Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Agency to sign up with?

• 03-11-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I haven't been looking for a while and with the proliferation of agencies I'm not sure who is best to talk to.
    I don't like any of them, but it's pretty much an necessary evil nowadays, I especially hate the pushy ones who refuse to accept your lack of interest in a position. I used the Institute last time round, but they don't have much of interest to me at present.
    I'm qualified 7/8 years, have worked in big 4 and small firms and have a fair bit of internal audit experience too.
    Basically what I would like to know is who you'd recommend to a friend and why, who seems to have the best selection of positions, would you recommend contacting firms en-spec (there are a few in my area who whilst maybe not advertising would possibly be interested).
    Finally, how is the market out there anyway?
    Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Howya glenbhoy,

I recommended a guy I know to a friend of mine who was looking to get back into practice he is a decent fella not pushy actually listens to what you want and then tells you what he has as apposed to the other way round.

I'll PM you his details coz i'm not sure if i included it here would be construed as advertising, don't want to upset the powers that be and all that

regards,
    Boom Boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

got that, thanks boom boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There is an excellent thread over in work and jobs dealing with people's experience of various agencies.

Personally I think applying directly would be more beneficial in the current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm 3 years qualified (from PwC) and looked for a job in Jan 08 (within industry) and would rate the Dublin agencies as follows (from personal experince):

1 - Hays
    2 - Accreate
    3 - Accountancy Solutions

Brightwater, Premier etc were awful but Hays by far had the largest range of clients.

I've friends looking at the moment and market appears to be very slow. I absolutely detest agencies but are a necessary evil but DO check direct application jobs like on monster.ie etc

PM me if I can help anymore - best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Personally I found Paula Mc Grath of McGrath Saunders was nice to deal with and had some interesting roles but that was 2.5yrs ago.
    More becuase of my interview skills I ended up taking a job through a different agent

• Advertisement
Advertisement