Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS (Garmin?)

• 03-11-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking for a nice cheap sat-nav either online or in the shops. Has to be easy to use and will be used mostly for Ireland and UK so I've been looking at the garmin nuvi 250:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/547403/art/garmin/nuvi-250-gps-for-europe.html €149 + Shipping

because I have used it before and I can update the maps easily enough.

Does anyone have a good price for one of these or have another suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

I have seen it in Galway Bricks and Mortar shops for that.

CarphoneWarehouse UK had it on their website for 69ukp last week - seems to be all gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Currys have a Garmin 200W (widescreen) on sale at the moment for €129.99

It comes with UK & Irl maps only, however Garmin have just released a new map update and you will get this free, you will also get a free upgrade to full European maps if you want them. You have to buy an SD card (approx. €15) to put the Euro maps on as the internal memory of the 200 is only big enough to store the UK & Irl maps.

invest4deepvalue.com

Komplett.ie have the Nuvi 250 for 129euro + PP

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334943

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

cheers for the replies...

will try currys for the 200w and then have a look online if that dosen't work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I forgot about this thread says that Halfords has the Garmin 250 for €129. Note: that's not the widescreen version, but it's probably worth popping in to Halfords to see what prices they have...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Is widescreen worth the extra money? I used my brother's regular size Medion in UK last week and thought any bigger would be unnecessary, obstruct windscreen view etc.

Advertisement