Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to get small reg plates

Options
  • 03-11-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey im looking to get a 3/4 size number plate or even 12"x3"

Would anyone know where I could get it done? .. prefferably around north Dublin

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

why ?? thye might look nice but who needs that 3 cm Square... extra cooling air or ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

They are not square my good man, you mustn't have very good spatial skills ....

12inch by 3 inch .... does that sound like a square to you? :P

Also how exactly would that provide extra cooling air?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

http://www.fancyplates.com/index.html

here you go, you can construct your own plate on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Hey im looking to get a 3/4 size number plate or even 12"x3"

Would anyone know where I could get it done? .. prefferably around north Dublin

Thanks

They are illegal so don't bother unless you like paying fines :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EnErGy

Try googling 'show plates' or look on flebay for same

EnErGy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

andrewh5 wrote: »
    They are illegal so don't bother unless you like paying fines :D

Yes because driving around this country on a day to day basis you can see the laws on number plates are so rigidly enforced,why would you risk bringing such shame upon you C breeze??

My own plates are illegal,ive gone through several check points,been stopped for speeding,been stopped for having no front plate(not for fashion reasons - i lost it) and an illegal rear plate and i still didn't get any comment on my illegal plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Try the Leprechauns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

C_Breeze wrote: »
    They are not square my good man, you mustn't have very good spatial skills ....

12inch by 3 inch .... does that sound like a square to you? :P

Also how exactly would that provide extra cooling air?

everyone relocates their front plates when front mountin so yeah, any more air that can go in... By all means... hence the extra 3 square cm sterotype...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Cheers for the response lads

Those webistes and ebay would only do plain UK style plates i would assume..

Im essentially looking for a shrunken IRL plate and just wanted to see if there were any physical shops that you could go into to get them made up

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

tossy wrote: »
    Yes because driving around this country on a day to day basis you can see the laws on number plates are so rigidly enforced,why would you risk bringing such shame upon you C breeze??

My own plates are illegal,ive gone through several check points,been stopped for speeding,been stopped for having no front plate(not for fashion reasons - i lost it) and an illegal rear plate and i still didn't get any comment on my illegal plates.

That is because the Garda Traffic Corps are sh1te. One day they will actually get off their fat ar$es and actually do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

tossy wrote: »
    ...been stopped for having no front plate ... and an illegal rear plate and i still didn't get any comment on my illegal plates.

Does not compute. :confused:

You were stopped for an illegal rear plate, but didn't get any comment on you illegal plates?

Or am I mis-reading you?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Advertisement