Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trains to Tralee

Options
  • 03-11-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

This might be the wrong forum for this but when are Iarnród Éireann replacing the old trains to Tralee? I thought I heard somewhere that they're going in before Christmas....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will be dependent on the availaibility of new sets - two 6-cars sets were damaged en-route from the manufacturers - and the training of drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

took a train back up to dublin after the hols from Tralee on Sunday and we had a new train from Tralee to Mallow whereby we then connected to the new intercity Cork to Dublin trains. The Tralee train was slightly different to the Cork-Dublin ones internally and all seats had electrical outlets to allow you plug in your laptops/phone chargers/softer lighting etc. Quite impressed actually.....not that they went any faster!

I meant the carriages had softer lighting unlike the harsh brightness of the 1980s trains which I always found too bright if you were trying to snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Had the new trains as well when I did a return trip to Tralee. They're a good bit more comfortable than the InterCity versions imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Cork-Dublin trains (Mark 4) are completely different to the trains used on Mallow-Tralee (22000).

Advertisement