Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New hob - breaking my heart...

• 03-11-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and Mrs. bonkey are shortly buying an apartment. It has a nice kitchen...with a more-or-less brand-new induction hob which we're really looking forward to.

But...

I discovered yesterday that my pans (Le Pentole) obviously changed the metal they were made of sometime since being designed. The newer base should work on induction (i.e. a magnet will stick to it), and the older base apparently won't (i.e. non-magnetic).

I'm gutted.

I love the pans, so the solution will be to buy a new set of the same ones...but there's something just wrong about replacing a perfectly good pan with what is effectively the same one again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Buy an induction adaptor plate - but it seems like a cheap and nasty solution. It might be cheaper to change the hob rather than buy a full set of new pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Minder wrote: »
    Buy an induction adaptor plate - but it seems like a cheap and nasty solution.
    Thought about it....but I don't think so. Maybe, short-term, if I'm stuck.

I've heard mixed comments about how well they work....anyone any experience?
    It might be cheaper to change the hob rather than buy a full set of new pans.

Thought about that too...

I've currently got 6 of this particular range. 1 of those will work. Of the other 5, I can live without 2, leaving me only three to replace....the three I most use :( That'll come in somewhere about 600-750 CHF (say 500 EUR max.) which is certainly less then the cost of the hob.

Compared to the overall price of buying the new place....its peanuts. Still an expense I could live without, but hey...once its done, its done, right?

Advertisement