confiscation took place and one car (a 08 Passat) with NO tax or insurance was impounded. It was a free for all until a couple of anglers (that I was supposed to meet and fish with today, but didn't get around to ) I know well had the initiative to call in the authorities after seeing fish get put into plastic bags and then all hell broke loose and the offenders were caught. Well done guys!! I won't divulge exact location of todays incident on here "live" but these guys were spotted all over the lake due to the fine weather but at least were caught at this location.

I may just add though:
    Please be vigilant if fishing Lough Ramor at any of the points while we have this good weather and please ensure you report any breaks of the law or what looks like it could happen as the FB officers are now well aware that this place is getting hammered and will be on hand to intervene (I'm sure). <<
    Unquote

Isn't it interesting to note that the same guys who (allegedly) poach fish, are also the same guys who (allegedly) can't/ won't insure an 08car? They seem to be consistent in their approach to everything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Absolutely true point. They are quite happy to break every law they possibly can to their own benefit. I'm delighted with this result and for the record it was myself who posted this story on those sites as I heard it first hand from the guys that fished there on Sunday (good mates of mine) and I would hope everybody will take the same stance on ratting these scumbags out and getting them fined for breaking the laws of our fisheries in this country! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

were the natives :eek: or "visitors" to the country do we know ?

Visitors, of the Eastern European variety. Par for the course tbh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

I usta do alot of corse and pike fishing in Ramor back in the day, im only getting back into it now and was wondering if Ramor is a public Lake or if not whee can i get my hands on a Licence to fish it, as i only live in Carnaross 10mins down the road and would love to do some pike fishing there, any info would be greatly appricated

Public water therefore no license required, however "catch & release" is expected and care must be taken when handling fish for obvious reasons. Hope that helps. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

yea thanks man, ive only ever done the Kells Easter Pike Competition there years ago and never knew if it was public, and dont worry i allways catch and release pike taste like crap :D

Advertisement